Fernando Torres

Because there are news reporting we are prepared to listen to offers in next window, thats a big story you like it or not.

Fair enough. I guess it's a case of whether or not having the common sense to realize that completely giving up on and selling at a huge loss a 5yr investment less than a year since its acquisition is not something the club would do.

Fair enough. I guess it's a case of whether or not having the common sense to realize that completely giving up on and selling at a huge loss a 5yr investment less than a year since its acquisition is not something the club would do.

Oh, of course, our club has a history on only doing what the common sense dictates:

- Giving Avran Grant a 3 years contract and then sacking him 6 months later after reaching a UCL final.

- Buying Fernando Torres for 50m.

- Buying SWP for 24m when we were full of wingers.

Selling Fernando Torres for 20m next windows is far from being an unbelievable history, specially that the current manager has nothing to do with Torres arriving at the Club, and its pretty clear that the AVB has no faith on the striker.

Oh, of course, our club has a history on only doing what the common sense dictates:

- Giving Avran Grant a 3 years contract and then sacking him 6 months later after reaching a UCL final.

- Buying Fernando Torres for 50m.

- Buying SWP for 24m when we were full of wingers.

Touché. What you're saying may be true but since I like believing that the club currently operates with much more sense than a few years ago and hindsight plays a great role in judging the Torres acquisition as absolutely retarded I run all similar "reports" through a common sense check before even bothering discussing them.

Selling Fernando Torres for 20m next windows is far from being an unbelievable history, specially that the current manager has nothing to do with Torres arriving at the Club, and its pretty clear that the AVB has no faith on the striker.

It is to me. AVB probably has as much to do with Torres as Carletto did and while the fact that the Spaniard has been warming the bench may suggest that he has lost faith in him January is coming and both us and AVB should get in terms with seeing Torres participate much, much more.

Why do hacks like Neil Ashton keep insisting Sturridge is ahead of Torres when he's been playing wide right all season long?

Oh and why would we sell Nando in January when Kalou, Anelka and Drogba will all be unavailable for one reason or another during that month. We would be left with Sturridge who's one half of our only wingers and Lukaku who isn't ready to be a starter yet.

Really can't stand lazy journalism. Oh and I thought Torres was Roman's personal "toy" so why would he get rid so soon?

I just talked to Torres at the Dorchester hotel this morning, he told me that he will be going to Lille on a one year LOAN (we're not selling him) in exchange for Hazard (we have to pay + 15 mill as well).

Wtf ? I just got hired by the daily mail for that story !

We all know that this is simply shoddy journalism but if (not suprising tbh) Torres is for sale then can we take down that undeserved banner of his transexual looking head at the Bridge please!

Don't get me wrong i have been on Torres side since he moved here and still hope he can turn it around but It's insulting to the players who have contributed a great deal to winning trophies who don't have a banner of their mugshot hanging from the stands!

At the rate he's going, his value will likely plummet to 10m come summer, we can't really wait that long if we are planning to get rid and get something decent in return.

My favorite part of Torres failure (not that it's a good thing) is how many people say "he can't play with x player, he can only play with y player". He cost 50m, he should be able to play with Turnbull and Hilario as outfield players if he has to. He is comletely bereft of confidence, he just cannot do anything correctly, even simple dribbles, and yet lampard and malouda take all the blame for some reason. His form is down to him alone and his inability to perform at a good level

Just because he cost 50 mill doesn't make him worth 50 mill. While we all appreciate what Roman has done for the club, the fact is that he is a maniac and he obviously desperately wanted Torres for the club meant Liverpool were able to get a massive fee for him. In this case, the fact that we paid 50 mill for him doesn't mean that he should be able to play with anyone under circumstances and perform at his best at all times. He's human. The transfer fee was no fault of his and therefore shouldn't be a precursor for how he should be performing. If we had only paid 20 mill for him, we would still be expecting him to perform at a high level because he has performed at that level before. All this nonsense about him costing 50 mill so therefore he should be the greatest player of all time and be able to do anything is ridiculous.

As we've seen, Torres is a confidence player who needs to play in a set up which suits his style. Chelsea probably isn't right for him. In hindsight, we probably shouldn't of bought him. I'm still hoping that he can reach the level we know he's capable of because it would be hugely beneficial for us if he could recapture his form.

I just don't think that the fact that ROMAN decided to give Liva 50 mill for him because of his impatience should be the reason for him being sold (If he does) because, to be honest, I'm not sure if he'll ever be worth 50 mill. I mean, he's no Ronaldo is he? We should forget about the price tag when discussing the form of Torres because we'll never be satisfied...

Players in the range of 30-50m come with the expectation of being a full package. Who knew that little poor Torres could only run onto throughballs and tap them in? Oh, he can't play with lampard, malouda is so greedy, etc. Are you seriously saying he is that limited? Because he isnt. The player I saw at Liverpool could do almost anything he wanted, at a team inferior to ours. Not too far from Ronaldo either. You treat him like he's some mediocre rotation player.

Let's just wait and support him with our best effort until the transfer window/summer. He is going to have his chance, against Wigan I reckon, and he will have to step up. Simple as that. I honestly doubt that he will leave in January either(in fact, I'm 80% confident he won't, even though that might leave us with less money should he flop further).

He got Mata,he still showed shit.He cost us 50mill he should adapt OUR team,we should not adapt the team to him.

Wrong! Apart from the Arsenal game (which coincided with the demoralisation of the whole team after QPR and the Terry racism accusations) he has played well when Mata has been on the pitch with him.

Anyway it's immaterial now. He's clearly not in the manager's longterm plans.

Players in the range of 30-50m come with the expectation of being a full package. Who knew that little poor Torres could only run onto throughballs and tap them in? Oh, he can't play with lampard, malouda is so greedy, etc. Are you seriously saying he is that limited? Because he isnt. The player I saw at Liverpool could do almost anything he wanted, at a team inferior to ours. Not too far from Ronaldo either. You treat him like he's some mediocre rotation player.

Well at the moment he is a mediocre rotation player... Its not that I don't think Torres isn't a good player, in fact I think he's exceptional when on form, I just don't believe that he's worth 50mill even when at his best. Those price tags should be reserved for players like ronaldo, messi etc., however, due to increasing expenditure in the football world that is changing rapidly I will admit. My point is that Torres shouldn't be judged based upon his transfer fee because the fee was purely ridiculous and only occured due to Roman's stupidity. I mean, do you realistically think that any other owner, besides perhaps City's, would splash out 50 mill on Torres at the same stage that we did? What i'm saying is that we should forget about his price tag and stop thinking that because he cost 50 mill he should therefore be able to play with goalkeepers by his side... because he wasn't worth 50 mill when we bought him, he isn't worth 50 mill now, and I doubt he'll ever be worth 50 mill. Let's just hope that he recaptures his form and becomes the same player that he once was and forget about his price tag.