Fernando Torres

Haha, very likely, sadly. Still our best option up front. His workrate > Eto'o's > > > > > > > > > > > Ba's.

Ba is very lazy, he is like Chicharito but much worse. Imo Eto'o is alright, but he isn't hungry for glory anymore and couldn't really careless about us that is why he is not showing determination and passion, he is just doing his job. So we are left with Torres who is now very limited in term of technicality but he shows hunger and have a point to prove, also he needs to perform to get into Spain team for WC. So I agree with you, at least that is how it is for now.

Been burnt way too many times to say he's back, but the fact that he's doing this under Jose makes me think that maybe this is different to the other times. Naive perhaps but he slogged his bollocks off against Spurs and last night he did the same, but this time he added goals to the performance and they were nice too. Not flashy, but poacher's goals that came from being in the right place at the right time and his run for Hazard's goal was more of the same.

Do the simple things, put in a shift and score goals - that's all we've wanted from him.

It's far too late for that. He will never come close to justifying a 50m transfer fee and 10m a season salary. The only thing he can do now is be less of an abject failure than he has been for most of his time at the club.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing. He'll never fully justify it, that's nearly impossible, what I am saying is that he'll atleast repay/justify some of it back if he has a good season. But he needs to grab a lot of (important) goals like the two against Schalke or the one against Bayern for that to happen.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing. He'll never fully justify it, that's nearly impossible, what I am saying is that he'll atleast repay/justify some of it back if he has a good season. But he needs to grab a lot of (important) goals like the two against Schalke or the one against Bayern for that to happen.

Agreed. He needs to start scoring in the league too; just one in his last 25 league games.