Fernando Torres

Torres' form just proves that Roman Abramovich's purchases just don't work! I don't even know whether to feel annoyed or glad that we didn't sign anyone in January! I feel somewhat glad we didn't get Willian partly because it was Roman who was planning on signing him against AVB's plans... although it would have been nice to sign him to add a bit of depth in creativity...

but come on...

Shevchenko - £30m

Torres - £50m

£80 million wasted on two blunt strikers... if I had £80m, I would have been able to live with Linda, and take her around the world 10 times!!

maybe we should have bought Billy SHARP

Here's the deal...

If we can sell Torres for at least £30m to Makachkala, and then sign Neymar and Hazard in the summer, I would be a happy man! Wishful thinking that may be, but one optimistic Chelsea fan like myself can dream!

Here's the deal...

If we can sell Torres for at least £30m to Makachkala, and then sign Neymar and Hazard in the summer, I would be a happy man! Wishful thinking that may be, but one optimistic Chelsea fan like myself can dream!

No way Torres would leave to Anzhi. He has family who like it in London and he is still young. Paris, Malaga or Madrid could be his next destination though.

The old Torres of Liverpool days would have finished that in style, but his miss proved to be crucial yet again. He has done more harm than good to this club.

He didn't miss, it was even worse than that, he couldn't get a shot away... when he was through on goal I was already half celebrating, but then I went like

mega_fp_9gag.jpg

Didn't see the game so waiting for MOTD to see how bad it really was...

You dont need to see MOTD, you only need to see the moment when the game was 3-2, and he was in front of the goal and he refused to shoot.

Thats enough to fire him. He is hopeless.

Torres had a fucking weird game. He held the ball up brilliantly, and his movement is class. Outside the box he is brilliant, as that cross demonstrated, but we did not pay that amount of money for him to play as a winger.

I thought he had more of a "Drogba" performance (bar the chance when he didn't have the nerve to shoo :doh: ) than a typical "torres" perfomance, in the sense that he played most of the match with his back to goal and actually did quite well in receiving long balls.

Confidence is rock bottom, I don't blame him either, when we do not have the players to pick his runs out let alone pass to him, yes Malouda I'm looking at you, he tends to take matters into his own hands coming back to get the ball deep or wide, which in turn sacrifices anyone in the box.

Its not secret that he looks much more confident and upbeat when Mata is in CM.

Confidence is rock bottom, I don't blame him either, when we do not have the players to pick his runs out let alone pass to him, yes Malouda I'm looking at you, he tends to take matters into his own hands coming back to get the ball deep or wide, which in turn sacrifices anyone in the box.

Its not secret that he looks much more confident and upbeat when Mata is in CM.

I blame him. He goes through and gets a chance to shoot, yet he will do something stupid like turn or pass.

The chance he had at 3-2 summed it up. Score that and, Howard Webb or not,we would have that game. Did the first bit, to take the ball away from Ferdinand and make space to get a shot in brilliantly, had a gleaming opportunity to shoot but took an extra touch to try to beat the defender and lost the chance, the old Torres would never have taken that touch. His cross for Mata's goal was superb, his general play was quite good but that miss proved so costly.

Im looking forward to the return of Drogba.

I think that he just lost his confidence at all. He was too afraid to take that shot. He got great skills. His cross was amazing, his movement and control of the ball outside the box is very good but when it comes to take a shot he didn't cope with the pressure to take it.