Fernando Torres

Torres cost £50 million - he had to be given every opportunity to succeed because of that investment and even up until December/January there were people on here thinking he might be returning to form. Let's not misremember history.

Only Floppes fanboys felt that way, using people like Backstreet as an example about people thinking he might return to form is retarded. It was very crystal clear for most people that a striker who is capable of going 24 hours without a goal should not be our automatic first choice. That was the problem - not Torres mistake but the fact the whole team was build around the biggest transfer fiasco in the History of the game.

Ba. Plus they'd already spent £68 million on Lukaku and Torres.

Ba was signed in the winter and can't play in the Europa League - last winter we had 5 players capable of playing up top now we have two. Ba is also a player who is an injury away from retirement

So the board let a player that some people on here were saying wasn't good enough go on loan and now everyone wants him back because he's awesome.

Let's not misremember history....again.

Same people who though Torres should get an year as a first choice striker - fanboys. Deciding a player isn't good enough based on a handful of appearances and ONE start while have the indecency of thinking Floppes will come good just proves they are living in La La Land.

Sold a player for twice what he was bought for, on an expiring contract without much likelihood of him being used - replaced him with Moses and Ba.

It's the boards fault because they have made it crystal clear it's the Floppes show this season, only match Sturridge played ahead of Floppes was when Floppes was banned due to his retarded actions against United.

Kenyon looks like a genius because people don't seem to be able to make the link between the mistakes made under his tenure with what's going on now. The board are the perfect scapegoat - they always are at every club who are struggling, especially when fans are too scared to blame the owner in case he picks up his toys and goes home.

Does Ancelotti get none of the blame for the signing of Torres? Does Roman?

It was a massive mistake that hangs around this clubs neck like a millstone, but he will go and we'll continue building. Right now the mob is angry and they want an easy target.

I blame the Board Floppes and Roman equally - people using the FSW and Floppes as a scapegoat are ridiculous, FSW was signed to get the best out of Floppes; by our inept board who fired our only Champions League winning manager; after they had made sure Floppes was the only striker he could possibly use.

My fear is that we will be stuck with him past the summer.

He is on a £180k per week wage. Right now, there is not a lot of teams capable to afford such a wage. On the one hand, there are the few power houses in Europe ; but it will never cross their minds to sign the wonder-horse. On the second hand, you have the exotic clubs from Russia, China, and arabian peninsula. They seem to be or sole help. Though I doubt it will happen. Yeah, they spend silly money on players past their prime or on some overrated dudes (Hulk). But I doubt that spending big money on flops is their style. I think that the kind of players they "like" to buy is either the ex-star who is near the retirement, or the flavor of the month. Anyway, what ever kind of footballer it is, the players bought seldom come with the label "flop" or "laughing stock" on their back, but rather with good rep. I really do fail to see why on earth they would do that.

Which leaves us with Atletico. Even if we sell him on the cheap, I fail to imagine that happening. Even if he takes a 50% pay cut, his wage would still be about £90k per week (£4,3 millions per year). First off, it still is a lot for a player with such a low level of football. Especially for a team like Atletico. They are not riding on gold, they cannot afford to give a high wage to whoever. Considering that Falcao's wages is approximatively of 4 millions euro per year (that's the only figure I could find), it would be stunning to see them giving more wages to that flop than what they are giving to their player who is regarded as the best striker. And even if they sell Falcao, I cannot believe that they would give that amount of money for someone unable to be their best player. And I don't even think that the ladyboy would be willing to take this 50% pay cut and thus earning as much as he was at Loserpool ; that would be a major back step for a 29 years-old player.

And the problem is that he is getting worse and worse. The more time will pass by, the more his sale will get. Since his goal against Brentford, he hasn't scored for 641 minutes (10h41). We should have sell him last summer, when somehow he managed to win that gold boot and was awarded with a CL and European Champion medals. That was the only time where is profil was looking good. But instead, that mug of Gourlay decided to make him our unquestionable and unbenchable number one striker. *Shake my head*

And to buy buy out his contract ? At the end of the season, he will have roughly 30 remaining months on his contract. Which means that we will have to spend £21,6 millions. That is not feasible. We can also throw him in the reserve like Malouda, but he will still be eating away £180 per week. If we do keep him, he will be a major hindrance !

He is really a curse. He's single handedly dragging our club to the ground. And I fear he will keep doing so for at least one more season.

Spot on. I, too, cannot see anyone wanting him. The question also remains that even if those dodgy luxury clubs would come for him, would Torres himself want to go there? It is a place where people cash in before retirement, but he is only 29, he probably thinks he's good enough to play for us or any other European team. He would basically assassinate his national team career, which is in jeopardy even now.

The truth is that no other sensible European team would want him and none of them will ever pay his current wages. His options are either A) take a huge paycut or B) go kill his career in the East if somebody is willing to match his wages. If he is a greedy cunt, he will do a Bogarde and stay here even if it means rotting in the reserves, which I don't think will ever happen. I think he would rather take a cut and leave, it's just that the club hasn't given the ultimatum yet like they did to Malouda.

I believe if the club really want him out, they can do it. Torres gives the impression he'd be easier to crack than Malouda. The real question is do the club still want him after 2 full seasons of absolute nothingness? Maybe they will think "oh well, after the transition is finished successfully and he's 33 years old, maybe he will hit gear then"... this is what I fear the most, that they are going to write this season off as 'transition', thus excusing Torres from any kind of blame yet again. But anybody with half a brain sees that he doesn't love Chelsea, Chelsea doesn't love him, this relationship just doesn't work and it needs to be terminated ASAP. I just hope to fuck that they will realize it in the next transfer window and we'll be without the haunting shadows from Liverpool. Plus as Benitez couldn't revive him and he'll be off anyway, then I can't see them genuinely thinking that "maybe the next manager will perform miracles", I just can't. I truly think that this horrendous spell under Benitez is the last straw, probably the final test to evaluate if the investment has well and truly failed.

He's done, and the best remedy would be to eat his remaining contract barring some miraculous offer which we all know isn't coming.

He's never going to play for Spain again. There's no reason for them to play him as he's not good enough and they'd be better off working with young strikers or even going 4-6-0 if need be.

He's rapidly moved from a Premier League player to a League 2 player/Conference player.

It's astounding how Roman and the board crippled this team with decisions that a 8 year old would know not to make.

The Lukaku loan was one of the few correct things they did along with the Ba acquisition. I don't have too much problem with the Sturridge move, but all those moves only work if you're making the appropriate moves in conjunction. However, the board/Roman did nothing to address those holes created by those moves.

They knew that Lukaku was going out on loan and it seems as if Sturridge was never in the plans so why in the world didn't they sign at least two more strikers in summer?

They've done a number on the midfield as well. While Frank is a legend he's not a full time player anymore. Mikel is too inconsistent and after those two it's a hodge podge of mismatched guys.

Similar problems at the back as well. Terry is well past it, Ivanovich is not going to be a long term solution.

They board/Roman have done well in acquiring future talents and loaing them, but they've failed miserably at filling the holes in the team to address the next few years.

What I don't get is why do we bring Torres on when we desperately need a goal or play him in the Europa League! We don't have to! Hazard did a good job as False 9 in Turin (as Michael Cox said the False 9 didn't let us down but we defender poorly). Also Moses can play at CF and we can just play Islam Feruz as striker in the Europa! He deserves it as he's been so good.

Why we havent used Moses as a CF I just cant understand. I mean seriously, why shouldnt he be better than Torres there? He has most of the skills you need as a CF. Just look at this video. All goals come through the center after great runs by Moses:

Why we havent used Moses as a CF I just cant understand. I mean seriously, why shouldnt he be better than Torres there? He has most of the skills you need as a CF. Just look at this video. All goals come through the center after great runs by Moses:

exactly! Like i said earlier

do you guys remember this?

He used to be incredible, creating chances, making goals out of nothing, making epl defenders look like U16 substitutes. He's not even a shadow of that anymore, its two different players, I see no similarities. I'll never understand how a player could fall so far so fast.

He used to be incredible, creating chances, making goals out of nothing, making epl defenders look like U16 substitutes. He's not even a shadow of that anymore, its two different players, I see no similarities. I'll never understand how a player could fall so far so fast.

it happens in many sports not just football ,,,Sometimes it starts with an injury but the primary cause is a loss of confidence, We bought a dud .

Our problem was the owner refused to accept the fact.

Only Floppes fanboys felt that way, using people like Backstreet as an example about people thinking he might return to form is retarded. It was very crystal clear for most people that a striker who is capable of going 24 hours without a goal should not be our automatic first choice. That was the problem - not Torres mistake but the fact the whole team was build around the biggest transfer fiasco in the History of the game.

Even up to the Sunderland game, there was a tiny bit of hope and the fans wanted it to work out as much as anyone. But you're right in that it's a fiasco that a number of people (Carlo, Roman, the board) need to take responsibility for. That single transfer ruined two seasons.

Ba was signed in the winter and can't play in the Europa League - last winter we had 5 players capable of playing up top now we have two. Ba is also a player who is an injury away from retirement

Every player is an injury away from retirement. He's been an astute signing but clearly the club (Roman) has been saving it's powder to make a run at Falcao, in order to tempt Pep to the club. This has been the other major mistake and it stems from one man - Roman.

It's the boards fault because they have made it crystal clear it's the Floppes show this season, only match Sturridge played ahead of Floppes was when Floppes was banned due to his retarded actions against United.

Are we now saying Torres should've been sent off against United? Bit harsh. Again, Sturridge was a victim of us spending a lot of money on Torres, but we spent a lot of money on Torres. He had to be given every chance to succeed because we spent a lot of money on him.

I blame the Board Floppes and Roman equally - people using the FSW and Floppes as a scapegoat are ridiculous, FSW was signed to get the best out of Floppes; by our inept board who fired our only Champions League winning manager; after they had made sure Floppes was the only striker he could possibly use.

At this point I should mention how hilarious the name Floppes is. You'd have thought it would get boring after a while, but by jove it gets funnier with each utterance.

Anyway, I don't believe Benitez was hired to get the best out of Torres. He was available and willing to work on a short-term basis. Again, this was all based on us getting Pep in the summer which has really damaged us as a club.

He was absolutely oozing with confidence back then! wow!