Fernando Torres

His confidence seems to have taken big leaps since RDM took over.

I am sure i read somewhere about how he is happy to have a manager that believes in him or something, which could be a main factor for his sudden rise in confidence. Hopefully this would give him more of a sharpness in hisgame, and some few goals benefit from it. I still believe he could add something - but it is more down to making his mark before the marksman sets his target.

I still get mad that he's always on the wings, but whatever. He's making good strides, pleased with him.

Like I said after the city game, I hate the way he positions himself. You're more likely to find Ramires or Sturridge in the box to collect the cross rather than Torres.

But as long as he can still help out the team, I'm not going to complain.

He's had to force himself out to the wings because that's the only way he can keep himself involved in the game. We can't get him any through balls to run onto cause that's just not how our midfield plays, so he's had to play with his back to the goal which he's not good at and usually gets relegated to the bench cause Drogba can do that better. So not until he started doing something that Drogba doesn't and can't do better than him did he start getting more games and better performances.

Let the goalless streak nr. 4 commence.

Good assist though, no arguments against his crossing ability. Beckham would be proud. He looks a bit like him too, maybe striker has been the wrong position for him all along?

I just love his contribution to the team.

I will honestly say that the one bad year probably has made him more of a team player, cause he kills himself for the team.

Fights every ball, does good passes, great assist.

The board did screw up by paying 50 mill. That 50 mill has weigh heavily on him, and also getting him at the wrong time when our system is not good enough for him.

But if in the summer we are going to get some explosive wingers, and more creativity in the mid then Torres will be awesome.

Torres is not worth 50 mill, but he is here and we have to make the most of him.

The first decent post i have seen you contribute since you returned.

Torres is "doing everything but score".

So he cant be our main striker, as simple as that, just use him as a second striker, because a main striker is supposed to score.

Mate why don 't you just f...off I am sick of of your shit I don't post much but it seems that the only thing you bring to the plate is crap go to a Palmerias,Corinthias, Sao Paulo whatever you toss.. Only contribute when you have something that us positive about this club if not GTFOH

His recent for has convinced me that he is the man for the job at Chelsea. His general play is excellent, he works very hard and he looks to have found some of his pace again. You might still argue that he isn't exactly banging in the goals, though you could just as easily argue that he has had very few (practically none) clear cut goal scoring opportunities.

We all know that there will be some big changes this Summer, a winger and a creative central midfielder seem to be among the reported top targets. With a flying winger beside him and another creative midfielder in midfield, it will suit Torres so much more than what he is playing beside right now and should compliment his style of play.

He has shown recently that he still has the ability, he has shown that he has the hunger and passion to succeed here at Chelsea, he has come under enormous pressure and heavy criticism from all corners but he has come out fighting, that's a credit to the strong character that he has, I've been one of his biggest critics but, like others, Torres has won me over.

Have really been impressed with his recent performances. He's not exactly scoring but he sure work his socks off every single time and he definitely gives more to the team than Drogba when he plays!

Keep it up El Nino!

I hope he does not get rotated in the coming fixtures just for the sake of rotation...

Agree with that. I'd play him ahead of Drogba in all the games from now on. Except against Barcelona IF we reach the semis and get them. Drogba simply does not deserve to start. Torres as a striker isn't anything special either but a better option than Drogs

Drogba qualified us to this stage of the CL being the best player on the field in the match against Napoli and Valencia - yet somehow he doesn't deserve to start. I know that there is only one option for our big games and that is Drogba. Good to see Torres improving his form, it would be nice if he keeps this up so we can make at least half of what we paid when we sell him in the summer.