Fernando Torres

Wouldnt complain but the rumours of 70m are just crazy considering they got him for 20m odd..ok there was a player involved as well but doubt that player was worth 50m

I allready said I wouldn't complain if he comes in. I didnt said anything about the prize they're asking. Obvious I would preffer to not help Liverpool out of their financial problems.

Wouldnt complain but the rumours of 70m are just crazy considering they got him for 20m odd..ok there was a player involved as well but doubt that player was worth 50m

Can't really use that logic though. United brought Ronaldo for £12 million. His price increased with his reputation, just like Torres. In today's game you have to spend big to get big players.

Can't really use that logic though. United brought Ronaldo for £12 million. His price increased with his reputation, just like Torres. In today's game you have to spend big to get big players.

Yes but man utd bought ronaldo (a quick 18 year old winger with tricks) for 12 million and added so many components to his game that "one trick ronaldo" became one of the best wide players of this generation in the world, he was also only 23 when real madrid signed him. Torres is a injury proned world class player that might only play 20 games a season in all comps.

Yes but man utd bought ronaldo (a quick 18 year old winger with tricks) for 12 million and added so many components to his game that "one trick ronaldo" became one of the best wide players of this generation in the world, he was also only 23 when real madrid signed him. Torres is a injury proned world class player that might only play 20 games a season in all comps.

So is Essien lately, but if you could choose whether to sign him again or not you would, wouldn't you?

True but 70m? Guess if we aint got a budget it isnt so bad but if it goes wrong and it flops..another pricey mistake.35 odd not so bad but 70 seems a bit crazy

So is Essien lately, but if you could choose whether to sign him again or not you would, wouldn't you?

Essien is out with long term injuries to the knee, thats 1 injury. Torres injures his ankle then he pulls a hamstring then he breaks a nail then his make up comes off. He is way to fragile, he has even said he is afraid to be kicked out of this league.

Essien is out with long term injuries to the knee, thats 1 injury. Torres injures his ankle then he pulls a hamstring then he breaks a nail then his make up comes off. He is way to fragile, he has even said he is afraid to be kicked out of this league.

It doesnt matter if its only one injury...I cant see Essien playing a full season without being injured.

Yes he has one injury, but it gets him out for few months every season...

The thing about that is Torres played 22 Premier League matches last season and scored 18 goals. He is a world class player and one of the best strikers in European football. Actually I think he is the best.

Agree with what you say about Ronaldo. £12 million raised a lot of eyebrows as well, much like Lampard when we signed him for £11 million.

The thing about that is Torres played 22 Premier League matches last season and scored 18 goals. He is a world class player and one of the best strikers in European football. Actually I think he is the best.

Agree with what you say about Ronaldo. £12 million raised a lot of eyebrows as well, much like Lampard when we signed him for £11 million.

Back in the day £11 million was huge amount of money rolleyes.gif

Edited by Manuf

Don't know if you've noticed, so is £12 million.

I'm talking about days in 2000, 2001 and 2002 when £11 million was worth so much more in footbal world than nowadays. Look for example at Aguero, he is 22 and they want 50 milion for him, which is insane.

Give him a haircut first, second step is negotiate. I won't complain if he joins us neither, but I rather see Agüero joining us.

Look at the pictures of him training for Spain....HES HAD THE HAIR CUT....Its all short and brown, sort of Ronaldo-esque cut.

NOW THE NEGOTIATING,

I just don't see Torres signing for us.. or for any other English club. If he leaves Liverpool, I think it'll be for somewhere outside England, Spain most likely. It'd be a dream come true to see the 2 best strikers today on the same team, but it looks too unlikely.

.........Cech.......

........A.Cole.....J.Terry.......J.Bruma......B.Ivanovic.......

................M.Essien............

..........F.Malouda....... ...........G.Kakuta.......

............F.Lampard...........

............F.Torres........D.Drogba.........

Edited by Jose M