Christian Benteke

Tomo

Merged with the old thread.

Why do we even need Benteke when we already have Lukaku? What we need right now is world class ST that can come in and do the job for us, not another young talent. Can't go buying all the young and upcoming players out there!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the ones ive seen him score seem to be deflected or gk errors. Could be an unfair generalization but I can only judge what ive seen

Tbh he has scored some excellent goals. I am not going to judge him from one season but his goal against was sheer individual brilliance. His goal against WBA is up there with the best of them this season in their win at Hawthorns and he scored 2 very good goals in the win at Anfield. I think it is harsh for people to call him overrated after how much he has stood out in a poor team tbh. It would be fair for people to say they are unsure about him because he has only had 1 season in the prem but he has had an excellent season and deserves plaudits his way.

But to summarise he is a very good promising striker but we don't need him right now.

Merged with the old thread.

Why do we even need Benteke when we already have Lukaku? What we need right now is world class ST that can come in and do the job for us, not another young talent. Can't go buying all the young and upcoming players out there!

Spot on. In the last two years all we buy is young, undeveloped and still unproven talent. And actually that's great, but we need someone who can lead our attack the way Drogba did. Some world class striker like Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao, Rooney

like Torres or Shevchenko :Goober:

Story of his career, moving from club to club to club and on...

Seen someone saying he missed a lot of sitters, story of his life to, every season he could have scored at least 10 goals more the he did..

Very strange guy, but if he performs for Belgium and takes away points of Cfc rivals i'm not complaining ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Benteke is an underrated fuck. For me he is going to be one of the world top strikers in the next few years! I didn't give it much thought to buy him because all rumors were going in the direction of Arsenal and Tottenham but he is very very good and we should buy him.

Benteke is an underrated fuck. For me he is going to be one of the world top strikers in the next few years! I didn't give it much thought to buy him because all rumors were going in the direction of Arsenal and Tottenham but he is very very good and we should buy him.

we have lukaku and he and benteke are kinda similiar...wont make any sense to buy him. i think that lukaku is even more talented than Benteke.

we have lukaku and he and benteke are kinda similiar...wont make any sense to buy him. i think that lukaku is even more talented than Benteke.

Yea you are right. Lukaku is more talented but benteke will always be more talented in finishing.

• 1 month later...

N000000! Massively overrated after one decent season were he scored probably the most deflected goals anyone has in a long time

I hate it when people say that kind of crap about a striker. Look at Cavani's goals for the season past and you will see many deflected goals. The point is, he is a striker and his job is to put the ball in the net and if it deflects on the way in what the fuck does it matter. Benteke is like Cavani in the sense that he is always in the right place at the right time. He is proven in the Prem and just look at how he nearly devastated our Champions League hopes last season at Villa. Lucky he was sent off tbh.

The talk from some respected journalists in Belgium is that of surprise at how well Benteke did in his first season. Apparently very hit & miss infront of goal for Genk, constantly spurning chances. Sometimes for strikers it only takes a good run or something to click and you are scoring purely on instincts. I don't think he should move from Villa yet, and I'll be intrigued to see how he does in his second season.

We've seen the likes of Cisse fall for Newcastle after his spectacular start, and at the opposite end Giroud has done everything right except it isn't clicking for him in front of goal. Think he'll surprise a lot next season.

Thanks for posting the video! That was an interesting watch. I'm still not sure the right investment is another young and untested striker though. I think Lukaku will best develop and benefit playing alongside a more experienced and proven striker.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You