JDY

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coentrao is a top option at LB, but I don't expect Ashley to leave this month, so it isn't our first priority IMO. If Ashley stays or not remains to be seen, but I think it's more important now to get more depth in the midfield. The LB can be discussed in summer and I don't expect anything happening this month at this position.

Realistically how much do people think we could get him for? He's a very good attacking option, but is he strong enough defensively - I'm not so sure.

The Malaga left back looks a better option at this moment to be honest and would likely be cheaper with Malaga's financial plight.

Realistically how much do people think we could get him for? He's a very good attacking option, but is he strong enough defensively - I'm not so sure.

The Malaga left back looks a better option at this moment to be honest and would likely be cheaper with Malaga's financial plight.

Madrid bought him for 30m

He isn't necessarily needed due to Marcelo.

He struggled to get starts last (and this) season.

He has been in poor form for a while.

He has been absent from training and has been punished for it.

I'd say between 18 & 24 million would snatch him.

He isn't necessarily needed due to Marcelo.

He struggled to get starts last (and this) season.

He has been in poor form for a while.

He has been absent from training and has been punished for it.

I'd say between 18 & 24 million would snatch him.

Considering all that, why would we even want him?

Because given game time he is an amazing full back.

Yet he is struggling to get gametime? He is missing training sessions and what not.

No thank you. Dont think a guy like that would fit in Chelsea.

We are fine with Iva, Cahill, Luiz and Terry for now. Rather have us sign some young, cheaper, talent. Like a Cahill-buy

Don't forget that José has bee shifting Coentrao around the park a lot. He hasn't really been played in a consistent position since he joined. Leftback, Righback, Central Midfielder, Left Winger.

I imagine it's hard to remain consistent when his role has been changed so often.

Yet he is struggling to get gametime? He is missing training sessions and what not.

He missed one training session. He missed it due to injury. They still expected him to show up, even though he is injured. José didn't think too highly of this. When it's all said and done you can't make too many valid excuses for not showing up to work. He has also missed a handfull of games due to a four suspension handed out for insulting a match offical.

I have no idea why Real Madrid bought him. They never needed him when they already have Marcelo. I'd say that there on about the same level of abiltiy but José seems to prefer Marcelo to Coentrao. Any Benfica supporter will tell you that he was really important to their team when he was there, much like Cole has been for Chelsea.

Real Madrid is turning into a bit of a toxic wasteland for players and staff.

I'd only take Coentrao if Cole does end up leaving, which I think he will. Hell, he almost joined when AVB was in charge but was tempted by the "glorious" Real Madrid. And I think he mentioned something about having a hard time learning new languages like English, or some nonsense like that.

Coentrao is a very good fullback on his day, especially when attacking but I really want Bertrand to be given a shot if Cole leaves. Buying Coentrao will effectively end his career at Chelsea since he's 22 and he'd still be playing second fiddle to another LB.

Coentrao is a very good fullback on his day, especially when attacking but I really want Bertrand to be given a shot if Cole leaves. Buying Coentrao will effectively end his career at Chelsea since he's 22 and he'd still be playing second fiddle to another LB.

Agreed, Bertrand has proven he can carry the torch.

No thank you. Dont think a guy like that would fit in Chelsea.

We are fine with Iva, Cahill, Luiz and Terry for now. Rather have us sign some young, cheaper, talent. Like a Cahill-buy

He is a left back not a central defender. So I dont know why you are comparing him to Terry, Luiz etc..

Mata cant get into the Spanish squad....is he shit? No there are just better players out there.

He is a left back not a central defender. So I dont know why you are comparing him to Terry, Luiz etc..

Mata cant get into the Spanish squad....is he shit? No there are just better players out there.

Because the manager is a cunt. Mata is and was better than Silva at the time.

• 4 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You