Fernando Torres

first of all: whats with all this "he is not physical enough" - thing ? Have you actually seen Torres play ? He is musceling defenders like Vidic and Rio away, even Terry, if fully fit.

Next topic right away: in the past he didn´t have enough time to recover from his injuries and played through the pain barrier, pushed by Benitez because their simply was no other option.

A 60% fit Torres is still better than the rest of the Liverpools striking options. End of.

Rafa really ruined enough players, out of a humanistic impetus we should try to sign Nando ! Save a life everyday, like.

With Drogba and Anelka in the autumn of their Chelsea carreers Torres is the perfect player to fill the gap between the older strikers and the young guns.

He is in the middle, age wise, and if given the time on of the most lethal strikers you can have.

He is world class. End of.

to much for a player like torres. hope chelsea says 40 million or nothing.. hope they'll get ganso and a player like sergio ramos in the summer instead of torres tbh mellow.gif

Sergio Ramos, are you joking mate, the guy gets more red cards then Drogba scores goals laugh.gif

Someone just tweeted this on Twitter, I don't know if this is just one person tweeting this however...

YES! News coming from Melwood that a fee close to 45 million + Anelka has been agreed for Torres. ( #cfc ) ( #lfc ) ( #Torres )

Twitter posts all kinda going against each other anyway,one he's going,one he's stayign and so on.Mean half an hour ago there were apprantly reports saying deal was being done etc

Till its somewhere offical or comes out of his mouth then know for sure and all but at the mo a bit meh

If he has withdrawn it that was bloody quick change of mind lol.He only put it in yesterday anyway,got it rejected anyhow

Someone told me about a rumour that Torres's agent was fired this morning, apparently he was told by Torres he wants to leave because the club promised him a striking partner and they didn't deliver. Then when Suarez was signed Torres "changed his mind" but it was too late :whistling:

Of course, I don't believe any of it. Still gotta love scouse imagination :lol:

As someone said before, paying £50 million for injury prone and out of form player is, at least to say, risky move. And yet, there is a still question of him fitting in.

However, having Fernando Torres in the team is exciting opportunity. When he's at his best, I rate him among top five strikers in the world. So, why not? He can score, he can create and - not to forget - he is bringing fear into opponents feet. And if you ask me, that's exactly what we were lacking since November. We didn't have enough support and we mentally crashed after a few games went wrong.

Another side of the story is - 50 million could buy you two awesome players. True (God I would love to see Aguero and Neymar). But, we are in a slump and we are not improving. So, I'm happy to see the board doing something about it, even if it looks like crazy move (though I believe it is not and we won't see Andriy Shevchenko sequel)