Fernando Torres

These clear cut chances you speak of he put his foot out and had a shot and if it was not for two amazing tackles he would of had a hatrick tonight but that cannot be stopped, that is what the defenders are there to do.

Actually it was 5 chances the entire game and most of them were pretty clear cut:

1) Luiz through ball - Torres tame shot at goal keeper

2) Scuffed shot due to defender jumping into his feet(he was about 1-2m away from the goal) - Sturridge scores on the rebound

3) Scuffed shot at another defender(once again very close to the goal)

4) Ball is passed towards him from flank he doesn't move towards it thinking Lampard is behind him despite being in a good position facing the goal.

5) Goal

If Drogba was on the bench he would never even scored because he would have been bought off as the last substitution.

I thought this was one of his worse games actually, funny thing is he scored and no one cares :lol:

He was actually pretty poor, but the strange thing is, according to stats he played well. When usually he plays well but according to stats he plays bad lmao, FUCK YOU FOOTBALL STOP BEING SO FUCKING WEIRD.

Actually it was 5 chances the entire game and most of them were pretty clear cut: 1) Luiz through ball - Torres tame shot at goal keeper 2) Scuffed shot due to defender jumping into his feet(he was about 1-2m away from the goal) - Sturridge scores on the rebound 3) Scuffed shot at another defender(once again very close to the goal) 4) Ball is passed towards him from flank he doesn't move towards it thinking Lampard is behind him despite being in a good position facing the goal. 5) Goal If Drogba was on the bench he would never even scored because he would have been bought off as the last substitution.

were you watching the same game i'll give you 3 out of those 5 the two that were blocked are not the definition of clear cut if anything they are half chances at best..not defending torres cause he was poor today but the slagging of a man who has been working his as* off to get back and pay the club and fans back for what we paid to bring him here is unnecessary...and the fact that hes seems to be finding form we need to back him

He has been impressing lately. If he carries on like this until the end of the season then he will defiantly stay another term.

Having said that tho that supposed £45m bid Anzhi are going to make, even if Torres does get to back to form we really can't afford to turn that down, we could use that and get 2 playmakers.

I'll tell you what amazes me. I was just looking in the Torres transfer thread, and the last post I seen was somebody saying that whilst Torres may have a bunch of assists, he only pops up for 5 minutes to give the assist and then becomes anonymous. Between that and Las7's 5 clear cut chances theory, I do wonder if people actually pay any attention to the games at all.

TBH that's what he was doing until these last few months imo. His work-rate and contribution has improved this year, but in 2011 his performances were pretty dire.

Anyway I agree, I don't know how on earth he was supposed to score those 2 "clear-cut chances". The defender was right there to make the block. Clear-cut chances that he's missed are the likes of the Utd open goal, against Blackburn in the last minute, away at Wigan (?) where he had an open goal and he scuffed the shot wide in the 2nd half etc etc. The ones yesterday he didn't score because of misfortune, but at least he was in the right place at the right time to affect the outcome.

He's coming alive when he's in and around the box and it's the only genuine indicator of this newfound confidence. Earlier he would look sorry for himself after fucking something up but now there's a steely air about him. Plays better when riled up, too.

Sometimes I think people get the impression that playing football is like playing FIFA. Hold B and point in the general direction of the net for an instagoal.

Not always that easy on fifa either, for me Kakuta missed 2 open goals in one match :lol:

I think it's worth noting that for a guy who's poor season has been in the spotlight so much, that compared to our other option in Drgba, who has come under relatively little scrutiny, and in fact is often hailed by some of our fans as the answer to our Fernando Torres problems.

Between EPL, UCL, FA and CC cup...

Torres: 7 goals, 11 assists,

Drogba: 9 goals, 3 assists,

Two poor seasons no doubt, but it goes to show how the rediculous magnitude of Torres criticism relative to Drogba's.

Wouldn't be great if they were both on fine form?

I think it's worth noting that for a guy who's poor season has been in the spotlight so much, that compared to our other option in Drgba, who has come under relatively little scrutiny, and in fact is often hailed by some of our fans as the answer to our Fernando Torres problems.

Between EPL, UCL, FA and CC cup...

Torres: 7 goals, 11 assists,

Drogba: 9 goals, 3 assists,

Two poor seasons no doubt, but it goes to show how the rediculous magnitude of Torres criticism relative to Drogba's.

Wouldn't be great if they were both on fine form?

I've tried to deduct Torres' stats from recent games but from what I see you got their numbers all wrong

Torres statistics in the EPL: 7 goals and 14 assists

Drogba: 9 goals (1 penalty) and 4 assists

No goals for Didier in the FA Cup and CC, but 4 goals and 2 assists in the UCL

Torres has 2 goals in the FA Cup and 2 assists, also 2 goals and 4 assists in the UCL, no goals in the CC

That gives you

Torres: 11 goals and 20 assists

Drogba: 13 goals and 6 assists

So, fuck Nando, right? :rolleyes:

Anyone know a good site to get accurate stats? The FA site is useless lol. Would be nice to have one which had all of the important stats lined up next to each other. I used to visit one years back but have forgotten which site that was

Anyone know a good site to get accurate stats? The FA site is useless lol. Would be nice to have one which had all of the important stats lined up next to each other. I used to visit one years back but have forgotten which site that was

I visited premier league site, they have very accurate stats there, also the uefa site and wikipedia for results of the FA Cup and CC

I visited premier league site, they have very accurate stats there, also the uefa site and wikipedia for results of the FA Cup and CC

yeah they're accurate I guess but it's not user-friendly at all. Their site is very slow for me (no idea why) and I don't like the way they have arranged their stats. Guess I'm being picky lol.

if your willing to pay for stats & articles:

http://www.eplindex.com/

I've tried to deduct Torres' stats from recent games but from what I see you got their numbers all wrong

Torres statistics in the EPL: 7 goals and 14 assists

Drogba: 9 goals (1 penalty) and 4 assists

No goals for Didier in the FA Cup and CC, but 4 goals and 2 assists in the UCL

Torres has 2 goals in the FA Cup and 2 assists, also 2 goals and 4 assists in the UCL, no goals in the CC

That gives you

Torres: 11 goals and 20 assists

Drogba: 13 goals and 6 assists

So, fuck Nando, right? :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure mate, (I think) Torres only has 8 goals this season in all competition, that includes the 1 he got in the Asia trophy. 3 EPL, 2 UCL, 2 FA Cup, 1 Asia Trophy.

Drogba: EPL 5, UCL 4, Asia Trophy 1.

Admittedly the assists stat I got was from AQA 63336, but all the rest of the stats they gave me check out so I assume it's correct.

Anyway, the sentiment is the same.

It's doesn't have everything, but Sky is decent for stats http://www.skysports...,,11668,00.html