JDY

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is a good defender, still young...only problem is, at madrid, he didnt play well offensively (dont know why). for portugal, he offers really good support in offense. hope he will back up to this, if he comes to us.

but i dont believe in this rumour. coentrao and mou dont have the best relationship with each other.

Well signing him would be the end of Bertrand's career here, and he'd certainly be a good option against the weaker teams in the league which would give Ashley's ankles a rest. Shaw is probably the long-term option who we could possible get at the end of next season and he could then fight it out with Coentrao if Ashley does indeed retire.

Still can't avoid calling this guy Portuguese Zhirkov though.

Transfer news: Fabio Coentrao eyes Real Madrid exit this summer

Fabio Coentrao looks set to follow Jose Mourinho out of Real Madrid after revealing his unhappiness in the Spanish capital, and is already being linked with Chelsea.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8731836/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Chelsea

Would anyone say he's in the top 5 best left-backs in world football currently? If we were to do some proper scouting research (I mean us on the forum) and looked at every team in the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 etc, I think he wouldn't even get into our top 10.

When he was at Benfica he was one of those top 5 players. Now he seems to have lost his self-confidence on the pitch and doesn't impose himself on games as much.

IF Shaw is not an option however, I see this as our only realistic move for the left back position as he is indeed proven to an extent and has nice hair.

Would be a good move I think. Bertrand will likely never be good enough to be a regular at Chelsea (yes, it's possible, but teams with ambitions like Chelsea can't afford to wait for the possible especially when that possibility is remote). and Cole will be gone after this year. Coentrao is also versatile which is nice.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You