Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Demba is the man. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

What I love about him is that he's humble to the core, and selfless. So rare these days with primadonna crybaby strikers that demand playing time like it's a birth right. He's quality to be a first team player on any team, but understands his role with Chelsea.

Buy the man a syrup!

So true, I love his attitude, I can't think of another player with his humilty. He was what, 3rd highest scorer in the league or something? And still has a smile on his face if Torres is picked ahead of him (even back when Torres was in his worst rut of form). His work rate is always great, even though he has his spells where he can't finish.

I'd say he's already earned his 7 million in transfer fee, what he's lacked in goals, he's made up for in moving around defenders enough to allow for HazMat goals.

So - He currently averages 1 goal every 3 games, yes? That's a better strike rate (based on current form) than Van Persie, Torres, Aguero, and I believe even Rooney(?) It's also a bit better than the striker partner he left behind at Newcastle, Cisse.

This is with him still adapting to the team as he has not been given a fair run in the team yet with the stupid rotation policy and the fact that he's not eligible for the Europa League.

If rumours are to be believed, he did indeed join us for only single figures (in the millions obviously). It's rare that we spend under £10m for a first team player, isn't it?

I believe that's a good return we've got, especially considering not just the goal-to-game ratio of 1-3, but the vital goals which you can sometimes just not put a price on like yesterday.

There's little point in even going into his all-round play as it's far superior to what our other striker has to offer.

On top of all that, we've seemed to have brought a genuinely nice, humble guy into the squad. My head tells me he'll be gone already in the Summer to some team like Monaco unfortunately, but I really do hope he stays and continues to play a part. If that does indeed happen, it looks like we'd either make a profit, break even, or take a loss of around £3/4m (which again is quite decent for our club given how many losses we typically made over the past.)

I say this deal has been a success.

Good post, but I have no doubts that he'll be here next year.

What incredible body control he shows each game. That goal was just insane. For such a big guy he is not only acrobatic, i mean i am his size and i can do a summersualt and stuff, but he can simply improvise theseoverheads from one moment to the other without any preparation time against some of the best defenders of the world and hit the ball perfectly. What an athlete this guy is. Its a shame we do not have him to win the EL. Without him Benfica will be a lot harder to outdo

Demba Ba "if you knew how powerful sujood is (his typical celebration), you'd never lift your head off the ground".

based on scientific reasons (not to mention his faith), what he's been doing is extremely useful for the circulation of our blood to the brain and keeping your brain fresh.

nice work Demba.

I've just fell in love with this player, and even though I don't think this will end up a good buy in the long term, I just like him allround as a player.

Im not quite sure he can be a number 1, but he will be some rotation forward to a decent forward we will hopefully bring in this summer, it's players like Ba that make squad's strong.

That's if you trust Torres to perform consistently over the course of a season, i don't. He will show up at the beginning, be very shit in the middle and show up again at the end of the season as usual.

Ba and Lukaku is decent though, but not a duo i would expect to win the league.

We would get knock out of Europe in group stages or round of 16.

Im not quite sure he can be a number 1, but he will be some rotation forward to a decent forward we will hopefully bring in this summer, it's players like Ba that make squad's strong.

Well it's just the way we play, we seem to be going like a Barcelona style in the future, we have short passing fast tempo first touch football. Ba can't play in a team like that, if Ba was at United he would score a shit load, probably 20 a season, as you've seen he has a huge speciality in volleying a ball, but he scores most goals from wide, he's an arial threat.

Like against Wigan was it? where he missed about 3 comfortable one on ones? Ba rarely scores through balls, just look at all his goals for Newcastle, about 90 percent of them are from crosses or lob through balls where he's hit first time.

I personally just think we bought him as he was the only option and we didn't really want to spend much in the market. I can't see him doing well for us in the longterm, i might just be looking at this too blunt or negative, but that's what I think anyway.

I don't mind keeping Demba Ba around. Our attacking mids get enough goals (most in the league?) so we don't need a high scoring striker, we need a dude with some BALLS who will work hard and not be a pussy. Demba does that, Lukaku will do that, big men who will bully the CBs and most importantly OCCUPY the backline and stretch them so the trio behind them can be even more influential.

Furthermore, a better ball-playing midfield will help tremendously as well so we can keep at least one of Mata or Hazard further up the pitch with Ba/Torres ala Real Madrid where Ronaldo rarely tracks back and stays up as a one man counter-attack. Meaning, address midfield first then other positions.