Fernando Torres

I stopped believing when it took him like 4 months to score his first goal. Knew he'd be a shit signing due to his transfer fee and stupid injuries he picked up for Spain a year before he moved. Looking back on it why did we fucking effectively break up the Anelka and Drogba partnership for this guy?

That shit cray.

I stopped believing in him after he got the summer off and had a full pre season with us in Asia and still failed to do good. I remember that all the Torres fanboys always said that some rest and a pre season with us would make him good but not. It dint do a shit.

People say that his best moment was at the Nou Camp... er... he didn't even score the winning goal... or an equalizer...

Please no "Well it was a safety net" sort of rubbish. His goal didn't change the outcome of the game. Ramires deserves the praise.

People say that his best moment was at the Nou Camp... er... he didn't even score the winning goal... or an equalizer...

Please no "Well it was a safety net" sort of rubbish. His goal didn't change the outcome of the game. Ramires deserves the praise.

Because Barca hasn't scored in the last minute against us before. :fainthv9:

Torres best moment for us has been his goal against Newcastle. Thats one of the few times which he has shown that he still got some football in himself. His goal against United was great too (even though that miss ruined everything. Only a world class striker would finish like that.

But thats basically it. There isnt more awsomness to talk about.

Because Barca hasn't scored in the last minute against us before. :fainthv9:

It wasn't that tho, the goal actually came from him neglecting his defensive duties after losing the ball 25 yards from goal, he took an outrageous gamble that Bosingwa off all players saved from backfiring. Bossy deserves the most praise for the late goal because he actually prevented Barca from nicking it again.

It wasn't that tho, the goal actually came from him neglecting his defensive duties after losing the ball 25 yards from goal, he took an outrageous gamble that Bosingwa off all players saved from backfiring. Bossy deserves the most praise for the late goal because he actually prevented Barca from nicking it again.

I've seen the goal a trillion times, I know what happened. Torres ran with the ball, lost it but stayed higher up the pitch instead of tracking back to his LB position.

Well, I get that it is important that a striker gets time and opportunities ...

Lukaku never got that however - just look at the comments on here he got 'at 18' (first touch and all, not what we , while having almost no playing chances - undermining confidence in the process).

The only reason I see for not giving up on Torres after two years is Torres' price. This is truly a psychological bias I am afraid. We invested so heavily, so he has to pay off kind of thinking.

Just think about all the other talent - Sturridge, Piazon - (and results) we might miss by just wanting it (Torres wonderman!) to be true.

Alas, sometimes something is not what it is is, just because you want it too really badly.

1 in Community Shield that even the FA doesn't take seriously

1 vs Reading that shouldn't even have counted because he was offside

1 vs Wolves Reserves team who were losing 4-0 at the time

Performance-wise, he was also invisible/terrible against Atletico, Juventus, Stoke, QPR, Wigan and even Wolves today - running into defenders, losing possessions and missing sitters. "It was like playing with 10 men" like Gullit said. 4 to 5 in 9 sounds good, but not really.

He was good against Newcastle, but from what we've seen I think it's more likely that goal was fluke.

I hope he has another good/flukey game this Saturday, but at the same time I think it's totally justifiable to say that he's been shit. If he was any good last 20 months, I would agree with you that we are being harsh.

1 in Community Shield that even the FA doesn't take seriously

1 vs Reading that shouldn't even have counted because he was offside

1 vs Wolves Reserves team who were losing 4-0 at the time

Performance-wise, he was also invisible/terrible against Atletico, Juventus, Stoke, QPR, Wigan and even Wolves today - running into defenders, losing possessions and missing sitters. "It was like playing with 10 men" like Gullit said. 4 to 5 in 9 sounds good, but not really.

He was good against Newcastle, but from what we've seen I think it's more likely that goal was fluke.

I hope he has another good/flukey game this Saturday, but at the same time I think it's totally justifiable to say that he's been shit. If he was any good last 20 months, I would agree with you that we are being harsh.

People supports Torres through thick and thin has been labelled "Torres fangirl or fanboy", people like you should be called "Torres agenda hater".

I mean come on, we played against Citeh, not FA for god sake, how can you belittle that goal just because you think the FA doesn't give a shit about the competition?! What a theory, bravo. Then the goal against Newcastle was a fluke now, again Bravo!

I'm not defending Torres for your information and I admit he has been playing bad, but goal is a goal, assist is an assist, you can't just take away his contributions only because you don't like or hate him.