Fernando Torres

What I don't understand is why people get annoyed when Torres has performed well and people praise him for it. Give credit where it's due.

Likewise, he's not not prone to criticism. Sometimes the criticism is over the top, sometimes the praise is, but let's remember, FT is a CFC player who will be leading our line next season, so let's stop acting like bitches and just see how the season pans out.

What I don't understand is why people get annoyed when Torres has performed well and people praise him for it. Give credit where it's due.

Likewise, he's not not prone to criticism. Sometimes the criticism is over the top, sometimes the praise is, but let's remember, FT is a CFC who will be leading our line next season, so let's stop acting like bitches as just see how the season pans out.

Spot on, lets wait and see.

He may be able to score a few goals but i doubt he will ever regain the form he once had.

Even yesterday you can see he lost the pace he once had, that pace was so crucial in his game.

World class players can lose their pace and still be world class you know. I think the most crucial part to his game was in fact his finishing which was the part of his game that went missing for large spells of his recent career. He is finding the net again now and you can't say he isn't getting himself into dangerous positions because he evidently is. Lets hope this is going to be a great season for Nando.

Torres will recieve his Euro 2012 Golden Boot on the eve of European Super Cup between Chelsea & Atletico Madrid. [Marca]

Guess that will be given during the Champions League group stage draw then.

Torres offered no guarantees

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7881048/Torres-offered-no-guarantees

--------------

Awesome!!!

Sturridge has done better then Torres. And for such a thing he should be ashamed of himself instead of complaining!

Torres is a big flop, sell him and get Cavani!!!

Torres offered no guarantees

http://www1.skysport...d-no-guarantees

That's the way it should be. Everyone has bad stretches and that's fine, but in general, you have to earn your starting spot. If you produce, you'll play, if you don't, you'll have to earn the right to start again.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7881048/Torres-offered-no-guarantees I am happy RDM will take this stance. He is the manager and I hope there is no player power like the reported when AVB was in charge. Which is why I still support Torres but would support any move if RDM wants to buy a striker. Tbh I give Torres credit for the hattrick in the game against QPR and the decisive goal against Barcelona but for a whole season, hmmm still doubts

That's the way it should be. Everyone has bad stretches and that's fine, but in general, you have to earn your starting spot. If you produce, you'll play, if you don't, you'll have to earn the right to start again.

Torres don't share that opinion with you!

All this talk of selling Torres and signing Cavani is weird. Cavani has had 2 decent seasons behind him, get real. If we are going to sell Torres and sign a striker it should be one who has had more than 2 decent seasons and has plenty of experience in a top league like PL, La Liga or Bundesliga. (I don't rate Serie A as much now due to the match fixing allegations from 2006 and this year.)

I don't even reckon we'll sell Torres and sign another striker, sure we might get Hulk but he will probably be used as a right winger. Torres, Studge and Lukaku will be the 3 strikers unless Lukaku gets a decent loan offer, then we might sign a striker.

I don't want us to sell Torres and it will not happen, I just support the idea of signing another striker to compete with him and show he has to perform so I trust RDM in whatever he decides to do

All this talk of selling Torres and signing Cavani is weird. Cavani has had 2 decent seasons behind him, get real. If we are going to sell Torres and sign a striker it should be one who has had more than 2 decent seasons and has plenty of experience in a top league like PL, La Liga or Bundesliga. (I don't rate Serie A as much now due to the match fixing allegations from 2006 and this year.)

I don't even reckon we'll sell Torres and sign another striker, sure we might get Hulk but he will be used as a right winger. Torres, Studge and Lukaku will be the 3 strikers unless Lukaku gets a decent loan offer, then we might sign a striker.

Torres has 2 years of PL experience....