Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

BA in Drogba out! Sounds like a good transition to me.. Could he be our next Drogba? Past injuries would be the only concern signing him.. worth the risk though.. Its not like we will be paying an arm and a leg for him.

Just because he has a release clause of less than £7m doesn't mean we should just throw the money and sign him. That's the money you spend on kids like Marin who appear to be deemed a squad player, with the potential of being a pleasant, explosive, surprise.

Not to deny Ba's ability, just think we should strengthen in other areas first and use what we already have in Sturridge & Lukaku (supposedly Torres too.)

7m to further hinder the careers of Lukaku and Sturridge by bringing in another knee injury nightmare don't seem a bargain to me.

If we were keen on him he would need to pass our medical first.. An honest assessment of he's knee will probably see him fail.. This is where clubs that may be interested Need to way up if it's worth the risk

I would not be adverse to having a player of Ba's proven Premier League quality. He is a far better option than Sturridge.

Agreed sturridge and torres cant hold the ball up the same way the likes of drogba , andy caroll and ba do but maybe lukaka can if given the chance ...but i reckon he goes out on loan next season.

I would not be adverse to having a player of Ba's proven Premier League quality. He is a far better option than Sturridge.

Really?Ba didn't play well out wide but Danny on the other hand scored 18 goals as a right winger,a position he is not used to.IMO,Danny would score plenty for us or any team as a center forward.

I also think it's very difficult to change the system so quickly and not have any kind of physical presence up-front. Lukaku will almost certainly be loaned out which leaves us with Danny and Fernando. I would definitely welcome someone like Demba Ba, Dzeko or anybody who is different to our strikers. B) Variety is important, remember the days we used to play Robert Huth as a CF. :D

If we were keen on him he would need to pass our medical first.. An honest assessment of he's knee will probably see him fail.. This is where clubs that may be interested Need to way up if it's worth the risk

indeed. i just don't think Chelsea will do it and i don't blame them. i know £7m is what Roman might pay his pool cleaner or landscape gardener. but it`s not so much what his pricetag is, it`s mainly the fact that players that we should be introducing into the 1st team bit by bit will end up going on loans and we can't trust those teams to have the best interests of the players futures at heart,they may flog them into the ground by playing them every single game or they could just totally underuse them. sometimes they work out well but there`s been far too many that haven't.

josh played 4 games i believe for Swansea last year..he would have played more if he had just stayed with us i`m sure.

• 3 months later...