Fernando Torres

Why is that funny? You don't know what he does in training. Unless you can otherwise prove he's a lazy ass or works less than everyone else, please refrain from using stupid jargon.

But surely you can't know what he does in training either so the reasons you love him are completely based on what you want and not what is.

Not arguing for or against Torres's work ethic, just against the poor logic you're using to prove it.

But surely you can't know what he does in training either so the reasons you love him are completely based on what you want and not what is.

Not arguing for or against Torres's work ethic, just against the poor logic you're using to prove it.

but when you hear his team-mates and manager speak about how hard he works, i think it gives you a better idea of how he is in training! Also you could see his hardwork paying off last season, when his pace and acceleration dramatically improved.

So what exactly are the managers and players supposed to say? " oh he is a piece of shit who does nothing but keep cribbing abou his pool days!!!!"

Also its not as if the media ever get off his back. So the question of what torrea does in training will arise when he is not scoring on the pitch!!!! And the players and managers will back their own player who they know is anyways lacking confidence.

!! Torres was abysmal last seaso. I think he dint have a league goal fron december to the final day od the season!!! His only saving grace was europa. Well, probably good enough for that competitions and those teams.

The only reason for his improvement looks like JOSE!!!

but when you hear his team-mates and manager speak about how hard he works, i think it gives you a better idea of how he is in training! Also you could see his hardwork paying off last season, when his pace and acceleration dramatically improved.

Torres was going through a very rough period, he was playing very badly. It was only normal for his manager and teammates praise his "effort" and "training" in those situations to defend him from the (probably rightful) criticism.

He's a professional footballer, on a whole lot of money. It is not something out of the ordinary (or worth praise, imo) for him to work in training and try to improve his weaknesses. That is the least you should expect of him or any other player in our team.

Torres was going through a very rough period, he was playing very badly. It was only normal for his manager and teammates praise his "effort" and "training" in those situations to defend him from the (probably rightful) criticism.

He's a professional footballer, on a whole lot of money. It is not something out of the ordinary (or worth praise, imo) for him to work in training and try to improve his weaknesses. That is the least you should expect of him or any other player in our team.

Not really, its clear his team-mates appreciate how hard he works for the team. If his team-mates had the same opinion as people on here of Torres then they wouldn't be so happy for him when he scores or plays well, the fact that they always support him shows they acknowledge the amount of effort and hard-work he puts in.

After all his team-mates are the ones who see how he works day in day out, and you can see the amount of hard work and effort Mourinho demands from his players, if Torres wasn't putting effort in then he would never be anywhere near the first team!

Yeah because his team-mates are going to come out and say "He's crap" or "He's shit" even if they did think the opposite, get some perspective.

This is where it goes back to the cost of him, he will never be frozen out because of the overheads, and not only that but the striker area is now our weakest position in the team, and the fact that some people pine for him back tells you exactly the state we are in up front. For me he is another body/option that's it.

Not really, its clear his team-mates appreciate how hard he works for the team. If his team-mates had the same opinion as people on here of Torres then they wouldn't be so happy for him when he scores or plays well, the fact that they always support him shows they acknowledge the amount of effort and hard-work he puts in.

After all his team-mates are the ones who see how he works day in day out, and you can see the amount of hard work and effort Mourinho demands from his players, if Torres wasn't putting effort in then he would never be anywhere near the first team!

No that's just what you want to believe. His teammates being happy for him does not in any way imply that he works hard. There is a huge logical gap between the two. It could be the case, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the case. Here's another explanation: His teammates defend him and are happy to see him score because he bakes them cookies everyday :D And just like your theory, I can't prove that. Again, I'm not saying that your claim is wrong, just that your logic to prove it is extremely flawed.

This season, I think Torres brings a physicality to the team that you really need in some games. I think his movement has been good, his work-rate decent; but his pressing and defending is a bit behind Eto'o. Overall, I honestly think he just shades it as our best striker this season, not that that means much. I can understand praising Rami or Willian or even Oscar for their work-rate and effort, but to say that you love Torres for his effort, to me, is like saying you fell in love with a girl because she has a nose.

No that's just what you want to believe. His teammates being happy for him does not in any way imply that he works hard. There is a huge logical gap between the two. It could be the case, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the case. Here's another explanation: His teammates defend him and are happy to see him score because he bakes them cookies everyday :D And just like your theory, I can't prove that. Again, I'm not saying that your claim is wrong, just that your logic to prove it is extremely flawed.

This season, I think Torres brings a physicality to the team that you really need in some games. I think his movement has been good, his work-rate decent; but his pressing and defending is a bit behind Eto'o. Overall, I honestly think he just shades it as our best striker this season, not that that means much. I can understand praising Rami or Willian or even Oscar for their work-rate and effort, but to say that you love Torres for his effort, to me, is like saying you fell in love with a girl because she has a nose.

My logic is the fact that i can see how much effort he puts in whenever he plays! and the fact that Jose is so ruthless and throughout his whole career has got rid or not played players who dont work hard! (except Ronaldo for obvious reasons) That is my logic!

and where did i say i love Torres for his effort??? I just disagree with people who think he puts no effort in when i see him with my own eyes and his team-mates see this! I can understand people criticizing him for his football ability but to say he puts no effort in as well is way off the mark!

My logic is the fact that i can see how much effort he puts in whenever he plays! and the fact that Jose is so ruthless and throughout his whole career has got rid or not played players who dont work hard! (except Ronaldo for obvious reasons) That is my logic!

and where did i say i love Torres for his effort??? I just disagree with people who think he puts no effort in when i see him with my own eyes and his team-mates see this! I can understand people criticizing him for his football ability but to say he puts no effort in as well is way off the mark!

That's not a fact, that's an opinion. I think the amount of effort he puts in is normal, not great and not bad, this season at least. But I also think that he has had games where the effort he put in was just appalling. Doesn't really mean much that Jose is playing him when his other options are a half-retired Eto'o and Demba Ba. If we had, let's say Mandzukic, and Jose kept playing Torres, then you would have a good point.

I never said that he puts no effort, I just said that to love him for his effort makes no sense. It wasn't you that said that, but the guy that I originally replied to, but you quoted by reply and wanted to discuss it so I explained what my point originally was to the guy who said that he loves Torres for his effort and work.

Of course you start calling me names too, since we don't share the same opinion. Because that's what mature and intelligent people do, after all, isn't it?

You said that WE provide and offer for Torres and his family. Of course you didn't mean it litterally, but still you're acting like you're doing some serious shit for Chelsea Football Club, which you're clearly not. Being a fan is important and blah blah blah, but when it comes to facts, WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO in order to have the right to talk like that about a player?! You just watch from home, in front of your TV or laptop, how these people pay/manage/play for them, for this club and, after all, for your entertainment. The least thing you can do is show some fucking respect instead of swearing and cursing at them.

I dont need to do shit to have an opinion and the right to speak that opinion.

Just because Torres is a Chelsea player that doesnt make him LESS bad. He's still shit and he's still overpaid and he's still a huge disappointment.

You're talking as if Torres himself was hanging around these forums, or as if we were discussing this in a room and he was sitting there aswell.

Get off your high fucking horse and stop telling people they cant have an opinion (even if its against your one) if they dont directly OFFER or PROVIDE something for Chelsea Football Club,

He has some games where he does decide to show up and turn into a work horse.

But he has his lazy games, and when he does he makes Berbatov look like an all action energetic, high presser. The prime example is check out his games between West Brom away under RDM upto West Ham away under Rafa, he lack of workrate in those games put the Malouda of 10/11 in the shade.

I dont need to do shit to have an opinion and the right to speak that opinion.

Just because Torres is a Chelsea player that doesnt make him LESS bad. He's still shit and he's still overpaid and he's still a huge disappointment.

You're talking as if Torres himself was hanging around these forums, or as if we were discussing this in a room and he was sitting there aswell.

Get off your high fucking horse and stop telling people they cant have an opinion (even if its against your one) if they dont directly OFFER or PROVIDE something for Chelsea Football Club,

The simple fact that you're putting an equal sign between 'having an opinion' (which I never said that you can't) and 'swearing like a retard on a public forum' tells everything about you. Keep going.

The simple fact that you're putting an equal sign between 'having an opinion' (which I never said that you can't) and 'swearing like a retard on a public forum' tells everything about you. Keep going.

Hmm, let me explain this to you.

Person A: "Messi is a bad footballer".

Person B: "If you honestly mean that then I think you're an idiot".

So, because person B has an opinion that includes a form of curse/inslut, that automatically makes person B a retard? For saying that a comment that is obviousley retarded, retarded?

lol i cant wait for this pest to be gone

If you don't like it then don't come into it. Simple as.

Frankly, I'm insulted that this useless piece of shit is getting 180k a week for being a sorry excuse for a striker.

So these are opinions, from your point of view. There's nothing more that I can say.