NBA 2K series

manpe

Does anybody play the 2K series? I know there are quite a few basketball fans here, so worth a shot. I'm currently playing NBA 2K11.

Obviously when we're talking about 2K11 we're talking about Michael Jordan. The whole game is based around him. I'm currently in my second season in MJ: Creating A Legend. I started at Bulls of course, but we finished last in the conference and was fed up with my teammates' incompetence (or maybe it was all my fault, they're doing better now without me :Goober:).

Anyway, I transferred to Hawks in the off-season, because in the previous season they lost the finals, so I figured I'd have a good chance going for the championship with them. We lost first 4 games, so I came to the conclusion that I'm the root of all evil, even though I was the best player in every single game. I found out that you can set the CPU to call plays automatically lol, I didn't do it manually, I just ballhogged. Now that I'm more of a team player with more constructive offensive build ups, we went on a 9 game win streak. Last game we lost against fucking Knicks. I made the last shot with 3.5 seconds to go and we led by 2 points, only for Carmelo Anthony to score the winner from inside the center circle. FUCKER!

Also when I played the Jordan Challenge against the Celtics in the game where MJ broke the scoring record, I managed to score only 62 out of 63(!!) so I failed the challenge. PISS!

One more thing - is this game rigged? Often the opposing team goes on monster scoring runs in 4th quarter, while my team can't hit anything. And of course there are periods where my teammates can't defend worth shit, they concede open shots or let them shoot uncontested. It pisses me off so much.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played NBA 2k11, 2k12, and now I'm playing 2k13. What a great sports game series this is, the gameplay and especially the presentation are fantastic.

I tried playing 2K13 too a bit, but it was too laggy even on the lowest settings. NBA 2K11 is probably the highest I can go until I get a better machine. Did you play creating a legend in 2k11? How did it go? And what are you playing on 2k13 now?

I used to play NBA Live series back in the days (up until live 2005 or 2006 I think). I took part in online tournaments, it was fun. Can you play online on a cracked 2K game?

I tried playing 2K13 too a bit, but it was too laggy even on the lowest settings. NBA 2K11 is probably the highest I can go until I get a better machine. Did you play creating a legend in 2k11? How did it go? And what are you playing on 2k13 now?

I play only association or season mode with my favourite NBA team, the Detroit Pistons. It's pretty crappy team but won't change it! :)

I'm playing the my player mode on 2K13 now. The controls are a bit fucked up compared to 2K12 but whatcha gonna do. Was drafted by Golden State, and managed to get into their starting-5 the other day. My 3-ball has been falling like crazy so far, it's in the high 60% right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Love this game. Currently drafted with Oklahoma (shit draft game), almost starting now just on the edges of the first team. Been playing since 2k11 as well - the basketball video game genre is such a monopoly, the 2K series have no competition what so ever.

got drafted by the phoenix suns and in the starting rotation.

My player is a lot like LBJ, in that i do everything, and if i played 12min iwould have triple doubles every game for sure. I havent beefed up the attributes that much (just started). im 6'6 and a SG then SF if need be. our team is too nice with dragic and me in the back court and Gortat, Scola and Michael Beasley in frontcourt. my popularity and team chenistry are doing well at 59 and 63 percent respectively.

• 5 months later...

I love nba 2k but I am playing on PC and without a patch this game is just ridiculous. It is too easy for CPU to get offensive rebound

Just started playing NBA 2K13 association mode and you're right, the amount of off. rebounds AI gets is ridiculous. How can this be patched? I mean I have Howard under my basket, and a little too often some shrimp pushes him aside for the board.

I managed to get my 2K13 run lagless with decent enough graphics and it's stunning how good the game is imo. The graphics, animations etc. The fact that they have the monopoly of bball games and still produce is great tribute to their work.

Anyway, I'm playing with Lakers (my favourite team since Shaq and Kobe). My starting line-up currently is this:

C - Howard

PF - Scola

SF - Parsons

SG - Bryant

PG - Nash

Plus I signed Delonte West from free agency to provide proper backup for Nash and possibly be the starting PG after Nash's retirement and off-loaded Gasol. I also have Corey Brewer and Evan Fournier providing valuable depth. My main goal was to get the team's average age and wage down. Now I feel this team has a great balance - it's deadly from beyond the arc and mid-range, and it's very tough in the paint and under the basket also.

Love the My player mode. One of the few games i prefer playing as just one player. Hate it on Fifa and NFL. But Point guard on NBA is pretty sick. Only got Nba 2k12 but might get 14. Though will probably just wait for the next gen one.

• 2 weeks later...
@Hutcho i love the my player. I dont have time for assosiation or any other mode besides my player. I got drafted by the suns and am a SG and damnnnn shits lookin so good. i didnt win the title in my first year, tried to be realistic, and this year im going all out. Lead the rookies in scoring and assists. My player's play syle is most comparable to a mix Curry and Joe Johnson. In it that i am responsible for soo many points on my team by either scoring or assiting. But shoot a great FG% from mid rang like Joe Johnson. hahaha

@Hutcho, That song they played for the trailer was just amazing!! i searched that shit on google after i wrote down the words hahaha.

Anywho,, i love the my player. I dont have time for assosiation or any other mode besides my player. I got drafted by the suns and am a SG and damnnnn shits lookin so good. i didnt win the title in my first year, tried to be realistic, and this year im going all out. Lead the rookies in scoring and assists. My player's play syle is most comparable to a mix Curry and Joe Johnson. In it that i am responsible for soo many points on my team by either scoring or assiting. But shoot a great FG% from mid rang like Joe Johnson. hahaha

Yeah songs pretty good.

I still play every now and then on nba 2k12. Will have to get the next gen one though.

I went to the lakers, and made them much worse than real life lol.

Only because I am a bit of a ball hog when we are down points, (I'm gonna blame kobe though :D) and it took me half of my first season to work out what a pick and roll was lol.

Second season we are a bit better. Statistically we are one of the best in the league, but we are about 40-40 atm. But only key gaming it.

Yeah songs pretty good.

I still play every now and then on nba 2k12. Will have to get the next gen one though.

I went to the lakers, and made them much worse than real life lol.

Only because I am a bit of a ball hog when we are down points, (I'm gonna blame kobe though :D) and it took me half of my first season to work out what a pick and roll was lol.

Second season we are a bit better. Statistically we are one of the best in the league, but we are about 40-40 atm. But only key gaming it.

Went to the lakers? Damnn either you got traded or................somebody had a bad rookie showcase :D

Me too (im a ball hog), when we're down points i demand the ball and call for a pick and roll every single time down the court. Also on defense, when we're down im soo eager to get the ball back i help defensively no matter where the ball is and my man is always left for the open shot (but if i dont go and help defensively im certain they'll score anyway so its like a double edged sword)! So in the end up hurting the team 2x as bad. lmaooo

Also those press confernce (how sick is that by the way) but a first i try and pull a JM being all cocky and sit, but as my play picks up i start to answer more professionally and become that "leader". But i can't help myself so i still throw in a few arrogant answers here and there.

Its funny though because once i choose arrogant, its like my heart skips a beat as i wait to here how OTT his response will be.