Fernando Torres

According to a Spanish blogger for AS (who is probably Torres' biggest/closest backer in the Spanish media), Torres had played along side DD all week in training and only found out the afternoon of the final he wasn't starting. Like all players, he wants to start the big games. For this one, he was basing it on some pretty solid evidence that he would. RDM made the call that contradicted Torres belief. Understandably he was very disappointed. He should have kept mum about it but in the heat of the mixed zone, stuff happens.

So, no, Torres did not expect to start in place of DD.

this team can go a few ways now (sob) that (sob) drogba (sob) is leavingggggg!! :'(

.1) Keep Torres as main ST with Studge and lukaku as replacements. i dont really fany that being as i still dont trust torres but he has played well towards end. however he gets injured and askin studge to fill is kind scary if ask me.

#2) we could keep torres make studge on wing only and buy say Falcao as the two switch. only, falcao imo is another drogba who would force torres to bench and idk is could co-exist togetha

#3) keep torress make studge wing and buy decent striker that could fill and get job done though wouldnt overshadow torres. cuz its all about trust and how much do we have in him will be in the cost of backup. so maybe get hulk/hazard? and let him play wing prodominately with the occasional head ST rol that way evryones happy

#4)lastly always sell him witch i head wont happen do to roman assurances.

what u guys think'll happen?? i hope #3) cuz thats what i did in fifa 12 manager mode! ( hahaha jk) but realy we need to give him keys to car and show we believe in him WITHOUT a massive security blanket in drogba on the bench.

Torres hasn't talked to English press for YEARS, unless forced to at club press conferences. It explains the very bitter and gleeful way they attack him for every little thing he does or say.

His timing was very, very poor in this instance. But the media was always going to make it 100X worse. Perhaps he should wise up and cynically make a couple of friends in the English press and that way, he'll at least have a defender or two like the English stars do. But nah, he won't. Stubborn.

#3) keep torress make studge wing and buy decent striker that could fill and get job done though wouldnt overshadow torres. cuz its all about trust and how much do we have in him will be in the cost of backup. so maybe get hulk/hazard? and let him play wing prodominately with the occasional head ST rol that way evryones happy

#4)lastly always sell him witch i head wont happen do to roman assurances.

A combo of #1 & 3. Torres and Sturridge as main CFs. Buy Hulk as 1st RW and have him as #3/emergency CF. Lukaku to go out on loan and play 30 games minimum. So even if it's a championship side, do it. He needs to play every week. Great potential, but very, very raw. Let Bamford/Feruz play as CF in the Carling Cup if against non-PL side.

#4 Could be a figment of the press' imagination. And even if it's true, AVB had assurances from Abramovich too, remember?

lol he was probably drunk and talking to his "friends" when he said that, based on the timing of those quotes, he must have been drunk lol anyways i could care less, at least he's hungry, thats what really matters

that said, if we can flip him for falcao i would love that, if not then Torres and Sturridge to be CFs next year

No one in the world has the right to say, I'll leave the club if Drogba doesn't. I don't care what they've achieved outside Chelsea, this guy is up there with Osgood as the greatest to ever pull on a blue shirt.

What in the world is this nonsense? I'm going to assume the implication here is that Torres said "I'll leave the club if Drogba doesn't". If so, please point me in the direction of this quote. Since I'm fairly certain it doesn't exist, I'd very much like to know how you extrapolated your comment from even the worst Torres quotes (the one's that had conveniently left out all the positives) before it was discovered that he is in fact not the bogey man he had been made out to be.

Some people...

What in the world is this nonsense? I'm going to assume the implication here is that Torres said "I'll leave the club if Drogba doesn't". If so, please point me in the direction of this quote. Since I'm fairly certain it doesn't exist, I'd very much like to know how you extrapolated your comment from even the worst Torres quotes (the one's that had conveniently left out all the positives) before it was discovered that he is in fact not the bogey man he had been made out to be.

Some people...

Choulo19 said it, but did not provide a link.

That was when drogba, along most Chelsea fans, was devestated. You can understand this in the heat of the moment. But Torres made his comments after he had just won the CL. It should have been the best moment in his life. Yes should have been disappointed, but like everyone else in the world, he should take it out in training to prove that he deserves to play the next cup final.

What Torres said is not acceptable and should be punished by the club. He is not stupid, what he said is not about the final. He was threatening the club to leave if they offer Drogba a new contract. As if he will be missed here.

Where, oh where, will we get a goal (against the weakest sides we play against) every six matches??! :rolleyes:

I would not mind if he left. He is a lone wolf and contrarily loves to be the centre of attention. He won the big one and the FA Cup but he has a nasty habbit of being carried to success ever since the World Cup. He might score some pretty goals but he isn't the player to carry us on to more success.

Drogba is leaving.Torres main striker.Ugly football no more.To win CL for the first time with such performance, iam ok with that.But alas.In terms of quality of football this was by far our worse season in Abramovic era.Yes I want Chelsea to win every cup possible, but not with this horrible for the eye performance..