Fernando Torres

Your Torres hating is getting annoying. You're going on my 'Torres haters' list. I can't wait untill he comes good so I can shame you.

Actually I was on the original list, and then when I was proven right about this sorry ass of a player I named and shamed everybody that doubted me!!!

blue%20scalf.gif

If he doesn't come good can I shame you?

Personally, I think he going to score at least 10 League goals next season, but I'm hoping for 15+.

That's what I did back in December.

It was on the Miss firing Torres thread.

He is already a bit too late with such a list. :D

We will (hopefully) have Danny and Hulk.

Danny would have to play in a 2 and so would Hulk. That would require a total shift in formation, we need a striker who can play on his own so we can retain possession in midfield ! Torres can play as a lone striker but we need someone else who can occupy that role for when he gets injured/tired.

Danny would have to play in a 2 and so would Hulk. That would require a total shift in formation, we need a striker who can play on his own so we can retain possession in midfield ! Torres can play as a lone striker but we need someone else who can occupy that role for when he gets injured/tired.

Eh, and what says Danny or even Hulk wouldnt do well as lone strikers?

Torres hasn't improved or even flatlined. He's declined.

He's picked ahead of Sturridge because Di Matteo doesn't like him and he's picked ahead of Lukaku because he's not ready yet. Negredo was horrific in the one showing he gave for Spain so obviously Torres gets picked ahead of him, and tiki-takanaccio doesn't like big men up front so Llorente's out.

From those four he's only better than Negredo and Lukaku. Both are young and will catch him sooner or later.

Totally, unequivocally, irrevocably disagree.

The man is a completely different beast now to how he was when he first joined. Under Ancelotti, he was worse than useless. We only ever dismissed this reality because we were so desperate for him to achieve with us. He had no drive or belief or motivation, and he sulked over it. Whenever he tried, he was ignored by the selfish cunts in the team. Bear in mind that a player like Torres must feed off of midfield playmakers - which we have in very small quantities. Our players are used to lumping the ball to a target man, so it was a case of letting them learn how to play with Fernando as much as it was for him to learn how our team functions.

Last season, especially under RDM, he was one of our brightest attacking players. His goals were not frequent, but became important, and he won us many games not necessarily with his goals but with his assists and key passes - the best example being the 2-1 win at Wolves where he played an eye-of-the-needle ball through to Cole who squared for Lampard to win it. The drive and pace soon returned and you only have to look at his contribution in the Champions League games against Barca and Bayern to see examples of his team-play and work-rate. In the Nou Camp he won us the tie with his goal, and helped out immensely defensively. Furthermore he won our one and only corner in Munich, and we all know what happened next. He has come on in leaps and bounds in terms of his performance.

Now he must improve statistically and hit the net more often.

Torres hasn't improved or even flatlined. He's declined.

He's picked ahead of Sturridge because Di Matteo doesn't like him and he's picked ahead of Lukaku because he's not ready yet. Negredo was horrific in the one showing he gave for Spain so obviously Torres gets picked ahead of him, and tiki-takanaccio doesn't like big men up front so Llorente's out.

From those four he's only better than Negredo and Lukaku. Both are young and will catch him sooner or later.

You are losing the plot .. Torres is STILL world class , Sturridge has a lot to learn ...If you can see that then you have even more to learn about football

Torres is still World Class

:wank2:

I don't know, why you wonder why there is backlash against Torres when people make comments like this - Torres hasn't been World Class in 3 years. A World Class Striker scores a bit more than 21 goals in 93 games and most certainly isn't a sub in big games

:wank2:

I don't know, why you wonder why there is backlash against Torres when people make comments like this - Torres hasn't been World Class in 3 years. A World Class Striker scores a bit more than 21 goals in 93 games and most certainly isn't a sub in big games

Exactly a world class striker scores in big matches like against Barca or even wins the golden boot at the European Championship :wank2:

Still this is Torres's last chance I think, we signed some great attacking players so he has no excuses this season.

Exactly a world class striker scores in big matches like against Barca or even wins the golden boot at the European Championship :wank2:

Still this is Torres's last chance I think, we signed some great attacking players so he has no excuses this season.

Are Riise and Bellamy also World Class because they scored against Barca or was Baros World Class when he won the Golden Boot in 2004?

Compare Torres to the likes of Zlatan; Benzema; Kun; Rooney; over the last 3 years, hell compare him to Falcao, Neymar, Tevez, RvP, Higuain, Milito; Cavani; RvP;

Drogba who has been poor last two years still has many more goals than Torres.

Simply put at the moment Torres should not be mentioned as World Class unless you don't mind me calling you delusional. Come back when he starts scoring 20 goals a season again

With Hazard and Mata behind you even a POS striker will score goals. He'll be fine. Even when he wasn't scoring goals, he's still very very good at making some ridiculously good key passes and his vision is probably one of the best among EPL strikers, probably second after Tevez imo.

I think Danny and Torres will both be successful playing striker next season.

With Hazard and Mata behind you even a POS striker will score goals. He'll be fine. Even when he wasn't scoring goals, he's still very very good at making some ridiculously good key passes and his vision is probably one of the best among EPL strikers, probably second after Tevez imo.

Get your point but that is not what we want mainly from him, does it? We need goals from him and he needs to put them in!

To have a good season he should at least score 20 goals overall + be a game changer. Nothing more and nothing less.

Van Persie, Rooney, and Aguero scored, respectively, 30, 27, and 23 goals in the league. That's what you need from your striker.

This isn't a good ol' Torres bash, but I have a question (it's not rhetorical. It's a genuine question) -

How many winning goals has Fernando Torres, our main striker (the guy responsible for getting the goals) scored for us since joining?

Get your point but that is not what we want mainly from him, does it? We need goals from him and he needs to put them in!

No of course, I agree with you. My point is that he'll definitely score goals with Mata and Hazard behind and he'll also contribute with his overall play apart from goals, so I'm very confident overall he'll be a good striker next season.

This isn't a good ol' Torres bash, but I have a question (it's not rhetorical. It's a genuine question) -

How many winning goals has Fernando Torres, our main striker (the guy responsible for getting the goals) scored for us since joining?

Don't think many. Maybe 1 or 2 at most. That said, no point in discussing it imo. He's first choice guaranteed and if he doesn't perform then I'm sure Chelsea will be forced to make a move in January. If he starts scoring and plays good consistently then those "winning" goals will come automatically.

Even if he scored 10 goals last season and all were winning goals, that's still not good enough imo. He has to score goals and play good consistently to have a future at Chelsea. So discussing winning goals is useless imo considering he score like 11-12 goals in total last year, so either way he wasn't good enough.

No, although some may consider his goal against Barcelona as one as it effectively kills off Barca despite us having the advantage on away goals back then. However, on the other hand, don't think we can downplay too much of his other goals. Him scoring the first goal of a game, or a goal that doubles our lead etc all gave us the platform to victory in the context of those matches.