Fernando Torres

Of course but there's only so many times you can get your hopes up about the 'return' of Torres. If he keeps scoring though I may change my mind down the track.

I believe oscar will understand his style of play soon enough, i really believe in that boy. See how he created two one on one chances for moses and torres. Thats the thing we need the most from open play. Torres will benefit from that as long as he doesnt lose the ball.

He should have scored a brace vs Nordsjaelland at least.He tries hard that is probably what is keeping him at the club.If he doesn't have a good season i don't see why we would keep him after the summer.We did pay over the odds for him but we can't rely on him if he doesn't score,we are all supporting him and its good to see that from our fans.Still at the end of the day a striker scores goals and if he doesn't he is not a good striker it's simple as that.

All we can ask is he gives 100% like every other player on the team. If he does that and he is not good enough then the management will replace him. He is getting chances a lot of that is helped by the 3 behind him, adn he needs to start taking them. The only thing i don't like to see is the storming down the tunnel when he got subbed off a little while back. I think his movement has on the most part been ok, its just he gets in these positins and either makes the wrong decisons or misses. I think its easier when torres doens't have to think about it as much. I.E. get ball shoot! as opposed to see 2 defenders in front of you and try to run at them then stop, shall i shoot cut back, pass back, cross it in etc. He should try and keep things more simple. An example of that is his goal vs newcastle, pass to hazard, good bit of skill by him, run on to it and shoot, no running one on one with the keeper, then cutting inside a defender, then fainting back the other way etc. Hopefully that will come but right now he shouldn't be trying to do too much imo. Of coure thats easy to say, and not so easy to implement in a full game scenario, but its a thought.

if Torres stays fit all season he will get 20+ goals and 10+ assists this season! people need to stop over reacting and just be happy we have started the season off well, we are playing good football and were Champions of Europe! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

He should have scored a brace vs Nordsjaelland at least.He tries hard that is probably what is keeping him at the club.If he doesn't have a good season i don't see why we would keep him after the summer.We did pay over the odds for him but we can't rely on him if he doesn't score,we are all supporting him and its good to see that from our fans.Still at the end of the day a striker scores goals and if he doesn't he is not a good striker it's simple as that.

He has a serious confidence problem and that kills him. But his peformance is now improving and i feel like he has talked with dimatteo about his mistakes. This is the first time he has peformed well for two straight matches for a while. His next game will really show me if he has changed loosing the ball and falling, which was his biggest problem. As you can see, he passed to lampard for the first goal in the last match instead of dribbling and loosing the ball.

And in the last goal he held his ground with pressure from the defender and oscar took the ball and assisted ramires.

We score more goals when he doesnt fall down and lose the ball, and then oscar is understanding him better by putting him on goal a few times now so he just needs his finishing in check. Our other player are scoring for us, so im willing to wait for torres to develop understanding with our attackin three of hazard-oscar-mata.

e]

All we can ask is he gives 100% like every other player on the team. If he does that and he is not good enough then the management will replace him. He is getting chances a lot of that is helped by the 3 behind him, adn he needs to start taking them. The only thing i don't like to see is the storming down the tunnel when he got subbed off a little while back. I think his movement has on the most part been ok, its just he gets in these positins and either makes the wrong decisons or misses. I think its easier when torres doens't have to think about it as much. I.E. get ball shoot! as opposed to see 2 defenders in front of you and try to run at them then stop, shall i shoot cut back, pass back, cross it in etc. He should try and keep things more simple. An example of that is his goal vs newcastle, pass to hazard, good bit of skill by him, run on to it and shoot, no running one on one with the keeper, then cutting inside a defender, then fainting back the other way etc. Hopefully that will come but right now he shouldn't be trying to do too much imo. Of coure thats easy to say, and not so easy to implement in a full game scenario, but its a thought.

Yea i understand you. Its his confidence in shooting that prevents him from taking shots, making him to want to dribble first before shooting instead of just shifting the ball to one side and curling the ball in the net.

The newcastle was just a sublime confident torres, he passed quickly to hazard instead of dribbling, and then ran foward for a return and fired the ball at once without over thinking it. Wish we could see more of that :cry:

Trying hard and not providing is not good enough. So i would like Sturridge to have a chance and if he does not perform buy a good striker (it does not have to be Cavani or Falcao but i would not mind having them).

e]

Yea i understand you. Its his confidence in shooting that prevents him from taking shots, making him to want to dribble first before shooting instead of just shifting the ball to one side and curling the ball in the net.

The newcastle was just a sublime confident torres, he passed quickly to hazard instead of dribbling, and then ran foward for a return and fired the ball at once without over thinking it. Wish we could see more of that :cry:

The goal against Newcastle was a fluke. He used to score those types of goals for Liverpool on a regular basis.

if Torres stays fit all season he will get 20+ goals and 10+ assists this season! people need to stop over reacting and just be happy we have started the season off well, we are playing good football and were Champions of Europe! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Yea, we have more teamwork and movement than ever. :dance:

Hopefully torres continues playing without losing the ball :rolleyes:

And he starts shooting more like the last matchblue%20scalf.gif

The problem with Torres is confidence and pressure , at Liverpool he came in and wasn’t expected to set the world alight as a lot of people saw the move for a light weight Spanish centre forward a big risk at the time. I remember reading some comments saying he would struggle to make an impact , but we all know how that turned out. Then came his move to us for a massive £50 million pounds for a player who in the last season had been plagued by injuries and had lost some pace (which is one of his main attributes).

He was up against Drogba , a player who ups his game and proves his number 1 at this club (like he did with Sheva) Torres didn’t have this at Liverpool , he was the main man and had no worries about anyone taking his place. We have now made him the main man here but after last season being stuck behind Drogba in the pecking order he has lost the flair and confidence he once had , he now doubts his own ability , there is only so much you can train on but when your minds not in it there is no fixing that.

The best option would be to sell him in my opinion and bring in someone like Falcao , i just don't seen him regaining his sparkle here after the season and a half he had before. I will obviously continue to support him and hope he can prove me wrong.

Torres had been bad? Can we get rid of plastics on this forum?

That's just a wrong approach mate. I also think there were games he wasn't good, so am I a plastic?

Look at his Liverpool days. Look at the money we payed for him. Look at his weekly wage. Then look at his status in our team. Yes, he had a decent start, but if that's the best he can do then we have right to be worried.

Torres had been bad? Can we get rid of plastics on this forum?

Right, cause we have made that judgement based on 10 matches this season. I will tell you that for the 7th best paid footballer on the planet and our undisputed number one up top he is not setting the world on fire.

Lets give Sturridge or Lukaku 1000 minutes on the field, barely even subbing them off and we shall see how they do in such an environment. Torres has scored a goal for every 193 minutes he has been on the field he has had plenty of opportunities to have a far better record than this. Yet you are saying this is great and I shall be called into question regarding his treatment and asking serious questions about his form.

2009 - 2010 Top Goalscorers minutes per goal

1) Wayne Rooney - 95 minutes

2) Didier Drogba - 101 minutes

3) Darren Bent - 144 minutes

4) Jermaine Defoe - 123 minutes

5)

Torres - 98 minutes

Tevez - 137 minutes

2010 - 2011 Top Goalscorers minutes per goal

1. Dimitar Berbatov - 110,35 minutes

2. Carlos Tevez - 126 minutes

3. Robin v. Persie - 98,333 minutes

4. Darren Bent - 185 minutes

5. Peter Odemwingie - 174,67 minutes

2011 - 2012 Top Goalscorers minutes per goal

1. Robin Van Persie - 117 minutes

2. Wayne Rooney - 110 minutes

3. Sergio Aguero - 116 minutes

4. Emanuel Adebayor - 174 minutes

5. Clint Dempsey - 206 minutes

Current Top Goalscorers minutes per goal

1) Demba Ba - 66 minutes

2) Robin Van Persie - 80 minutes

3) Steven Fletcher - 66 minutes

4) Luis Suarez - 108 minutes

5) Peter Crouch - 126 minutes

Meanwhile Torres has scored a goal in every 176 minutes in the League while we are top of the league.

I'm still waiting for a return I can get excited about but I will say that the situation with Torres is like the infinite monkeys theorem. Torres of 09 is gone and the new one is paid far too much for the output he provides. My opinion remains - if we had persisted with any of our young forwards as much as Torres they would have at the very least have a similar input in terms of goals or possibly a better return.

That's my perspective on the matter, for an automatic first choice striker he is simply not at the required level - hasn't been since 09-10 season. What trends await us in the future who knows but I know there is far more chances for him to get worse in 1-2 years then regain the level that he had in 09-10.

If you think it's plastic on my part to expect a certain standard from a mercenary who joined us to win Trophies that's fine by me, I've supported all our Players when I'm at the Bridge, but on a football forum I will vent whatever things I feel are wrong with our squad. To me Torres still remains a huge weight, and it would take a lot more than what he has shown thus far this season for me to change my mind - because I've based my opinion on far more than 10 games this season.