Fernando Torres

Who can say they actually believe Torres will become a better player now that Drogba's gone? If someone is willing to pay even 15-20 mil for him I say we take the money and use it buy some striker who can actually score goals and be our main man. Don't believe this will happen though, but that's what I would do.

I think Torres will improve because now he knows that he is the main striker. This gives him confidence because it makes him feel more important for the team.

This is just my opinion, not a certain thing. We can just wait and see what happens.

What the fuck are you smoking? I can understand that you want beautiful football (whatever that may be), but what you are failing to recognize is that Drogba HAS always played beautiful football. Just look at the goals he's scored for us and tell me he doesn't play more beautiful football than Torres. His header on Saturday, for example, was football at its finest. Volleys against Everton and Liverpool? Countless goals against Arsenal? Diving header against Barca, City? Need I keep going?

Gosh, some people take things for granted.

What the fuck are you smoking? I can understand that you want beautiful football (whatever that may be), but what you are failing to recognize is that Drogba HAS always played beautiful football. Just look at the goals he's scored for us and tell me he doesn't play more beautiful football than Torres. His header on Saturday, for example, was football at its finest. Volleys against Everton and Liverpool? Countless goals against Arsenal? Diving header against Barca, City? Need I keep going?

Gosh, some people take things for granted.

His goals are beautiful yes, but he's talking about build up play.

Many times we bypass the midfield, because we have an immovable rock up top to hoof the ball too :lol:

If we bring another world class striker this summer:

1. He will overshadow Torres, who will be complaining about his playing time and role in the team.

2. He will be a Torres 2.0 version. I mean he'll struggle with the style of play.

Fernando spent his best years being a lone striker with strong wingers supporting him, and a playmaker with an eye for the final pass, behind him.

Torres is a funny guy. If he knows he's the main man, as he was in Atletico and Liverpool, he has the confidence of a World cup winner. At Chelsea, he's not that guy, and maybe he'll never be.

However, I read an article (mirror) stating that Abromovich spoke to Fernando on the parade, assuring him he'll have a central role next season. I don't know if it's true. But I know that Torres right now has the hunger and the desire to play at Chelsea, to prove himself, and to thank the fans with great performances and goals. I am sure he wont leave next season!

Let's see how he does in the Euros and then we'll decide whether we can rely on him to lead the team.

He may well now be our main striker next season. Time to prove himself after all this issue of being overshadowed by Drogba and not getting the chance to impress. If nothing changes next season, then I think he has to go!

Buying a striker will be the biggest mistake ever. First of all, Torres is improving alot now and is getting back on track. He will step up more now that Drogba wont be around.

And for those who are worried about what we'll do if Torres doesnt deliver, well, tbh put Sturridge there. He's scored what 20 goals from the wing? We dont need another world-class-striker, it will do exacly what happened to Torres when he came to Chelsea.

As the times have passed he's seemed to of bonded with the players. Trophies do that. Guillem balague's interview was taken horribly out of context, it was an honest reflection. Maybe he should have thought it through better, since it seems as though many knew Drogba was going to leave. Now their is no hiding. Their is no doubt he has improved a lot recently and I just hope he can prove it on the pitch.

I always had the sensation that they don't have a good relationship off the pitch. But after hearing them both saying that they don't understand why they didn't play together, and watching them celebrate together on Saturday, I may have been totally wrong.