Fernando Torres

I expect at least one good season to fool everybody he is back to his best, and "shut up" people.

After that he will be back to mediocrity a la Berbatov.

It's unfair to Berbatov, he performed well and won the Golden Boot, than for some reason last season he was frozen out last season. But he still had 3 years at United that were better than anything Torres has done here. Hell he outscored him last season in the EPL despite playing apart of only 12 matches compared to 32 matches for Torres :D

This notion that Torres gets no service is pretty ridiculous. He does, he just squanders it by taking too many touches or being indecisive when he gets the service. Just look at the game against Milan where he got service but instead took extra touches instead of just putting it into the back of the net.

I support him and hope he does well here but some of you really need to stop with these ridiculous excuses for him playing poorly.

It's unfair to Berbatov, he performed well and won the Golden Boot, than for some reason last season he was frozen out last season. But he still had 3 years at United that were better than anything Torres has done here. Hell he outscored him last season in the EPL despite playing apart of only 12 matches compared to 32 matches for Torres :D

Yeah and despite that Berbatov was a big flop.

Torres will go under the same route unless he can do good for 2 or 3 seasons.

Just to do good this season is no longer good enough because of the bad reputation he already has as a big flop!

I just hope the fans who have a soft spot for Torres don't continue to praise him for every small and simple thing he does on the pitch.

Think your hope will end up in vain. Just watch all those fangirls going crazy over him on Twitter. It's pathetic and simply annoying! :doh:

I just hope the fans who have a soft spot for Torres don't continue to praise him for every small and simple thing he does on the pitch.

I agree!

It was the most important corner won in our history. So there's that...

I totally agree! :blue scalf:

A striker's main task is to finish the chances the team creates for him. That's it. Forget about what Cristiano and Messi are doing in La Liga. When these chances don't come for hours and hours you start thinking it's your fault, you practically lose your game. You start going out of position, receiving in the wings, going back deep in midfield. Torres is useless in this positions, but that in no way means he is a useless player. So, tell me guys what you prefer a striker who sits upfront and does nothing for 90 minutes, or a striker who is at least putting an effort to participate in the play?

Just look at Van Persie at Arsenal last season! I don't know how much goals he scored maybe something like 35 in all competitions. It's mostly tap ins + a couple brilliant solo goals. Goals are goals, but when you start scoring regularly, scoring these 'easy' chances, you also start having the eye for the spectacular finish.

Torres was the leader and the captain in Atletico - he performed. Torres was the starman in Liverpool - he performed. Torres is our N1 striker - he will perform.

Don't talk shite, He got chances in his first few games at Chelsea, had a decent one against Liverpool and had another golden one against Fulham, and thats just off the top of my head. This season he missed a number of sitters, even after he scored a few. This whole thing about service is crazy, If Drogba and Sturridge could score then Torres should have been able aswell.

He's a finished article. You say 'Goals are goals', which we haven't got many from him. Can't believe people still try and defend him, what a waste of 50 million.

Thats what we said last season.

"He just needs a preseason under his belt"

Yeah and now its "Now he is our main striker, now he will shine". I really find it funny how we treat him like a little baby. We dont even treat our youngsters the way we treat torres!

This notion that Torres gets no service is pretty ridiculous. He does, he just squanders it by taking too many touches or being indecisive when he gets the service. Just look at the game against Milan where he got service but instead took extra touches instead of just putting it into the back of the net.

I support him and hope he does well here but some of you really need to stop with these ridiculous excuses for him playing poorly.

And you need to stop with the ridiculous attacks on Torres. He had terrible service against Milan. I don't know what game you were watching.

Its funny how people used to argue that Drogba had to rely on his physical attributes unlike Torres,... and that once those attributes start to fail Drogba would do shit compared to Torres...The truth is without his breakneck speed Torres isn't half the striker he used to be.

Would be laughing now if Torres wasn't on our team.

And you need to stop with the ridiculous attacks on Torres. He had terrible service against Milan. I don't know what game you were watching.

LOL @ my post being considered an "attack".I even said in the post that I support him and I hope he does well here in the future. You sound like a sissy the way you're defending him.

I don't understand how you can hate on any individual (not just Torres) who is on our team. Makes no sense to be a "supporter" of the team and then constantly talk shit about someone on it. Hey but i'm just a logical thinker voicing his opinion.