Fernando Torres

FERNANDO TORRES is seeking showdown talks with Jose Mourinho about his future at Chelsea.

The striker is aware of shock reports in Spain about a £17m bid for him by Barcelona, while Napoli are also keen on the 29-year-old.

And Torres wants to find out in the next week exactly where he stands under new Blues boss Mourinho.

Torres refused to answer questions about his future yesterday in New York, where he is with Spain preparing for the Confederations Cup, which kicks off this weekend in Brazil.

But a source close to the player said: “We are ignoring the rumours. Fernando has a contract with Chelsea. This is the reality.”

Mourinho could leave Torres sweating on a meeting with a hard-line approach, just as he has with club captain John Terry.

It is understood his stance has not changed since he gave a lukewarm response about the Spaniard at his press conference on Monday.

Torres, who still has three years left on his current deal, said: “I will wait until the end of the Confederations Cup, then I will speak with him.

“I think he deserves that respect from me.

“That respect starts by speaking with him face to face and deciding what is the best for all of us.”

But for one night stand with beauties, it must help a lot if you have an average look.

1. When women evaluate the looks of men, their style&how groomed they are is much more important than bone structure of the face

2. Attraction is genetically programmed. That is why even famous&handsome footballers can't get and do not want every hot girl out there. If you approach enough chicks, you will inevitably find the ones you are compatible with. Enough of them will be hot. It's only a numbers game.

Footballers have the advantage that fame&status attract every woman. so it's much easier for them to get their picks.

Whatever...back on topic.

This Bacra offer would be so great. we would get a consistently moaning, overpaid underachiever out of our books. actually i would terminate his contract, if that would not cost us any money.

There is no way Mou will play Torres as main striker. Maybe Mou can make him useful again, but he will never be that pacy killer anymore. His body is much weaker, his confidence and his youthful recklessness are gone+he is so satified by the enormous amounts of titles he has won, there is no hunger in him anymore.

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3877/england/2013/06/14/4048092/torres-set-for-crunch-talks-with-mourinho-over-chelsea?ICID=PP_1442

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has revealed he is set for crunch talks with new manager Jose Mourinho over his Stamford Bridge future.

The Premier League outfit have seen a player-plus-cash bid for Napoli star Edinson Cavani involving the Spaniard rejected, while the club failed in a bid to sign Radamel Falcao following Monaco's big-money offer.

In addition, Chelsea have reached an agreement with Bayer Leverkusen to sign forward Andre Schurrle, while Romelu Lukaku is keen to stake a first-claim next season, but Torres insists he wants to see out his contract.

"He will explain to me what he thinks and I will tell him what I feel," Torres told AS. "I want to stay, to honour the contract I signed, keep doing things right and I want to be the number one in my position again.

"Moreover, I think there is no better place than Chelsea to do that, especially with the arrival of Mourinho. I just think that every striker that has played with him has enjoyed success."

tumblr_lfld1piQxI1qgsm1bo1_400.gif

So happy that Mou won't let him play if he doesn't perform .

It's been crazy this past 2 seasons, where he played like shit but for some reason kept being selected again and again .. it was a fucking joke, glad its over.

Won't have to compete at Barca? Erm, Messi? He ain't going to play out wide but Barca already have Villa (at the moment), Pedro, Sanchez, Tello, Neymar in those position. Will probably rot on the bench there even more than here.

Messi isn't a striker. He plays deeper more like a #10. Villa is leaving this summer. Pedro, Sanchez, and Tello are not strikers either they are attacking mids/wingers. Neymar is a winger not a striker.

Do you even watch Barca play? Torres wouldn't be competing with any of those players, they aren't strikers.

No. but he will have to compete with Messi on the central strike role, which i think he prefers.

No. Messi never plays as a central striker. Messi is more of an attacking mid than a striker.