Ramadel Falcao, Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Edison Cavani: Do they fit the needs of Chelsea FC?

OneMoSalah

Villa is/was a great striker, i'm just not sure about him now with this injury. I don't get why he can't play at Barca also, Pedro and Sanchez are not exactly playing great.

Even before his injury, he already seem to have problems at Barcelona. Perhaps they just prefer an actual wide player playing on the flanks and just let Messi score all the goals. And speaking of Messi, he seems to be having some sort of issues with Villa as well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we are definitely getting a striker now, especially with Sturridge on the way.

Cavani seems like the best striker for us who is a realistic target.

Things what i like about Cavani is, is his work rate which is fantastic for a player of his standard, normally players with his talents are all stuck up there arse they wont bother. He also works very well with the team, Napoli has a quick attacking system, and Cavani links up perfectly, remember the damage he and Lavezzi did against us working together?. He's no average man on the ball, look at his goals against Inter Milan, when he took on about 6 players then rounded the keeper and just tapped it in.

We obviously know he's a lethal finisher, he is definitely much better than Torres, Cavani likes to score goals. But the best thing about Cavani is, is that he's not scared to go in for a header and will jump into anything, that's how he scores a lot of goals. Like against City he scored two very difficult goals in the same match, and that's because he isn't scared to go jumping in, and he gets results.

I think Cavani is getting overlooked here, had he scored the hattrick instead of Falcao it would be the other way around. We should definitely try and get cavani at least anyway, it would be a shame to not at least try as he's our best option out there.

Looks like we are definitely getting a striker now, especially with Sturridge on the way.

Cavani seems like the best striker for us who is a realistic target.

Things what i like about Cavani is, is his work rate which is fantastic for a player of his standard, normally players with his talents are all stuck up there arse they wont bother. He also works very well with the team, Napoli has a quick attacking system, and Cavani links up perfectly, remember the damage he and Lavezzi did against us working together?. He's no average man on the ball, look at his goals against Inter Milan, when he took on about 6 players then rounded the keeper and just tapped it in.

We obviously know he's a lethal finisher, he is definitely much better than Torres, Cavani likes to score goals. But the best thing about Cavani is, is that he's not scared to go in for a header and will jump into anything, that's how he scores a lot of goals. Like against City he scored two very difficult goals in the same match, and that's because he isn't scared to go jumping in, and he gets results.

I think Cavani is getting overlooked here, had he scored the hattrick instead of Falcao it would be the other way around. We should definitely try and get cavani at least anyway, it would be a shame to not at least try as he's our best option out there.

falcao and cavani. price is grossly inflated right now

Unfortunately, but we have to at least try and make a scene of it and get the press invovled, you never know what might turn out.

Yesterday there was talk about how Rafa was trying to free funds for January. if that is the case, i think we'll be signing cheaper options in midfield attack and a replacement for sturridge

Yesterday there was talk about how Rafa was trying to free funds for January. if that is the case, i think we'll be signing cheaper options in midfield attack and a replacement for sturridge

This seems like the most sensible and the most likely option to me.

This seems like the most sensible and the most likely option to me.

Hmm I think that's more of a tactical move...

You don't walk into a car showroom with money bulging out of your pockets, you haggle, wheel and deal...

Same here, everyone and his dog knows we need a striker, but we ain't gonna be mugged off (again)...

Still think Falcao is coming and at least 2 other players - by the end of Jan we'll know.

Have Malaga got any players we need? Just been banned from Europe till they sort financial shift out???

You don't walk into a car showroom with money bulging out of your pockets, you haggle, wheel and deal...

Same here, everyone and his dog knows we need a striker, but we ain't gonna be mugged off (again)...

Still think Falcao is coming and at least 2 other players - by the end of Jan we'll know.

Have Malaga got any players we need? Just been banned from Europe till they sort financial shift out???

Isco :wub:

Well if we need another attacking midfielder then yeah Isco..

Málaga are banned from playing in Europe next season because they haven't paid off their debts. And unless they pay them off this season, they will also be banned from Europe for another three seasons on top of that.

They have Isco of course, but a lot of people would argue that we don't need another attacking midfielder. But I think competition between players is a good thing. I mean, look at how much Mata, Oscar and Hazard have all had to play this season. If we're looking for a great left-back to replace Cole, then Natxo Monreal would be an excellent option. Ignacio Camachio is also an excellent holding midfielder who does the 'dirty work' for Málaga. He sits in front of the defence and wins the ball back constantly. He's also very comfortable in possession.

Obviously, not every Spanish player is going to be a success in the Premier League, but if we persist with this style of football we've been playing this season then players like Isco, Monreal and Camacho would fit in very well here.

Málaga are banned from playing in Europe next season because they haven't paid off their debts. And unless they pay them off this season, they will also be banned from Europe for another three seasons on top of that.

They have Isco of course, but a lot of people would argue that we don't need another attacking midfielder. But I think competition between players is a good thing. I mean, look at how much Mata, Oscar and Hazard have all had to play this season. If we're looking for a great left-back to replace Cole, then Natxo Monreal would be an excellent option. Ignacio Camachio is also an excellent holding midfielder who does the 'dirty work' for Málaga. He sits in front of the defence and wins the ball back constantly. He's also very comfortable in possession.

Obviously, not every Spanish player is going to be a success in the Premier League, but if we persist with this style of football we've been playing this season then players like Isco, Monreal and Camacho would fit in very well here.

Fuck me thats 3 players we need! - I'm liking your post :)

Malaga we're coming over :) get that Fax Machine (how 80s are football association) fired up!

Edit: actually I think I know why facsimile is still used as the courts accept it as legally binding... Sure they did this on 'signed' emails tho? Perhaps not... I mean we've just got goal line tech...

Why can't WE ever do this :(

Our scouts are a fucking shambles!!!

To be honest, I'm almost certain that our scouts recommend Emenalo a lot of players that are not that well-known but have A LOT of ability and potential, but those recommendations probably get turned down because they're not 'big names'.

But we're improving on this front over the past while, thankfully.

To be honest, I'm almost certain that our scouts recommend Emenalo a lot of players that are not that well-known but have A LOT of ability and potential, but those recommendations probably get turned down because they're not 'big names'.

But we're improving on this front over the past while, thankfully.

Hmm I hope so, this is how I see our scouting network...

'Ere, Bob, who's that player that 'ad a blinder against us, oh Dave, you mean KdB, yeah that's im, right lets sign him...'

Rinse + repeat...

I know it's better than that, but that's what I honestly think sometimes... :)

Hmm I hope so, this is how I see our scouting network...

'Ere, Bob, who's that player that 'ad a blinder against us, oh Dave, you mean KdB, yeah that's im, right lets sign him...'

Rinse + repeat...

I know it's better than that, but that's what I honestly think sometimes... :)

You're probably not too far wrong mate. :P

If we ever find a manager who Roman trusts enough to allow him to sign players himself, that will make me a very happy Chelsea fan. But we all know there's only one man that will have these privileges. A certain Pep Guardiola.