Christian Benteke

Tomo

I hate it when people say that kind of crap about a striker. Look at Cavani's goals for the season past and you will see many deflected goals. The point is, he is a striker and his job is to put the ball in the net and if it deflects on the way in what the fuck does it matter. Benteke is like Cavani in the sense that he is always in the right place at the right time. He is proven in the Prem and just look at how he nearly devastated our Champions League hopes last season at Villa. Lucky he was sent off tbh.

calm down sweetheart only an observation. Time will tell whos right

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when people say that kind of crap about a striker. Look at Cavani's goals for the season past and you will see many deflected goals. The point is, he is a striker and his job is to put the ball in the net and if it deflects on the way in what the fuck does it matter. Benteke is like Cavani in the sense that he is always in the right place at the right time. He is proven in the Prem and just look at how he nearly devastated our Champions League hopes last season at Villa. Lucky he was sent off tbh.

Hahah, you are right, time will tell, but I have good expectations from him, in my mind he is far way better than our Demba Ba.

Wouldn't make any sense in buying him unless we want to play two upfront for some reason.

Great player. But we have our very own Belgian tank. Who is even bigger.

Why not? last season were almost 60 games (or maybe more), there is enough season for two quality and young strikers, and if we don't sign him we will blame ourselves in the future....

20M? I'll say, go for it.

Why not? last season were almost 60 games (or maybe more), there is enough season for two quality and young strikers, and if we don't sign him we will blame ourselves in the future....

20M? I'll say, go for it.

But they are pretty much the same striker. So we would be buying another one, just for rotation purposes. Lukaku is very young and incredibly fir and can shoulder the bulk of the games. IF we are gonna spend 20 mil on a striker we are better off in my opinion buying someone who gives us another option. Torres is still probably gonna play some games and we have ba.

So 20 mil, for someone to alternate with Lukaku seems a bit pointless imo. If he is cheaper then ok, because then it would be more of an investment as we can make a profit on him long term.

I think Lukaku's ceiling is higher than Benteke, and as such would rather give him as many minutes as we can manage. Benteke is going to make another team very happy but I don't think his fit is at Chelsea.

Another rumor floats around today.

Chelsea are preparing a bid for Benteke. He fits Jose´s preferred profile of a physically powerful striker. At 22, young & talented striker. Every other striker is just about gone, so why not Benteke ?

Another rumor floats around today.

Chelsea are preparing a bid for Benteke. He fits Jose´s preferred profile of a physically powerful striker. At 22, young & talented striker. Every other striker is just about gone, so why not Benteke ?

I think judging by the players we're interested in (Falcao/Cavani etc.), we're not looking for a young and talented striker, we're looking for a 30-goals-a-season world-class centre forward.

Having two top-tier young players in both Lukaku and Benteke makes no sense in a team that plays one striker.

I thought we all talk about lukaku making it in the team, what will benteke add that we can't get from our present strikers if it star striker it would be different issue

Sent from my iPhone using Genjutsu

I think judging by the players we're interested in (Falcao/Cavani etc.), we're not looking for a young and talented striker, we're looking for a 30-goals-a-season world-class centre forward.

Having two top-tier young players in both Lukaku and Benteke makes no sense in a team that plays one striker.

If you add Fernando, Lukaku, Benteke as total goals scored & it´s feasible, to see them around 35 goals, it makes sense, especially if all options to acquire world class strikers are zilch.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You