test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shogun

Darts Championship

Started by Shogun,

24 posts in this topic

Funny isn't it how one man can scare the shit out of everyone in sport. Van Barneveld, immense throughout the whole tournament just simply shits himself against Phil Taylor. I know he's mounting a bit of a fightback but it will be over in 2 minutes.

Or maybe not lol. 5-4 GAME ON!

(fuck off Titiano btw, you're as funny as being diagnosed with cancer).
DDA likes this

Taylor really pisses me off with his antics... Van Gerwen was just immense tonight... 17 perfect darts. I nearly jumped a hole through the roof if he had hit that back to back 9 darter. Big final NY's day... cannot wait!

Come on MVG, great start so far, stunning. Really hope he doesn't let Taylor back in. It's so refreshing seeing someone who's not scared of Taylor. He's beaten him the last 2 times, he can beat him again. He's immense.

Come on MVG, great start so far, stunning. Really hope he doesn't let Taylor back in. It's so refreshing seeing someone who's not scared of Taylor. He's beaten him the last 2 times, he can beat him again. He's immense.

Important Set for MVG! 3-2 Ahead!

Can't believe he threw it away at 4-2 but Taylor did play unbelievably. Oh well... i did put a tenner on Taylor when he went 3-2 down at like 20/23 so scant consolation.

Well done mate

Are they Ronnie Baxter flights? They look it..

Keep at it and you'll be banging in 180s for fun!

Cheers! Bang on, I had white stems at the time so wanted matching flights, they have lasted ages actually considering I don't use protectors or anything.

I am at Uni at the moment so don't get to play at all. I am determined to get a board when I move into my own house next year though!

TrueChelseaBlue likes this

Well done mate

Are they Ronnie Baxter flights? They look it..

Keep at it and you'll be banging in 180s for fun!

Cheers! Bang on, I had white stems at the time so wanted matching flights, they have lasted ages actually considering I don't use protectors or anything.

I am at Uni at the moment so don't get to play at all. I am determined to get a board when I move into my own house next year though!

Ahh nice keep us updated! Play darts myself, been playing for around 10 years.

Yeah I used to use Baxters flights myself, pretty decent.

What weight do you throw?

Darts is such a good sport both to play and watch.

At the moment I throw, Unicorn Gripper 1 - 25g (Previously Winmau Navigator 26g). So gradually getting lighter lol. What about you?

Darts is such a good sport both to play and watch.

At the moment I throw, Unicorn Gripper 1 - 25g (Previously Winmau Navigator 26g). So gradually getting lighter lol. What about you?

It most certainly is, couldn't agree more..

I throw 27g darts, always have, seems to suit me though, seem to play very well with that weight.

Tried lighter darts and just can't get used to them. I play & watch, absolutely love it. My 2nd favourite sport behind Football.

I throw 27g darts, always have, seems to suit me though, seem to play very well with that weight.

Tried lighter darts and just can't get used to them. I play & watch, absolutely love it. My 2nd favourite sport behind Football.

I used to throw these 30g brass barrels. Then switched to 26g which was a huge change!

Are you more of a PDC or BDO man? I would certainly put it in my top 3 (along with both codes of rugby).

30 to 26? Christ! Lol.

More of a PDC man myself but I do enjoy both and have fronds in both codes. Find PDC the better standard, more up to date and more entertaining.

I used to throw these 30g brass barrels. Then switched to 26g which was a huge change!

Are you more of a PDC or BDO man? I would certainly put it in my top 3 (along with both codes of rugby).

30 to 26? Christ! Lol.

More of a PDC man myself but I do enjoy both and have fronds in both codes.

Find PDC the better standard, more up to date and more entertaining.

30 to 26? Christ! Lol.

Yes! I had these really fat brass ones and went to the navigator, really thin tungsten ones. They was only cheap so gave them a go lol!

Like you, I will happily watch both. Although the standard is better in the PDC, I do think there is a lot of bullshit which goes with it. Sky hype it up so much, whilst in the BDO it is about the darts. I also like the fact the crowd actually seem remotely interested in whats going on, on stage and appreciate a 137 for instance.

30 to 26? Christ! Lol.

Yes! I had these really fat brass ones and went to the navigator, really thin tungsten ones. They was only cheap so gave them a go lol!

Like you, I will happily watch both. Although the standard is better in the PDC, I do think there is a lot of bullshit which goes with it. Sky hype it up so much, whilst in the BDO it is about the darts. I also like the fact the crowd actually seem remotely interested in whats going on, on stage and appreciate a 137 for instance.

Agree, that's the one thing about the PDC that really does annoy me. The crowd. They go to get boozed up and most haven't a clue what's going on!