Fernando Torres

Wrong! Apart from the Arsenal game (which coincided with the demoralisation of the whole team after QPR and the Terry racism accusations) he has played well when Mata has been on the pitch with him.

Anyway it's immaterial now. He's clearly not in the manager's longterm plans.

He's not starting or getting gametime because:

-Didier was gaining form

-this month/last few weeks were crucial to us, we could not afford to play a striker with mental problems

-he will likely get his chance when didi goes to acon

-Drogba helps the team far more overall

He clearly has more of a future here (but never more of a past; no one can match what DD has contributed over these years) than Drogba.

Well at the moment he is a mediocre rotation player... Its not that I don't think Torres isn't a good player, in fact I think he's exceptional when on form, I just don't believe that he's worth 50mill even when at his best. Those price tags should be reserved for players like ronaldo, messi etc., however, due to increasing expenditure in the football world that is changing rapidly I will admit. My point is that Torres shouldn't be judged based upon his transfer fee because the fee was purely ridiculous and only occured due to Roman's stupidity. I mean, do you realistically think that any other owner, besides perhaps City's, would splash out 50 mill on Torres at the same stage that we did? What i'm saying is that we should forget about his price tag and stop thinking that because he cost 50 mill he should therefore be able to play with goalkeepers by his side... because he wasn't worth 50 mill when we bought him, he isn't worth 50 mill now, and I doubt he'll ever be worth 50 mill. Let's just hope that he recaptures his form and becomes the same player that he once was and forget about his price tag.

Like I said, I don't expect him to be a 50m player. What I did expect, was roughly 30m worth of value, and right now, he's more like a 5m player on the field

I wasn’t happy, when we bought him and I wouldn’t be sad, if he left in January... He’s only a shadow of the old Torres from Liverpool and Atlético... He had had many opportunities to show he deserves to play in our team and to take such a salary... We need striker, who can winning matches (like Drogba in good form)

torres is staying, he is part of the future here...

cant be sold yet, the man hasnt even gotten a decent run of games, and when he does hes played very well thus far... scoring and assisting...

avb must stop with this if you dont play perfect youll be subbed and benched thing, cause thats just more added negative pressure...

just give him a decent run of games and have faith,

all us chelsea fans have to wish the man luck, i mean this is the team we love and live for, so we have to want him to come good...

Chelsea dismiss Torres leaving

http://www.telegraph...our-future.html

*phew *

Selling players + sacking managers isn't the solution. We spent 50mil on him for FS... we can just sell him in a year just like that .... I strongly believe its upto AVB to bring back the player's form... his first interview with Chelsea ... he made all sorts of promises saying its about getting the right empathy ... and now it sounds like blah blah blah :(

*phew *

Selling players + sacking managers isn't the solution. We spent 50mil on him for FS... we can just sell him in a year just like that .... I strongly believe its upto AVB to bring back the player's form... his first interview with Chelsea ... he made all sorts of promises saying its about getting the right empathy ... and now it sounds like blah blah blah :(

yeah selling him would be stupid, and we would be criticized from all over... but he isnt done for the club yet...

again, just needs a run of games and faith from the manager to play him through thick and thin... he'll come good, all the games he played (except liverpool which he got NO SERVICE) he played very well for the TEAM.. and you cannot deny that...

Effectively in January.. We'll be without Anelka (sold), Kalou & Drogba (ACoN).

Torres & Lukaku will be our only strikers during this stage (I know it can be argued that Kalou isn't a striker, but let's pretend.). So selling him is silly, I agree. But if he doesn't deliver between Jan-June, then Edison Cavani.. Step up :whistling:

Effectively in January.. We'll be without Anelka (sold), Kalou & Drogba (ACoN).

Torres & Lukaku will be our only strikers during this stage (I know it can be argued that Kalou isn't a striker, but let's pretend.). So selling him is silly, I agree. But if he doesn't deliver between Jan-June, then Edison Cavani.. Step up :whistling:

Why do we have to get another big money striker?

Not saying we shouldn't get a striker if Torres fails again, but i personally am not a fan of buying another 50-60m striker.