Fernando Torres

Can a rejected request be retracted? Surely not.

Wouldnt thought so,be a bit pointless really seeing already told no so guess the request doesnt stand.This is twitter world mind so anything can happen..like retracting it about 4 times on different days

Then again they could use that excuse...he retracted it blah to make it more like he changed his mind never wanted to leave

Can see him changing his mind though,Be funny after all the Liverpool fans getting all 'we dont need him fuck off' to 'oo he loves us blah'

Come Summer this defintly start up.Even more so if they fail to qualfiy to Europa this time

He plays up front for LFC,

Suarez, Suarez,

He wants to play for king kenny,

suarez, suarez

we bought the lad from amsterdam,

suarez, suarez

He’s part of kennys masterplan,

luis, suarez, liverpool’s number?

and then he proved he’s not a red

torres, torres

im off to stamford bridge he said,

torres, torres

he kissed the badge upon his chest,

handed in his transfer request,

fernando torres told us a pack of lies!

I don't get it.

If the lad wants to leave, why can't they just let him leave? For Christ's sake, he doesn't even worth £50 million, the price is way too big.

He's there since 2007 and he won absolutely NOTHING! He's a world class player, he needs to fight for the title and the UCL, not for the 7th place and for the Europa League.

I think £35 million + Anelka should be enough. Anelka gave his best for us, I really appreciate that, but I think it's time for him to go.

Liverpool would get a great player and a huge price for Torres. Chelsea would make the risky move, not them.

It's officially been posted up on the BBC Website:

Liverpool will agree to sell Fernando Torres before the close of the January transfer - but only if Chelsea meet their £50m valuation of the Spaniard.

The Reds have already rejected a £35m bid from Chelsea for the 26-year-old Spaniard, who joined the Reds from Atletico Madrid in 2007 in a £20m deal.

Liverpool also turned down a transfer request from Torres on Friday.

Another option could be a £40m deal, with a world-class replacement - Nicolas Anelka - heading to Anfield.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9380389.stm

Edited by CJ Revo

Hello everybody.

Couldn't imagine what kind of reception Torres would get from the Liverpool fans if the transfer didn't happen.

He gonna tell em 'I'm playing for the greatest english team' and everything will be forgiven.

£50 million is way too much imo, it would be just crazy to give them this amount of money. £40 million + Anelka is still a too big offer... £35 million + Anelka why not...

Though I'd prefer to spend this money on other players to be honest...