test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,197 posts in this topic

Sheva scored against Spurs, Torres didn't. Sheva is therefore better. End of story.

i'm only joking it clearly doesn't work like that

I would have huge respect for Torres if he had a good season with a lot of goals, he will always be a flop and a waste of money but at least he did something.

Same thing with Berbatov but much worse, when Berbatov had that killer season 2 seasons ago.

Muzchap likes this

I would have huge respect for Torres if he had a good season with a lot of goals, he will always be a flop and a waste of money but at least he did something.

Same thing with Berbatov but much worse, when Berbatov had that killer season 2 seasons ago.

Agreed - but it's a lesson to every fan wanting a new purchase... Buying a good player @ one club doesn't automatically (in the real world) make him a great player at your club...

Typically RVP has fitted into Manure perfectly... GRRRR...

I think RVP proves you don't need Nando's pace (at liverscum) to be succesful in PL.Persie and Torres are pretty much equally build but one scores shitload of goals and sadly he isn't playing for CFC.But I think even tho he isn't as fast as he was Nando can still be succesful, just look at RVP.

RVP - height 186 sm (other sources 183),weight 72-3kg.

Torres - height 183 sm, weight 70kg.

Muzchap likes this

He didn't at all. We played two up top, Drogba and Sheva both coming wide when needed.

Nope he played a lot on the right wing actually, some of his best goals actually came from that position.

STILL on this???

damn... dont you guys have something better to argue about? this is old and annoying...

pretty pathetic... why should we be the ones debating him? makes no sense at all... already on the score sheet this year with 3 in what? 5 or 6 games? thats great for me!!

keep it up el nino, haters gonna hate

STILL on this???

damn... dont you guys have something better to argue about? this is old and annoying...

pretty pathetic... why should we be the ones debating him? makes no sense at all... already on the score sheet this year with 3 in what? 5 or 6 games? thats great for me!!

keep it up el nino, haters gonna hate

I thought you left this forum, and are you joking me?, you do know there's still a full fucking season. you bring up them 3 goals in 5 games again and I'll happily bring up his 4 goals in 40 games for you.

Torres has looked like a goal threat but as we know he's not consistent at all, i wouldn't be surprised if he still turned out shit this season and we had to panic buy. But of course the typical Torres fanboy such as yourself who only joined this forum because he joined here would say so.

Las7 likes this

Transfer window is closed, no replacement will be bought until at earliest january. And with the exception with sturridge he is all we have... He has made a pretty good start to the season all things considered, and now we have to get behind him... If us as fans start getting on his back atm then we are really screwed as, torres' confidence is gonna be completely gone, and no good can come of that... If, when the transfer window is open he hasn't performed enough then i am fairly sure we will probably bring someone in, but until then KTBFFH :blue scalf:

Transfer window is closed, no replacement will be bought until at earliest january. And with the exception with sturridge he is all we have... He has made a pretty good start to the season all things considered, and now we have to get behind him... If us as fans start getting on his back atm then we are really screwed as, torres' confidence is gonna be completely gone, and no good can come of that... If, when the transfer window is open he hasn't performed enough then i am fairly sure we will probably bring someone in, but until then KTBFFH :blue scalf:

Are you kidding me, Torres doesn't read these boards and the support he gets at the Bridge makes me cringe - Didier Drogba didn't get that type of support. When I know these same fans have booed our players on a few occasions for performances that weren't as awful as some of the dross Torres has served up in a blue shirt.

Also if Torres loses confidence because fans don't support him/ he has another striker to compete with/ he doesn't have players that can serve him up a perfect pass/ he doesn't have a coach that understand how to treat him/ he doesn't have a system that suits him/ than he is obviously a player that can never be successful at a club our size.

Of course we are going to discuss him, same reason there is probably a super long thread in RAWK about Andy Carroll or about Berbatov in redcafe.

capriccioso and Justin_3d like this

Are you kidding me, Torres doesn't read these boards and the support he gets at the Bridge makes me cringe

Sorry I guess all fans aren't raging douches like yourself. You essentially just said that you don't want him to succeed, are you sure you're on the right fan forum. I get that a lot of people don't particularly care for him but to not want him to succeed, someone on the team you support, to not succeed is absolutely ludacris.

RamiCFC9 likes this

It does my head in how anything critical about Torres performance has you branded as a hater :doh:

If anything the "haters" are doing him a better service by actually treating him like a normal member of the squad.

You know who is a douche, a douche are morons that boo our legends but chant Torres's name when he flicks his hair.

A douche in French is a bath. A douche in English is a women's cleaning tool.

Las7 likes this

Actually, a douche in French is a shower.

I don't know about Canada, but in Australia, baths and showers are usually the one thing like this. We lazily refer to either/or.

p-shape-shower-bath-with-screen-front-panel-and-legs_MA.jpg

"I'm going to have a bath" could very well mean "I'm going to have a shower".

Justin_3d likes this

I don't know about Canada, but in Australia, baths and showers are usually the one thing like this. We lazily refer to either/or.

p-shape-shower-bath-with-screen-front-panel-and-legs_MA.jpg

"I'm going to have a bath" could very well mean "I'm going to have a shower".

Bath in Canada means bath. Shower means shower. You Aussies!

You know who is a douche, a douche are morons that boo our legends but chant Torres's name when he flicks his hair. Torres has done nothing for this club, Kalou has had more contribution toward the silverware we have won. Only difference is that a bunch of people continue to make excuses for Torres.

Thus far he has been a flop on the same level as Andy Carroll. I don't dislike Torres personally - I just dislike people not call a spade a spade. Andy Carroll is currently on loan to West Ham. In the meantime Torres has been awarded a guaranteed spot in the first 11 after doing fuck all for 2 years. For me respect needs to be earned - thus far Torres hasn't earned any respect from me. Drogba fought Crespo to win it, Sheva; Torres & Anelka to keep it.

There is a difference between supporting a player and putting a player ahead of what the club might need, the void that is Torres in the last 2 years has done more to hurt Chelsea FC than to enhance us or help us win things. If he wasn't signed for 50 million pounds he would already be trying to regain his form in sunny Iberia at a lesser club rather than playing as an automatic first 11 player for the Champions of Europe.

Who is doing that? I am not saying torres has been good or anything like that. I am simply saying that torres as a chelsea player deserves support like anyone else, especially when we only have him and sturridge as our strikers. If the supporters at the bridge including myself for example start saying torres is shit in the stands, and just don't give a fuck then that is not gonna be good for chelsea which is the ultimate goal. If we had drogba at the club then it wouldn't matter as much as we could play didier up-front and that would be that. My simple point is that, like it or not he is our number one striker and we just have to live with that... Torres is never gonna do even a 1/100th of the greatest player to ever wear a shirt has done for us (Super frankie). But there is nothing we can do about that... And this is a forum, everyone can say what they want but i am just stating that nothing can be done about it yet if he has a season similar to last; which i hope will not happen.