Dexter - CONTAINS SPOILERS

manpe

This is probably nr. 1 show on television currently, so thought I'd make a thread for it since every other popular show has one.

Anyway, what do you think will happen in season 7 finale? The preview showed that Dex will be arrested by LaGuerta, but I doubt he will be held there, depends on what evidence Laguerta finds. What it will do however is open everybody up in the department to the idea that he is the Butcher. Even if they will probably dismiss it at first, I'm sure at least Quinn will become suspicious and start looking into things... He's done that before, he even hired a PI to follow Dex and if my memory doesn't fool me, then he should hold some evidence against him.

Also, do you think Debra poisoned herself to frame Hannah? The circumstances of her crash seemed rather odd. For example the car was a complete mess, but she got away with only a bruised wrist or smth like that. And you can't have water with 40% of xanax and not taste it. For Hannah's standards it was too stupid, she would have known that Dexter would find the bottle. What also bothers me is that Dex jumped too soon to a conclusion, I thought he should have been more thorough. The fact that the water was tampered with doesn't automatically incriminate Hannah, but granted, it does make her a suspect. If he really loved her, he would have been more thorough. For example he could have sweeped the bottle for fingerprints.

What's also interesting is that the next episode is titled "Surprise, Motherfucker!", which including the trailer indicates that Doakes will come to haunt Dex in one way or another. Some people think he's still alive, I very much doubt that.

DISCUSS

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Hannah didn't poison Deb. Dexter fucked up big time turning her in.

And really its only a matter of time before Laguerta finds something to use against Dexter, and looks like that will happen in the finale.

Also, does anyone think we should just have a "Tv shows thread" and post about all shows in there, instead of having separate threads for each show?

• 3 months later...

I've started watching this two weeks ago, i loved it, but i just can't get into the 3rd season. I'm only two episode in mind, but i really miss Doakes, i loved the fued with him and Dexter, it's now very hard to get into it, the first two seasons had good stories, this season doesn't seem to lead up towards anything.

I've started watching this two weeks ago, i loved it, but i just can't get into the 3rd season. I'm only two episode in mind, but i really miss Doakes, i loved the fued with him and Dexter, it's now very hard to get into it, the first two seasons had good stories, this season doesn't seem to lead up towards anything.

Just keep going. Season three was a bit dull but season four is the best imo.

I've never seen a show with so much potential make so many mistakes, get back on track and jump the shark as many times as Dexter. Such a massive disappointment. Some of the writing choices are bloody cringe worthy.

Just keep going. Season three was a bit dull but season four is the best imo.

Thanks for the heads up, just hope they get some good new characters in soon, they haven't even replaced Doakes yet, i mean come on Angel has the most irratating accent ever.

I've never seen a show with so much potential make so many mistakes, get back on track and jump the shark as many times as Dexter. Such a massive disappointment. Some of the writing choices are bloody cringe worthy.

I think i understand you, but i don't. Explain?

And please only talk about the first two seasons as i haven't seen any others.

Thanks for the heads up, just hope they get some good new characters in soon, they haven't even replaced Doakes yet, i mean come on Angel has the most irratating accent ever.

I think i understand you, but i don't. Explain?

And please only talk about the first two seasons as i haven't seen any others.

You'll understand after the third, fifth and sixth seasons. The first two and the fourth were solid and very well written, everything was consistent and characters were unique. They are just so bad.

Very slight spoilers.

They ruin Dexter through character development. Completely neuter his character and jumble up his motives. Dexter from season one is completely different from season whatever.

I wish the show ended within three seasons, it's just being milked. Jumped the shark.

You'll understand after the third, fifth and sixth seasons. The first two and the fourth were solid and very well written, everything was consistent and characters were unique. They are just so bad.

Very slight spoilers.

They ruin Dexter through character development. Completely neuter his character and jumble up his motives. Dexter from season one is completely different from season whatever.

I wish the show ended within three seasons, it's just being milked. Jumped the shark.

I heard Dexter ends up having feelings in the later seasons, where in season one he has no feelings at all.

Just a question, and i don't mind if these are spoilers, does Dexter get more extreme or more soft on his victims? he seems to torture all his victims with pleasure and cut them up, but I've heard it gets more brutal and more extreme as it goes on. However i don't understand this as if he's getting feelings then i couldn't imagine him satisfying his murderous needs as much.

I heard Dexter ends up having feelings in the later seasons, where in season one he has no feelings at all.

Just a question, and i don't mind if these are spoilers, does Dexter get more extreme or more soft on his victims? he seems to torture all his victims with pleasure and cut them up, but I've heard it gets more brutal and more extreme as it goes on. However i don't understand this as if he's getting feelings then i couldn't imagine him satisfying his murderous needs as much.

This is exactly the problem. You can't have it both ways. If you're telling us he's a psychopath,he can't also love his sister, and son, and wife. You can't try to make him sympathetic and then pretend like he has no feelings. He's not actually a psycho serial-killer, he's an avenging angel. Also, I really respect British shows' general ability to end before they're all used up. Dexter would have made a great 4 season show, but it's now dragging along with increasingly ridiculous plots. (and how many serial killers does Miami have? A city like Miami would maybe have 1-2 maximum but probably none yet every season, there's another serial killer Dexter has to kill or train.)

This is exactly the problem. You can't have it both ways. If you're telling us he's a psychopath,he can't also love his sister, and son, and wife. You can't try to make him sympathetic and then pretend like he has no feelings. He's not actually a psycho serial-killer, he's an avenging angel. Also, I really respect British shows' general ability to end before they're all used up. Dexter would have made a great 4 season show, but it's now dragging along with increasingly ridiculous plots. (and how many serial killers does Miami have? A city like Miami would maybe have 1-2 maximum but probably none yet every season, there's another serial killer Dexter has to kill or train.)

This is always the case with shows like this, such as CSI and even the british shows which you wont know of such as A touch of frost and such.

There is a show over here called Midsomer Murders, and it's currently made 15 seasons and they are all to do with murders in the fucking same village lmao. I think that's just the case with these type of shows, i think we all have to just think outside the box. I must admit though i wasn't happy when i heard Dexter was getting these feelings, they sometimes play on it in stupid ways also. When Deb finds he's having a baby Dexter is all emotionless towards her and doesn't understand her emotions, then the next day he will be having a drink with her and laughing and telling jokes.

Sometimes it just doesn't really make any sense.

Dexter is different from early seasons, definitely, but it's all part of the plan. It was obvious from early on that he's able to feel emotions, he just didn't know it yet. He is now realizing that he is killing by choice, not because he needs to. Hannah made him realize he can stop it, which is something he has wanted to do all his life (or has he?). Season 7 contained much less kill rooms than any other season, Dex needed to contain himself more, and now he's slowly coming to the conclusion that he can do it. Most of his kills were out of different motives too, they were to protect either him, Deb or Hannah, instead of doing it for the lolz.

Season 6 was a massive flop though, at times it was cringeworthy. Like when Dex went to his class reunion and everybody felt sympathetic towards him because of

Rita's death
, then he comes to the conclusion that he's now popular and starts dancing. Later I believe he gets a blowjob. It was in the first episode and that was the moment I thought this season was going to shit and I wasn't wrong.

I did like season 7 though. The whole subplot with the Koshka brotherhood was well done imo. And the finale was great, there are exactly a million ways the show can end now.

• 1 month later...