Christian Benteke

Tomo

BR last throw of the dice for me this. This Liverpool has to be at it from the off this season, if not it's curtains for Brenda.

Corrected - he should only ever be referred to as Brenda the Spender from now on ;)

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrected - he should only ever be referred to as Brenda the Spender from now on ;)

LOL!!!

32mil is too much imo. 25mil max for him. As someone said earlier, we bought Costa for that and Hazard for roughly the same price..

Brendan Bodgers counting again on clueless football and his attacking players to bail him out of jail. Liverpool have a dreadful GK and a terrible back four and this is what is going to cost him his job come May. They should have invested all the Sterling money into a new GK and a few decent defenders. Tippy tappy football only works if you have a player like Suarez in your team. Now they have a team full of bang average players. The way things stand, TOP4 is only a dream for them in the next years. Chelsea, United, Arsenal, City, only going to be stronger from now on.

More like I don't think they need him.

They have balotelli, Lambert, benteke, sturridge, ings

5 strikers

To hell with Lambert, Ings and Balotelli, I would take Benteke over those any day. Sturridge is quality but his fitness is a big question to be resolved.

It's not ... neither Hazard nor Diego would go for "only" 32m if they didn't have those clauses.

I understand where you're coming from.

But we DID get them for ~32mil and Benteke did go for 32mil, regardless of what they 'would' have gone for if they didn't have release clauses. Benteke is just not worth 32mil.

I understand where you're coming from.

But we DID get them for ~32mil and Benteke did go for 32mil, regardless of what they 'would' have gone for if they didn't have release clauses. Benteke is just not worth 32mil.

I don't think 32 is that far off in today's market. Young, proven goalscorer in this league, strong, good header, good technique. It's difficult to find decent strikers.

I don't think 32 is that far off in today's market. Young, proven goalscorer in this league, strong, good header, good technique. It's difficult to find decent strikers.

Thats true! I mean we spent 8mil on a back up goal keeper...a very good one at that, but still will find it hard to get a sniff in between the sticks (apart from early league cup games and early CL group games)

Almost 90M€ between Benteke and Firminio :fainthv9: .

Above some bad deals, we are the only team in England with 5 senses to sign players, fortunately.

Some people would have been okay with the club spending that much on him as long as hes a kind of big name.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You