Fernando Torres

Far too many times he has looked good then faded for a handful of games.

Torres's work rate vs Eto'o's quick movement and finishing vs Demba Ba's off the ball movement.

About time we have variety to choose from.

Can anyone verify if this is true?

100 matches:

Didier Drogba: 41 goals

Fernando Torres: 39 goals

Except it's not 100 matches for Torres, but 100 starts. It's 38 goals in 141 matches including 100 starts and 41 sub appearances. While DD had 41 goals in his 100 appearances between starts and sub appearances.

On any account, what Didier offered for Chelsea beside goals, as a target man, as the center of attack and often center of the whole team, as a leader and big game player, can never be compared to what Torres does.

Except it's not 100 matches for Torres, but 100 starts. It's 38 goals in 141 matches including 100 starts and 41 sub appearances. While DD had 41 goals in his 100 appearances between starts and sub appearances.

On any account, what Didier offered for Chelsea beside goals, as a target man, as the center of attack and often center of the whole team, as a leader and big game player, can never be compared to what Torres does.

Also goals are goals but Drogba scored goals against the highest caliber of oppositions and many of Torres goals came against Europa League opponents and as you say Drogba just offered many other things than goals. The amount of goals he got us that got us trophies and decided big games were priceless.

The problem with Torres is he scores and plays well in spades, that's good for a squad player (as he has been this season) but as numero uno up front we can't afford to have a player who blows hot and cold, as we found out last season.

Im happy he is on good form because it helps Chelsea football club but is Schalke and Tottenham games going to convince me he has finally made a spectacular turn around after the two and a half years he has served us? sorry buy it takes more to sway me and if he didn't cost £50m there would be a lot more people with the same view.

Kalou hit top form under Ancelotti at the end of the double season too and helped us win the league, didn't change the fact he was an erratic squad player at best.

I hope he can atleast keep up the good form he has done in recent weeks, but it going to take a lot more than that to sway my opinion.

Also goals are goals but Drogba scored goals against the highest caliber of oppositions and many of Torres goals came against Europa League opponents and as you say Drogba just offered many other things than goals. The amount of goals he got us that got us trophies and decided big games were priceless.

I partially disagree.

I say it's blasphemy ever comparing Torres to DDA, but Torres has scored against highest caliber of oppositions too. He may have not scored enough times, but he's scored especially in Europe.

I partially disagree.

I say it's blasphemy ever comparing Torres to DDA, but Torres has scored against highest caliber of oppositions too. He may have not scored enough times, but he's scored especially in Europe.

Barcelona, yes when he came on, his goal was priceless but apart from that has he proved to be the match winner in big games. He got consolation goals against the likes of United in the 3-1 loss and scored against Arsenal when we beat them at the Emirates last season but apart from that he as not scored against big teams or made a huge impact. In Europe, with all respect he scored against teams such as Genk. Drogba scored against so many big teams and was the decisive factor in many big games in domestic and European competitions. That being said it is good that he is looking on form right now but I have seen it far too often. Hopefully he can carry on his form and add a few more goals to his game and be the decisive factor like the game on Tuesday night where he was excellent.

Really happy that the first goal was a real centre forwards goal which is what everyone's expecting him to get.

Also the header that hit the crossbar showed he still is one of the most lethal strikers in the world. Time to bring back the trust on the lad.