Term-X

They're back..

For anyone not familiar with Kendrick Lamar, 2012 was the year Hip Hop found it’s saviour. Hailing from 'Compton', one of the most notorious locations in rap history, Dr. Dre co-signed him to Aftermath for the now classic debut 'good kid, m.A.A.d city'. The album received universal praise and recognition, XXL (respected Hip Hop mag) gave it the same rating as Nas' Illmatic (an album considered the greatest in rap history).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lonely Island get around 100million views per vid, so it's good exposure for a 'real MC' like Kendrick.

So does Justin Bieber. Got to agree with Spiegel, not really into this kind of rap, no message really. Looking around in the rap thread I've noticed you're more into new rap..do you listen to 2pac, Biggie, Dr Dre?

They're back..

For anyone not familiar with Kendrick Lamar, 2012 was the year Hip Hop found it’s saviour. Hailing from 'Compton', one of the most notorious locations in rap history, Dr. Dre co-signed him to Aftermath for the now classic debut 'good kid, m.A.A.d city'. The album received universal praise and recognition, XXL (respected Hip Hop mag) gave it the same rating as Nas' Illmatic (an album considered the greatest in rap history).

Why is 'Compton' in quotations? It's a real city in Los Angeles. If you don't believe me, just ask N.W.A.

So does Justin Bieber. Got to agree with Spiegel, not really into this kind of rap, no message really. Looking around in the rap thread I've noticed you're more into new rap..do you listen to 2pac, Biggie, Dr Dre?

Yes, of course I listen (have listened) to them, I have everything all three artists have ever released. Nas is far superior to both Pac & Biggie, who have been largely overrated by mainstream Hip Hop fans, it's become a cliché when people say those two are the GOAT.

And what do you mean "this kind of rap", you do realise Kendrick Lamar is the most lyrical and creative artist out right now, and this is just a comedy rap? right?..

Lonely Island = SNL Comedy Group

Any artist who collabs with them = for fun, not to be taken serious, exposure to a mass audience etc..