Fernando Torres

Honestly, I don't think Torres on the whole has been as poor as most people would believe this season. We can mention the lack of profligacy when it comes to the number of goals scored so far, but he has been more involved with the build-up play and passing.

I just feel our style of play just doesn't do him any favors, and for that we'll be much better of with a striker, like Sturridge/Drogba/Anelka, who likes to drop deep, take the ball and distribute it.

Take the goal incidence for example: With 5 mins to go we were desperately looking for a goal, playing the ball from left to right around the box looking for the right ball in. And although I am mightily glad that Cole popped up where he did, I couldn't help but wondering where our lone striker when we needed him most. The answer is that he was some 30m away from goal, not even in the frame of thee camera in any replay.

He was actually inside the penalty box mate.

I think that we don't need another striker.

In case of Torres failure, we still have Sturridge, Moses and Piazon (to backup).

We can also use the false nine. And if we can sell Torres, we will be good for fifa fair play.

Next Year Lukaku will come back. I think our team is good.

I'm just happy here, every other Chelsea related forum(I'm even FM at one place), a vast majority keep defending him like some type of religion and he is their blonde deity. Here at least most people when presented with facts don't continue making excuses about him and seem to be more realistic. I swear if RvP didn't score in 24 hours I'd be having a laugh at MU's expense - they actually have had a midfield problem for quite some time yet their strikers hardly struggle on the same scale as Torres.

He scored a great goal against Newcastle a month ago, I say keep believing in him (although it's so frustrating to watch him) until January.

I stopped believing when it took him like 4 months to score his first goal. Knew he'd be a shit signing due to his transfer fee and stupid injuries he picked up for Spain a year before he moved. Looking back on it why did we fucking effectively break up the Anelka and Drogba partnership for this guy?

That shit cray.

I stopped believing when it took him like 4 months to score his first goal. Knew he'd be a shit signing due to his transfer fee and stupid injuries he picked up for Spain a year before he moved. Looking back on it why did we fucking effectively break up the Anelka and Drogba partnership for this guy?

That shit cray.

Abramovich has the answer.

I think i have near enough covered my whole feeling about the whole Torres saga since he joined Chelsea so ill probably stay away from this thread from now on.

I have many of the same feelings about Torres as you. I never like judging a player after only a handful of games. Every player has good streaks and bad streaks so it's possible those games were just one of those. I supported him through the his first awful half a season with us without reservation. Early last season, I still supported him fully, as he was still having the occasional moment of brilliance (first half ManU). Even as the season progressed, I kept thinking he was bound to come good, but was already starting to get annoyed at the absurd lengths his defenders would go to justify his incompetence. By January when his play had reached historic awfulness, I just gave up.

unless he improves massively soon, i cant see him lasting too long at chelsea

We all have been saying that for yonks now and nothing has changed. Only 3 months left till the January window opens and judging by how he has performed at the club in the past 18 months or so, can't see how he's gonna dramatically switch on and improve his form.