Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Thought Ba played well yesterday - yes, he should have scored at least one of the opportunities he had, but he dropped deep at times and it was like we were effectively playing with Hazard and Mata exchanging roles as a false number 9. That's the difference between he and Torres; Demba is actually quite a visionary player and makes some very incisive passing and movement.

I'd be more concerned if he wasn't getting into the goalscoring positions than by him missing them.

I agree, but ultimately people rate strikers by goal.

I know it is one game, but if he has a run of good games with no goals, nothing will 'save' his performances.

People go for one extreme to another, but if his next game is similar to this one, we better start to get worried.

iDBu43Mu2iPf8.gif

watch Ba's movement, blocks the defender and the second Hazard shoots he turns around looking for the rebound. Haven't seen Torres do this to be honest. Probably if Torres was playing the other defender would have closed on Hazard.

And on the two low crosses of Hazard on the right towards the near post, he made a good run each time.

I don't agree that we played not enough on him.

He was on two one on one on lampard and moses cross.

two low crosses from hazard to the near post, one a bit too fast and the other one cleared by a defender at the last moment.

He had another one possible one on one when he tangled with the defender, perhaps he could have tried to take the ball with his left foot, another possibility on the right when he took too much time to shoot.

And he could have had another one if Demel had not clipped the right foot of hazard, as he was coming from behind and the left side of West Ham open.

He had good movements, was letting the team move the ball, only his finishing was not good, at least he wasn't breaking the play.

I don't agree that a striker should always be the key player in attack.

Look at the Juventus team, they don't have great strikers, Barcelona, Dotrmund, Spanish national team; the forward is not the key player, they don't play all the balls to them, they will play them when needed but they also uses his movements dragging defenders away to let other players take the space.

Total over reaction, get a grip, he had a good match.

That's a bit of an overstatement, but it definitely wasn't as bad as some people made it out. If he only had scored one of those chances it'd have been a totally different case.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Not my number one choice, but he has a few intagibles that Fernie lacks. Bravery, commitment, dedication.

it's not difficult to be better than torres now. he is not the same player as before unfortunately. ba is good ( and better than torres lol) but he misses a lot of chances and chelsea needsa better player it's sure

iDBu43Mu2iPf8.gif

watch Ba's movement, blocks the defender and the second Hazard shoots he turns around looking for the rebound. Haven't seen Torres do this to be honest. Probably if Torres was playing the other defender would have closed on Hazard.

Exactly. As good as an assist.