Fernando Torres

I think Torres' work rate and international experience gave him the nod but from him getting dropped in the last spain squad for Soldado then Soldado getting a hat-trick.... it's quite remarkable that Soldado isn't at least in the squad. Embarrassment of riches.

Looks to me someone is regaining his lost confidence back and is wanting to go out to give it all. Thats a real good sign for us. Chelsea should really use this momentum and if we dont screw up, we could very well see the vintage Torres in whom we have invested heavily or maybe even better one.

Looks to me someone is regaining his lost confidence back and is wanting to go out to give it all. Thats a real good sign for us. Chelsea should really use this momentum and if we dont screw up, we could very well see the vintage Torres in whom we have invested heavily or maybe even better one.

Why is it we are blamed if Torres doesn't work out? Ball is in his court, Chelsea has done absolutly everything to help him for over a year now - he has been played despite being unable to score in 700 minutes in the EPL, doesn't matter who was coach(Carlo; AVB; RDM) Torres always got the benifit of the doubt.

"I was left out of the squad and that was tough. I started to understand that things were serious, that I wasn't getting much playing time with my club and that if things carried on that way I wouldn't be going to Euro 2012. Vicente has put his faith in me and now I need to show him I am ready to play whenever he thinks it necessary. I hope to be able to give the team the best of me."

Wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Italy, to be honest.

Why is it we are blamed if Torres doesn't work out? Ball is in his court, Chelsea has done absolutly everything to help him for over a year now - he has been played despite being unable to score in 700 minutes in the EPL, doesn't matter who was coach(Carlo; AVB; RDM) Torres always got the benifit of the doubt.

Do u really want to get digging into the past as to what was done and what not. Yes he didnt play the way we expected him to, yes there is a lot of time spent to revive him, Yes he has been out of form for most of his Chelsea career but the thing is that after all this he is getting back his form, he's worked on the other aspects of his game. With a proper midfield (which we lacked atleast from the time Torres has come in) i believe he can really fire. And at this point of time if we are to get another striker so that he can play second fiddle to him, wouldnt that be a screw up? Yes we did everything to help him expect fill up the hole in our midfield which could and should had been done at the start of the last season or in the mid January window.

I m not saying he would come in and score 30 goals next season ( we all wish that happens) but the confidence is there so lets cash on that and importantly he also has the support of his team mates. Provide him with a good midfield setup and who knows ....

Form is temporary, Class is permanent.