xPetrCechx

Isco looks great and all because of his dribbling but, honestly, we had a far better player in Mata and Mourinho couldn't wait to get rid of him. So this makes very little sense to me.

Isco isn't really anything like Mata at all. He's way stronger on the ball, a MUCH better dribbler, has better work rate, and isn't so light weight that he gets brushed off the ball with ease.

Isco looks great and all because of his dribbling but, honestly, we had a far better player in Mata and Mourinho couldn't wait to get rid of him. So this makes very little sense to me.

Isco can track back, he was even playing as double pivot sometimes last season

Isco was playing the Modric role at Real last season at times, he's much better than Mata defensively and has really good work rate.

Why be stuck in the past?? We got problems NOW and harping on about summet that happened years ago is no help to anyone.

We all know Mata WAS/is? a great player but for WHATEVER reasons he didnt suit our (Mous) playing mentality,styleat the time (Hes not the 1st and wont be the last) so the lad had to go for the benifit of the team as a whole.

We have got BASICALLY the same soddin players as we had at the start of last season. IMHO we played some of the best football I have ever seen a team play, let alone Chelsea. So watching this same group of lads yesterday is like watching a faded shadow of last years team. The team are knackered both phyically and mentally and theres gotta be some reason for it. But at the same time we got some players a year older and 5 years slower. They need replacing.

We also need to bring in young creative,fast,fresh blood and if Isco fits that bill we shouldn't be umming and ahhing about it. We should be out buying 3 or 4 GOOD first XI players.

as much as i dont rate Isco as highly as some on here, he is definitley more of a Mourinho player then Mata.

While I would like Isco and support his signing, because I think there is a desperate need for different (better actually) options, I don't think he suits Chelsea tbh. His talents wouldn't be utilized to the maximum and I can already imagine him being called inconsistent, a big game flop and general questioning of his attitude. Even though it's simply because his game is meant for a different type of football. If he were to leave Real, he'd be better off signing for City or Juventus.

While I would like Isco and support his signing, because I think there is a desperate need for different options, I don't think he suits Chelsea tbh. His talents wouldn't be utilized to the maximum and I can already imagine him being called inconsistent, a big game flop and general questioning of his attitude. Even though it's simply because his game is meant for a different type of football. If he were to leave Real, he'd be better off signing for City or Juventus.

Isn't this equivalent to saying that Eden should leave as well because we don't fully utilise his talents either? :P

Isco isn't really anything like Mata at all. He's way stronger on the ball, a MUCH better dribbler, has better work rate, and isn't so light weight that he gets brushed off the ball with ease.

Isco can track back, he was even playing as double pivot sometimes last season

Isco was playing the Modric role at Real last season at times, he's much better than Mata defensively and has really good work rate.

Why be stuck in the past?? We got problems NOW and harping on about summet that happened years ago is no help to anyone.

We all know Mata WAS/is? a great player but for WHATEVER reasons he didnt suit our (Mous) playing mentality,styleat the time (Hes not the 1st and wont be the last) so the lad had to go for the benifit of the team as a whole.

as much as i dont rate Isco as highly as some on here, he is definitley more of a Mourinho player then Mata.

Ok, fair enough. Maybe I didn't make my point fully clear.

If we were singing him for his 'attacking prowess', we had a much better player for that in Mata. That is what I meant there.

As for him being an attacking player, his goals and assists are very similar to Oscar's, so I don't think he is a signing that could really change our dynamics. Yes, he's better at dribbling than Oscar but not really much else. Another Oscar-level signing is not what we need right now.

My real point is that we don't need Real Madrid's outcasts. We need someone who would start for 99% of top teams in the world. Someone like Griezmann, Koké or Pogba. These are the types of player who could really change how we play. Hell, considering the amount of space Cesc was surrendering yesterday and how bad Ramires is with the ball, even an all-around midfielder like Schneiderlin would be of more benefit to us now than an Isco/Oscar type signing.

If we were singing him for his 'attacking prowess', we had a much better player for that in Mata. That is what I meant there.

As for him being an attacking player, his goals and assists are very similar to Oscar's, so I don't think he is a signing that could really change our dynamics. Yes, he's better at dribbling than Oscar but not really much else. Another Oscar-level signing is not what we need right now.

My real point is that we don't need Real Madrid's outcasts. We need someone who would start for 99% of top teams in the world. Someone like Griezmann, Koké or Pogba. These are the types of player who could really change how we play. Hell, considering the amount of space Cesc was surrendering yesterday and how bad Ramires is with the ball, even an all-around midfielder like Schneiderlin would be of more benefit to us now than an Isco/Oscar type signing.

Özil, Di Maria, and Robben are Real Madrid cast offs. Fabregas, Sanchez, and Yaya are Barca cast offs. Isco isn't a nailed on starter at Real Madrid because they are obsessed with getting a shiny new toy every summer.

He's better than Oscar and miles better than Willian so he'd start for us every game.

Isn't this equivalent to saying that Eden should leave as well because we don't fully utilise his talents either? :P

Hazard would play at a higher level playing for Bayern, Barca etc. but Hazard will perform exceptionally anywhere. Because he has power and drive (added bonus of excellent fitness). Talents like Neymar, James, Pogba share that same quality, in addition to their individual ability. Isco doesn't have that so he's far more dependent on playing for a dominant outfit, providing him sufficient support and less ground to cover.

I'm not saying he would fail, not at all, but I highly doubt he would shine. Oscar is a different player and a lesser talent, but he suffers from the same issue. He has the right attitude, with his selfless and hard-working nature, but he can't maintain his level. A full season wears him out.

Silva is similar to Isco in this and I think Isco would make a fine succesor when he matures.

Brother Ive already offered to donate my left dangley for any one of those 3. And theres been a hushed whisper and links saying we are still lookingat Griezmann so I might be in for an op yet!!!

This information can be the key to sign Isco or Varane ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean salary (after paying taxes) of R.Madrid players (in euros).

Pacheco: 800.000

Cherysehv: 1.000.000

Nacho: 1.200.000

Carvajal: 1.200.000

Casemiro: 1.200.000

Jesé: 1.200.000

Keylor Navas: 2.000.000

Isco: 2.000.000 (38.4561 euros per week).

Danilo: 2.000.000

Varane: 2.400.000 (46.153 euros per week).

Illarramendi: 2.400.000

Arbeloa: 2.800.000

Pepe: 3.800.000

Coentrao: 4.000.000

Marcelo: 4.000.000

Modric: 4.500.000

Toni Kroos: 6.000.000

James Rodríguez: 6.000.000

Benzema: 8.000.000

Sergio Ramos: 10.000.000

Gareth Bale: 11.000.000

Cristiano Ronaldo: 17.000.000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say this, but in football the money is equal to the importance or the respect that a club gives to his players. And Varane and Isco have a very low salary ... (according to the money that players usually earn, not in real life, obviously)

Regards.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You