Fernando Torres

But medical scans found that Torres had suffered slightly strained ligaments rather than a tear.

Chelsea are targeting the October 20 home game with Cardiff for his return but are confident Torres will be fit to face Manchester City eight days later.

It's October the 19th the Cardiff game

TORRES INJURY UPDATE

Posted on: Wed 02 Oct 2013

Chelsea Football Club can confirm Fernando Torres suffered a medial collateral ligament injury to his left knee in the Champions League group game at Steaua Bucharest on Tuesday evening.

The 29-year-old will be out for approximately three weeks.

from cfc site

Was just thinking about something yesterday after the match: This is the first time that Torres has been injured since he joined us more than two and a half years ago! At least as far as I remember. That is just incredible.

Not sure if that says something about his physical strength or passion and commitment on the pitch..

Was just thinking about something yesterday after the match: This is the first time that Torres has been injured since he joined us more than two and a half years ago! At least as far as I remember. That is just incredible.

Not sure if that says something about his physical strength or passion and commitment on the pitch..

great shout

he keeps himself fit out of spite.

yeah noticed that too. Perhaps it's no coincidence that now that he is able, physically, to actually play close to his potential/limit he's picked up an injury.

I honestly hope that it isn't so, but I do remember his time @pool and the way they overplayed him.

I have a Torres mini kit in the back of my car. Normally I have the normal side of the kit (like this) showing towards the rear window, but I've turned it around to show the TORRES 9 part of the shirt. Since I've done that, he's been sent off and suffered knee ligament damage. It's like some kind of voodoo doll!

I have a Torres mini kit in the back of my car. Normally I have the normal side of the kit (like this) showing towards the rear window, but I've turned it around to show the TORRES 9 part of the shirt. Since I've done that, he's been sent off and suffered knee ligament damage. It's like some kind of voodoo doll!

:lol2:

Aww :(

Perhaps take it down, or maybe give it a wee hug and he will get Better :)

Of course, he has ran away from contact for two years...