Boardwalk Empire

DDA

Martin Scorses Boardwalk Empire, set in Atlantic City, New Jersey in the Prohibition Era of the early 1900's. Currently at the end of the third series aired on channel Sky Atlantic, this adaptation by Terence Winter (The Soprano's) is nothing short of a historical masterpiece. Steve Buscemi's performance as Nucky Thompson is incredible with the supporting cast following suit. You will find yourself engrossed with its authentically, chilling and brutal take on the life of a Gangster dealing with the import of illegal alcohol during early 20th century. HBO have announced that a fourth series will be hitting out screens later this year and if you haven't watched the previous three series then I strongly recommend you do.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show, am currently going through it... I am mid way through season 2 at the moment. I reccomend people watch it, but give it a couple of episodes as it can be at times a slow burner but is extremely good viewing... I also love how they add in true historical facts like the fixing of the world series in 1919 etc... Enjoy!

Great show, am currently going through it... I am mid way through season 2 at the moment. I reccomend people watch it, but give it a couple of episodes as it can be at times a slow burner but is extremely good viewing... I also love how they add in true historical facts like the fixing of the world series in 1919 etc... Enjoy!

I also agree sometimes it can be a slow burner but for me, I watch this epic mainly for the articulate way of speech. It really is an impressive script and pushes the boundaries of the English language. Then you have lot's of gun and knife action for a bonus. The assassin (Moon faced sniper) is my favourite character. If you haven't watched series 3 yet wait until you see his solo performance in the later episodes, he is a monster with arsenal.