test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,197 posts in this topic

He may be able to score a few goals but i doubt he will ever regain the form he once had.

Even yesterday you can see he lost the pace he once had, that pace was so crucial in his game.

World class players can lose their pace and still be world class you know. I think the most crucial part to his game was in fact his finishing which was the part of his game that went missing for large spells of his recent career. He is finding the net again now and you can't say he isn't getting himself into dangerous positions because he evidently is. Lets hope this is going to be a great season for Nando.

Jose M likes this

Torres will recieve his Euro 2012 Golden Boot on the eve of European Super Cup between Chelsea & Atletico Madrid. [Marca]

Guess that will be given during the Champions League group stage draw then.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7881048/Torres-offered-no-guarantees I am happy RDM will take this stance. He is the manager and I hope there is no player power like the reported when AVB was in charge. Which is why I still support Torres but would support any move if RDM wants to buy a striker. Tbh I give Torres credit for the hattrick in the game against QPR and the decisive goal against Barcelona but for a whole season, hmmm still doubts

That's the way it should be. Everyone has bad stretches and that's fine, but in general, you have to earn your starting spot. If you produce, you'll play, if you don't, you'll have to earn the right to start again.

Torres don't share that opinion with you!

All this talk of selling Torres and signing Cavani is weird. Cavani has had 2 decent seasons behind him, get real. If we are going to sell Torres and sign a striker it should be one who has had more than 2 decent seasons and has plenty of experience in a top league like PL, La Liga or Bundesliga. (I don't rate Serie A as much now due to the match fixing allegations from 2006 and this year.)

I don't even reckon we'll sell Torres and sign another striker, sure we might get Hulk but he will probably be used as a right winger. Torres, Studge and Lukaku will be the 3 strikers unless Lukaku gets a decent loan offer, then we might sign a striker.

I don't want us to sell Torres and it will not happen, I just support the idea of signing another striker to compete with him and show he has to perform so I trust RDM in whatever he decides to do

All this talk of selling Torres and signing Cavani is weird. Cavani has had 2 decent seasons behind him, get real. If we are going to sell Torres and sign a striker it should be one who has had more than 2 decent seasons and has plenty of experience in a top league like PL, La Liga or Bundesliga. (I don't rate Serie A as much now due to the match fixing allegations from 2006 and this year.)

I don't even reckon we'll sell Torres and sign another striker, sure we might get Hulk but he will be used as a right winger. Torres, Studge and Lukaku will be the 3 strikers unless Lukaku gets a decent loan offer, then we might sign a striker.

Torres has 2 years of PL experience....

Torres has 2 years of PL experience....

Torres has 5 years of PL experience, he first came to England in 2007-08 season. Before that he also had 6 years of experience playing in La Liga which was pretty much the second or third best league in the world at the time.

Torres has 5 years of PL experience, he first came to England in 2007-08 season. Before that he also had 6 years of experience playing in La Liga which was pretty much the second or third best league in the world at the time.

Exactly, and even that don't mean much.

So your argument for Cavani makes no sense when you look at this flop of Torres!

Exactly, and even that don't mean much.

So your argument for Cavani makes no sense when you look at this flop of Torres!

Not really because Torres was one of or the best striker in the PL in his first 3 years at Liverpool and one of the better strikers in La Liga when he played there. Where as Cavani has been noticed as one of the better strikers in Serie A for two years....

Not really because Torres was one of or the best striker in the PL in his first 3 years at Liverpool and one of the better strikers in La Liga when he played there. Where as Cavani has been noticed as one of the better strikers in Serie A for two years....

What you mean not really?

Torres has not done much for Chelsea despite having all that experience.

So those arguments hold no truth to them as shown by what Torres can do at Chelsea...

It doesnt matter about what they have done, if we are we might as well be talking about signing Owen because of his goals for Liverpool way back or even buy Alan Smith and hope he gets his goalscoring records back. Cavani is hot on form right now, that is the difference and I think he would take the premier league by storm. Torres is clearly not the same player as he was at Liverpool anymore

Cavani has had 2 decent seasons behind him, get real.

Bull fucking shit. Someone didn't watch him pre napoli, that's for sure. He was one of the biggest reasons Palermo were battling for Champions League spots (and only missed out by one point).

EBH likes this