Fernando Torres

Found it amusing that some people have allowed Torres's goals in past few months to cloud their judgment over his actual situation. It's ridiculous how quick people have forgotten that for most parts of last season, we were like playing with 10 men in most matches with a statue-esque or non-existent ST upfront and he even went like 4 1/2 months without a goal in the league FGS! But 22 goals and 5 in the Confederations Cup later, people are suddenly wanking over him and thinking we should be keeping him when at some point last season, the same people were probably thinking of selling him off!

I don't think too many people, besides the obvious fanboys, will quickly forget what happened before that...What it shows is that a scenario with him remaining with us this season may not be as bad as it sounds...

And like I said earlier, irrespective of his club form, his record with the national team, even by recent standards, remains good. It has little to do with how his form for Chelsea is, and vice versa.

He seems to be enjoying himself lately, which is alright I suppose but atm still want him gone. Btw in case anyone haven't seen the Spain matches, he scored a few goals but he also missed a penalty and missed 2-3 sitters 1 on 1. He might become as prolific as someone like Soldado/Gomez if he can keep his confidence up and impresses Jose in pre-season. The bigggest problem is his wages, £175k per week is the wages that should be paid to some of the best player in the world which atm he is probably not even in the top 50. Make me wonder sometime when Cavani is probably getting £50k, Lewandowski £20k and they are banging them in for fun while some one who is horrible is earning double/triple their amount. It makes me wonder...

And isn't it funny that when about 75% of Chelsea fans have given up on him, he start to find some form. When we cheered him, try to love him he didn't even give a fuck and just wander around the field aimlessly. Now everyone want him sold, he comes out and said he want to stay and fight for his place. Unbelievably contrasting with the Torres after CL Final when he acted like an arrogant dick. Maybe, just maybe, very small maybe that he could turn out alright for us soon. It is up to him now, hope is lost, he need to rises and that will only happen from himself.

Yes lets not joke, we have Clitorres that managed what? 8 goals in 36 games. Mostly non decisive ones? He sucks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

and what take lukaku as no 1 don't forget he played in west brom where there is certainly easier to make your name

Torres is continuing his form under Rafa! its so clear to see, compare the Torres from under RDM or AVB to the Torres under Rafa its no comparison the Torres under Rafa/current Torres is miles better, he doesn't try to do too much with the ball outside the box now, whenever he receives the ball instead of trying to dribble past 3 or 4 defenders and losing the ball, he lays it off to a team-mate straight away then makes a run, his finishing has improved, as has his strength and pace. If Jose shows confidence in him and wants to further improve Torres (which i think he will) then i can see Torres again improving next season and scoring 20+ goals again but this time more PL goals and with a better goals to game ratio.

and what take lukaku as no 1 don't forget he played in west brom where there is certainly easier to make your name

wtf??? its easier to make a name how??? how many 10th placed team strikers have scored 17 league goals playing half the season from the bench. and how is it easier to score goals for wba than for chelsea. they have morrison, brunt in their mid compared to mazacar, ramires , lamps in ours. should i refresh your memory as to how many goals chelsea scored in the last season compared to wba.

Oh dear. Here we go with the false hope again. Goal against Nigeria was nice but I couldn't care less that he scored 4 goals against Tahiti. Abel Hernandez also scored 4 goals against Tahiti. Do I see anyone saying we should buy him? It's amazing that another bout of short form that we regularly see from Torres that will inevitably end up in him going back to his usual self makes people pull wool over their eyes. If he was actually good enough to start for Spain, he wouldn't have actually started against Tahiti and would probably have less goals.

its not 'short form' though is it, He has clearly changed his game and improved! this isn't based on what he has done in the Confederations cup but how he has been playing for the last 2 or 3 months of the season!!! Rafa gave him his own training program he got Torres in the gym and it has really benefited him, he has told Torres to stop trying to do too much with the ball in wrong areas of the pitch and he has taken that on board, Mourinho will improve him further imo,

There is a lot of middle ground between those two ways of thinking about him. Whatever people might have thought about him, over the last couple of months he has picked up his performances and seems to be in some kind of form. That's not to say 'he's back' but whether we decide to sell him or not people have to acknowledge that something looks a bit better about him.

He lost his most important weapon - his pace. The same thing happened to Alan Shearer, but he adjusted his game and was still a threat. Maybe Torres is starting to re-mould himself into a different type of striker?

That is precisely why I said what I said. He scored a few goals here and there in past few months and suddenly, people are habouring hopes or starting to think that keeping Torres would be a decent idea. I don't see what Torres is doing differently to remould himself into a different kind of striker. What is obvious that he goes AWOL for most parts of games and then just suddenly pop up with goals out of nowhere. I don't see any change whatsoever in his performances.

I don't think too many people, besides the obvious fanboys, will quickly forget what happened before that...What it shows is that a scenario with him remaining with us this season may not be as bad as it sounds...

Judging from the impression I have been getting, seems most (not all) have suddenly have had their heads turned because of Torres's goals. It is not a total disaster keeping him but it's a pretty bad bad idea doing so especially for a ST who doesn't do much in games when we most need him to and is on ridiculous wages right now. We would be better of getting a better ST than Torres and can perform better than him while at the same, earn less than him!

And like I said earlier, irrespective of his club form, his record with the national team, even by recent standards, remains good. It has little to do with how his form for Chelsea is, and vice versa.

I don't see how scoring 4 goals against Tahiti and 1 against Nigeria suddenly suggests his form with Spain remains good. He only got back into the Spain NT for the Confederations Cup because of his late flurry of goals towards the end of last season and even then, all but 1 came in the Europa League. Prior to that, he was hardly getting picked by Del Bosque at all.

its not 'short form' though is it, He has clearly changed his game and improved! this isn't based on what he has done in the Confederations cup but how he has been playing for the last 2 or 3 months of the season!!! Rafa gave him his own training program he got Torres in the gym and it has really benefited him, he has told Torres to stop trying to do too much with the ball in wrong areas of the pitch and he has taken that on board, Mourinho will improve him further imo,

Benitez told Torres to stop trying to do too much with the ball? Has Torres even do anything meaningful with the ball during the season?! Can hardly see what Torres is doing majorly different under Benitez and before Benitez came in. How has Torres changed his game and improved himself? Tell me. Most of his goals scored and supposedly good performances that came towards the end of last season happened in the Europa League, against 3rd/4th tier level opposition - Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest, Rubin Kazan and Basel. Yet, when he came up against better teams in the Premier League, he went completely AWOL. Only 1 goal scored between last December and May this year tell its own story. He played against the likes of QPR, Reading, Wigan, Newcastle, Southampton, Fulham, Liverpool and Tottenham and hardly even contributed anything meaningful in those said games at all.

And you know what's funny about this whole situation, Torres goes AWOL for most of the season, causing us to basically play with 10 men in games but scored few goals here and there and it suddenly got people thinking of keeping him when most of his games and performances have suggested he's beyond repair. YET, in the case of Luiz, no doubt he makes defensive mistakes but it has been almost completely exaggerated like as if he makes 2-3 mistakes in every game when that's not the case. Luiz is still young and his mistakes can still be ironed out but people are already calling for him to be sold. Some people can still be patient and have hope for Torres even after 2 1/2 years of rubbishness from him and yet these people can't even be patient with Luiz!

Seriously, what is it guys? What makes you believe he'll 'change'? Because some of you are sounding like the other half of an abusive partner...

Is it his hair? His face? Because it's certainly not footballing reasons or his effort, they've been highlighted over and over again.

Perhaps people are just in love with the big name of 'Torres'? Because that's all I can see; a striker who made a big name for himself but is no longer a big striker. And now people just seem to be clinging to the name in hope rather than expectation....