Fernando Torres

A striker that took half his chances would be amazing, one that took a third would still be great. I really want DS to get a chance but I can't see RDM giving it to him (don't know why). DS will leave by Summer 2013 and show us how good he can really be given an opportunity.

I want a striker who will run forward and dribble past defenders and well Torres doesn't fit the bill.

How many tho, a good striker will do maybe 2 at most, 3 in a wonder goal altogether, but beating 1 man is usually something a quality striker can do,

No one should be expected to beat 4-5 or any more, also the whole point of a striker is to be in the position in the 1st place, not have to get into it.

I am afraid Torres has to go. He sulked after our CL win and was promised ample opportunity this season. He has had his opportunity and has failed completely.

I like the new Chelsea Policy of attracting the most promising youngsters and I think we should stick to the system and even get more aggressive. What I do not like is buying another high profile striker like Falcao or Cavani as they could also be the next Sheva and Torres.

However what I do not like about Chelsea is that they do not give chances to new young Talent. I believe we should have kept Lukaku and given him chance. I do not see any reason why we cannot include two youngsters like Lukaku, Piazon etc in all home and away games with the bottom 8 clubs. I am very impressed with Lukaku, and I also saw him in action against Seattle, near my home. He was very impressive and definitely our next Drogba. His only drawback is that he cannot hold the ball but given time he will learn.

Seriously

iM78eYeM4t8Jc.gif

Could have easily walked off after this

Yep, a straight red. Torres should have been off far earlier than he really was, but it doesn't justify compensating one bad call with another bad call later on. Also, at the end of the game some ManU player got a yellow for diving, even though it really wasn't afaik. This Clattenburg fella has a hard time judging dives.

tumblr_mcn9aifJKj1r9vg1go6_250.gif

I can't help but laugh whenever I see the face of this 4th official, he looks depressed and is probably murdering everybody in his thoughts :D He was getting ripped all game long for inept decisions made by someone who he has no control over.

hes done in my mind... no more time for him...

chelsea need a striker they can rely on for finishing (something torres was once good at)...

we need someone who everyone hates and has a striker mentality, not a cry baby who loses the ball and sends in our crosses (we have mata, oscar, cole, ivan, hazard, and rami for that)...

he doenst look like a natural goalscorer he once was, his confidence is shit, and i know he wont get it back at chelsea... im a big fan of torres but im a bigger fan of chelsea and he needs to leave... anyone else would do, except i dont like danny being our #9 and i feel that lukaku isnt yet ready or the type of player we need atm...

would love to see, dzeko, lewendowski, falcao, holt, balotelli, those guys would fit perfect...

He does the crosses because the people who are supposed to, dont. Thats the problem and up to the utd match i didnt see any signs of it changing. Hopefully we stick with more wide play and it might not be so bad.

And who exactly is then in the box if he crosses? It's totally unneccessary and counter productive. We do need an outlet out-wide so the trio don't always have to come inside in a game like United, but Torres coming wide dorsn't solve much unless we have someone else coming into the box, like Sturridge.

This guy has Oscar Mata Hazard behind him and still can't score regularly. Its time to give Sturridge the chance he really deserves.In my opinion we should keep Sturridge,sell Torres in the winter transfer window and get some true prolific center forward if Falcao not possible.

True, but it was the Jan transfer window, and we needed a striker who wouldn't take long to adapt to the PL. All the other strikers, including Neymar and Aguero were coming from different leagues.

Of course it was a panic buy, but we didn't have much choice back then.

Yes we did. We could've bought Aguero, Dzeko or Cavani, but they went for Torres because Ancelotti wanted him.

Yes we did. We could've bought Aguero, Dzeko or Cavani, but they went for Torres because Ancelotti wanted him.

Aguero didnt want to leave in january, but if we would have offered 50 million pounds and give him the same wages as Torres has im sure he would take the first plane to London...

And who exactly is then in the box if he crosses? It's totally unneccessary and counter productive. We do need an outlet out-wide so the trio don't always have to come inside in a game like United, but Torres coming wide dorsn't solve much unless we have someone else coming into the box, like Sturridge.

Yes, it's not like Oscar; Mata or Hazard have much chance to get on the end of a cross, unless it's along the ground.

The point still stands that he is forced wide and to cross because no one will cross for him, no matter how little sense it makes.

I'd imagine Torres would rather get an assist then nothing at all. The lack of crossing is a big issue and the wrong man is trying to fix it, but its by no means his fault. We seen the trio can go wide tho and play their and its amazing. So hopefully this wont be an issue anymore, also not like mata etc cant get on it? did everyone forget Torres's cross to mata in the utd game last year? probs the best cross ive ever seen.

Torres had a huge opportunity this season. Supporters (me, specially) were still believing he would get his shit back. Drogba would be gone and he would have 3 world class players to provide for him.

About 15 games have passed and he does not look any better. He looks more confortable, but that is for the fact he has no shadow on his back, nothing more...

I dont know how I feel about him now. Like I said with Luiz, they either improve or leave. The only issue is that I fully believe David Luiz will get better, I dont feel it with Nando.

Torres had a huge opportunity this season. Supporters (me, specially) were still believing he would get his shit back. Drogba would be gone and he would have 3 world class players to provide for him.

About 15 games have passed and he does not look anu better. He looks more confortable, but that is for the fact he has no shadow on his back, nothing more...

He's defo gotten better to be fair, anno were all annoyed at how its turned out but he's about a 100 times better then the start of last year its just that his about a 1000 times worse then what he was. He'll get to January as a 1st team striker unless someones bought or sturridge steps up, but he wont be sold till next summer at least i'd imagine, he's still are player and we should support him while he's here we cant do nothing about who plays and who's sold and bought. Bitching about him here isnt going to change anything.

He's defo gotten better to be fair, anno were all annoyed at how its turned out but he's about a 100 times better then the start of last year its just that his about a 1000 times worse then what he was. He'll get to January as a 1st team striker unless someones bought or sturridge steps up, but he wont be sold till next summer at least i'd imagine, he's still are player and we should support him while he's here we cant do nothing about who plays and who's sold and bought. Bitching about him here isnt going to change anything.

Agree!

I do support him though. I always shout his name inside hoping he does something good. I dont know if it will make any sense, but I am supporting him without really believing...

He will be our main striker until January, we will have to deal with it. If Roman buys anyone in the winter window, he will be benched, but will only leave in July.

The point still stands that he is forced wide and to cross because no one will cross for him, no matter how little sense it makes.

I'd imagine Torres would rather get an assist then nothing at all. The lack of crossing is a big issue and the wrong man is trying to fix it, but its by no means his fault. We seen the trio can go wide tho and play their and its amazing. So hopefully this wont be an issue anymore, also not like mata etc cant get on it? did everyone forget Torres's cross to mata in the utd game last year? probs the best cross ive ever seen.

Even if they do get crosses in, Torres very rarely attacks the near post so once again it's mainly counter productive. He's never been a striker that relies on crosses, so I'm not sure why this means he should start moving out of position as the sole focal point if he doesn't get any. It's clear the emphasis on this team is more through central areas than wide.

And it's not as if Mata, Oscar and Hazard don't get balls in, just see Ramires' goal. Torres is just rarely in the right position in the box.

For the United game we were playing 4-3-3 when Torres crossed. Mata was LW with a free role, thus he (and Sturridge) could get into the box.