Fernando Torres

It was the most important corner won in our history. So there's that...

Got tackled and it rolled off the defender. Was he lively? Yeah. Did he look 'interested'? Sure. Is that something that goes beyond what is expected from a professional footballer on the kind of wages he has? Fuck no. Desire is a prerequisite, not an accessory.

I'm no Torres hater. I want him to do well for us. I'm just trying to keep his contributions in perspective.

What the fuck is he going to prove in two weeks? Even if he scores a few goals, that doesn't really mean anything because we've been down that road before. I'd say he has until January to prove he can be the main man and if he doesn't, I can see the panic button being pushed and another big money striker coming in. Of course now that even Lukaku has gone on loan I wouldn't rule out buying another striker before the end of the month, no matter what Torres does or does not.

What the fuck is he going to prove in two weeks? Even if he scores a few goals, that doesn't really mean anything because we've been down that road before. I'd say he has until January to prove he can be the main man and if he doesn't, I can see the panic button being pushed and another big money striker coming in. Of course now that even Lukaku has gone on loan I wouldn't rule out buying another striker before the end of the month, no matter what Torres does or does not.

We been down that road before as well. :D

On paper IMO having only Torres and Sturridge as recognised strikers looks worrying for us. However I do expect us to buy, if we don't there are other alternatives. Maybe not as fluid play as Barca but a 4-3-3 style playing Hazard in same role as Messi. Hazard said himself he could see himself doing this in the future, the role as a trequartista and I reckon he could do well in a shift here. He played the same role for Belgium against England and maybe RDM has this consideration up his sleeve

United got Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, and Berbatov.

Looking to add RVP.

And we got only 2 strikers at the moment, and people complaining that Torres will be no good if we get another striker.....

Shit Rooney does not make any excuse for himself, he wants RVP at Old Trafford.

Silly Torres excuses.

United got Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, and Berbatov.

Looking to add RVP.

And we got only 2 strikers at the moment, and people complaining that Torres will be no good if we get another striker.....

Shit Rooney does not make any excuse for himself, he wants RVP at Old Trafford.

Silly Torres excuses.

Exactly if United and City have llike four quality strikers then why don't we add another quality striker. Torres knows he is at a top club, he has not been consistent and we have every right to buy another WC striker. The people who back Torres are same ones who criticize Sturridge which annoys me

Ill never forget the Lampard goal where everyone thought Torres had scored it. But when it was announced as a goal by Lampard, there was a huge sigh of disappointment! Cringe worthy really.

I was there that day :doh:

On today's performance i thought he did well and took his goal brilliantly, although i am one of his critics i can still praise him when he has a good game (Kalou haters take note).

He has a while to do before i will consider myself proved wrong but the signs are a lot better than this time last year.

Good to see him: 1. score first/take the lead when it mattered and 2. continue to push when service wasn't coming. Last year about half the goals he scored were when the game was already done and dusted, and when the service wasn't great he had a tendency to become nonexistent. He looked like there was a fire under his bum today, happy to see it.

He did alright, but wow I can't believe how slow and sluggish he seems. Can't escape the feeling that he lost all pace, unpredictability and buzz around him. Seems like your average striker with a cool name on his back.

I know I am being harsh, but 50million and 150k per week should get you something like Tevez did in a match like this and until I start seeing that, I won't be really satisfied with Fernando, but nevertheless, good to see him in a nice position and to score. Those two didn't meet a lot last season, he was either in a good position with no balls ( :D ) or in bad position with the ball at his feet.

Not an easy decision for the club to make regarding our strikeforce.

He did alright, but wow I can't believe how slow and sluggish he seems. Can't escape the feeling that he lost all pace, unpredictability and buzz around him. Seems like your average striker with a cool name on his back.

I know I am being harsh, but 50million and 150k per week should get you something like Tevez did in a match like this and until I start seeing that, I won't be really satisfied with Fernando, but nevertheless, good to see him in a nice position and to score. Those two didn't meet a lot last season, he was either in a good position with no balls ( :D ) or in bad position with the ball at his feet.

Not an easy decision for the club to make regarding our strikeforce.

He wont torres has VERY few goals outside the box in his liverpool career, torres is best when he gets the ball in the box or works with midfielders inside of the box, tevez has a lot more power to his game despite his size. These are the goals torres will score, he isnt necessarily a player like drogba who can chest a ball down from outside the box and smash it up the top right, as long as he puts the chances in the chances he gets with an eye for the spectacular at times I will be more than happy and he is taking stupid shots right now meaning his confidence is high.