Christian Benteke

Tomo

I'd rather some of their British/Irish talent. They've got a few there, but a combination of youth+callowness+strange tactics+idiot manager = relegation.

Hard to believe their is a strong chance for Villa do go down.

They have a few players I like, in particular Barry Bannan but hes probably not Chelsea material.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
2-Meters long and couldn't win any air challenges against us? Pathetic.

More than fair to judge him on his season and not 1 game (were all Villa was absolutely sh*t).

You will notice that statistics show Benteke, with an average of 7,6 air challenges won / game is an absolute rock.

It might surprise you that no one in the EPL has better statistics!

Their last game against Swansea he won 11 out of 13 air challenges => that's solid! It surprises me that he is even doing better than Fellaini on this point!

So I guess he just had an offday against us... also he's a player with a lot of character... and is a fighter. When you see your defense having a laugher, conceding 8 goals!!, I think you are not too motivated anymore to give it your all on 'his island'!

just recall lukaku instead of buying him...

This!

I would never consider buying Benteke instead of Lukaku. Benteke is doing really well at Villa, but this has a lot to do with confidence and the amount of game time he gets. If you would give Lukaku the same amount of minutes... I'm sure he would do even better (figures show this if you compare goals, etc.)

So Benteke to Chelsea... naahh Recall Lukaku if you need a striker of this type!

• 4 months later...

I like this guy.

He is young, and has great potential.

He would not cost an arm and a leg to get him.

Plus in the past Chelsea does good when we get good players like him, with great potential but are not already top stars.

When we go for top stars is when we screw up.

Plus if Mourinho comes back, I will assume he will want some more physical guys in his team.

So get a guy that has the hunger, and can become addicted to the Chelsea and Mourinho cause like Drogba did.

if they go down maybe we can get him for 15m

15 mill is cheap.

With Lukaku, and Benteke we should be good. Well we got Ba as well, so that would be 3 great strikers.

Get rid of Torres ASAP this summer. Otherwise if Mourinho comes back, he might also lose his job because of this guy like past manager.

But top teams have at least 3 strikers. United got more, so if we get another one like Bony I would not cry. For the amount of money we spend on a Falcao or Cavani, we can get Benteke, Bony and maybe Schurrle!

I don't know. I don't really want these 'Budget buy' type of Strikers. We did that with Ba and although he's pretty good, he's not a game changer.

Plus. We already have a young up and comer in Lukaku. I don't think we need more direct competition for him. Buy Cavani/Falcao/Rooney.They are in their prime and top class.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You