Vincent

Milan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

threads like this show the forum at its best

One hundred percent. One thing is to ramble on about footballing matters but true show of spirit is to come together in a more serious topic and give unconditional support to one who needs it the most. And I don't mean the 11 millionaires on the pitch.

Milan.cech responded to me in the ex-Blues thread of Eidur Gudjohnsen. Here is an update of me, after i had all my chemotherapy and radiotherapy i was cancer-free declared. It was a long and hard fight wich i succeed. The first months at home (June, July, August 2011) i had to recover from everything. It went pretty well and the doctors where very happy with the results. Later on i started working out at physiotherapy, that went so well that after a while i started working out at a regular healthcentre. I was working out about 4 times a week and felt after half a year (November, December 2011) actually very strong! The doctors were still very happy with the progress i've made. But then after a while i was feeling a bit ill, i felt stuffy and had problems breathing properly. I was going to hospital for a rontgen photo and they saw many inflammations inside of my lungs. They took pieces (cuts) out of my lungs to investigate. But they couldn't really find anything what caused the problems. Later on i got a pneumothorax on the left lung and later on on the right lung. It was gettin so bad that i was all day long on an oxygen tank to keep me alive. After a while and much treatment the doctors were thinking about a lung transplantation. But then the medicines (prednisone) started to work. The inflammations started to dissapear and after a few months i also was off- the oxygen tank. Now i'm still recovering from this, wich started february 2012 and it ended about may 2012. Now i'm still recovering, coming wednesday im going to physiotherapy again for the first time. The doctors still dont know what caused these problems the blood doctors say it's a graft versus host disease but the lung doctors say it's caused by earlier chemotherapy. I don't know who i should believe, but the thing is that the treatment did his work. I still cannot walk for very long because then i get out of breath. I don't know if its because of the lungs are that much damaged. Or it's because of my condition. The prednisone eats away the muscle you have so im just hoping that it's only the muscle i have to restore. Maybe this wasn't exactly what you guys wanted to hear but atleast the cancer didn't win the fight against me. I hope you guys understood everything i said, i do my best to type in a good English as possible. Forgive me for any misspellings.

Still thinking of you Vincent. Keep up your fight and I am sure you will get there. Hope all comes good. You're an inspiration to keep fighting no matter the situation.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. When i was on the oxygen tank, with much problems to breath. I still gave everything to support my team, Chelsea, in the finals of the Champions League against Bayern Munche - in hospital. It's a moment that i'll never forget, and just the right thing that gave me a little extra power to keep fighting and to remember, never surrender.

Maybe i should write a book about it one time, where i had to go through and all the failure by the doctors in the hospital. It's seriously rediculous, what can go wrong, goes wrong.

Vincent, all your trials and travails are extremely moving. The strength and courage that you have exuded in the face of this overwhelming adversity is an absolute inspiration. Be well my blue brother.

Glad to hear you're doing at least somewhat better, keep on fighting and you'll come on top of it all. You're an inspiration to us all, you make us forget about all our small time problems.

Just now I was feeling sad but after reading about your story I feel ashamed to complain about any problem of mine. You're awesome, man! I was really moved with your fighting spirit, congratulations on your recovery (even if you're not 100% yet) - you deserved it.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. When i was on the oxygen tank, with much problems to breath. I still gave everything to support my team, Chelsea, in the finals of the Champions League against Bayern Munche - in hospital. It's a moment that i'll never forget, and just the right thing that gave me a little extra power to keep fighting and to remember, never surrender.

Maybe i should write a book about it one time, where i had to go through and all the failure by the doctors in the hospital. It's seriously rediculous, what can go wrong, goes wrong.

What a guy you are mate. Blijf sterk!

Honestly, one day TC need to meet up and go for a beer down the Fuham road. We're all a big family who care a lot about each other.

Next time I am there no excuses. TC meet up is happening!

Wow. I don't come here very often these days but it's great to know that there is another family for me here were i can always count on. Each of those posts make me feel so appreciated. I couldn't overcome all these relapses and illness without friends and family and messages like these. I cannot describe how much such messages mean to me.

Can we still donate or is that done?

Best of luck to you mate.

Steve can probably answer this question the best. We actually should get to goal because now the €/$50,- is in possession of the collecting website.

Absolute inspiration. So brave of you, Vincent. Just goes to show how strong a sense of willpower can be. Makes you believe there is a God, after all, doesn't it?

One blue angel on my shoulder like a friend said.

threads like this show the forum at its best

Definitely! Talkchelsea forever!

So glad to hear from you Vincent, really. Your spirit is inspirational and I really keep my fingers crossed you will have the opportunity, a lot of time and energy to write the bok you just mentioned. It would mean you have won the fight once and for all. You're a fighter and I wish you only the very best in the future.

It will probably keep it as an idea because i'm pretty down to earth. Thanks for showing your intrests, means a lot!

Good luck fella, sounds like you've been through tough, tough times.

When you're well enough and if you ever want a ticket to a game let me know, it'd be a pleasure to get you to a game.

Dangerous statement, because of my rich taste, haha!! People like you are a blessing to this world.

It's nice to see you back mate.

I'm glad you beat the cancer. It must've been terrible starting to feel yourself again and then getting hit with something else. You're clearly a very strong person. Hopefully you're on the up and steady from here onwards.

All the best mate.

Yes, these relapses are very hard. Especially mentally, you cannot show your weakness in front of you family and loved ones

Honestly, one day TC need to meet up and go for a beer down the Fuham road. We're all a big family who care a lot about each other.

We definitely should do that. I wont be there this year because the chemotherapy destroyed the vaccinations that you get when you be born. I will get these probably next year. Till that moment i have to watch out for crowdy places.