Fernando Torres

aside from his steps back, torres has had more games looking better than DD... maybe not consistant, but the team wasnt consistant...

I'm counting last season as well.. I'm pretty sure over the year DD has been better, he most definitely has scored more goals (I won't bother searching for stats, it's not hard to top 5 goals in gadzillion games). But taking into consideration only this season, then neither have been consistent... Torres's good patch seemed to last only through August-September, after that it was all tits up for a while and now Drogba is starting to look good. Let it be Torres or Drogba, I just want one of them to be on form and firing regularly. Btw, Torres has been injury-free for the whole time with us, while Drogba at age 33 has suffered injuries and has taken out screws from his arm... In ideal world it should be no brainer that Torres would already be lightyears ahead of him.. go figure.

Your blatant cheering for a Chelsea player to fail is quite sickening honestly. Wise cracks and sarcasm to try and hide your hate don't help.

I backed Torres to the hilt. As I've previously said, when we signed him you would have been hard pressed to have found a more excited Chelsea fan than me, for years he had been one of my favourite non Chelsea players, I outright adored his style of play, his attitude, everything about him. When he started poorly I said it was down to the fact that the team was built around Drogba and not him and some adjustments were needed and a decent pre season. This season he got Mata, he got Meireles, he got a more attack minded coach and he got a full pre season and still he hasn't done it. I went to bat for Torres on here many times when others were calling for his head a lot earlier than me. However I've run out of excuses, he has had his full pre season, he has the stylistic change and none of it has helped. Not only that but his attitude isn't what you expect of a big money (let alone a 50 million pound) signing. The things that made him such a great player, his speed, his killer instinct in front of goal, seem to have entirely deserted him and what we are left with now is a player who is a vague shadow of his former self who we feel a requirement to play simply in the hope that he might justify some of his incredible fee and wages, it's a sad situation to be in.

And what has really gotten to me and has really sparked me up about this is the man who he is supposed to be replacing is showing all of the fight and characteristics we thought our 50 million pounds was buying us. Didier has nothing to play for, he is almost certain to leave at the end of the Summer, he has proven beyond all doubt what a great player he is and now he will end his career getting a big pay cheque somewhere else, he has seen it all and done it all at Chelsea, in theory he should be relaxing with Alex and Anelka training with the reserves. But that isn't Didier Drogba. It started with his game against Liverpool and he has gotten better and better with each passing game that he has played and the highlight came last night. The leadership of Drogba, the fighting spirit and the sheer will to win of Didier Drogba, the ability to perform at the highest level, leading a line single handedly at 33 years of age, it was nothing short of inspirational, and Im not afraid to admit that I shed a tear or two watching one of the finest strikers of his generation give one last great performance. You might call my attitude sickening but my standards are sky high and those standards are sky high because in Didier Drogba I have come to expect our star man to reach a certain standard, not only in terms of performance but in fighting spirit and in being a true leader, so if I am harsh on Torres it is because I have come to expect a lot from the club's main man and there are not many times where I've felt proud to call Torres our main man but last night Didier Drogba provided another moment, to a long Chelsea career of moments where I was as proud as could be to say that I am a Chelsea fan and that Didier Drogba is our striker. That is the standard that has been set.

Drogba seems to have this unique charm and ability to perform brilliantly in one match and make people completly forget that for the last 16 months he has either been under average or just complete crap.

So what? We should slate him for that and not appreciate his effort and performances in the future? Stop looking at things negatively.

I'll applaud him everytime he does well in a game. But its a bit hypocritical that we slate Torres 9even if rightly so) for every bad game but some seem to give Drogba a free pass for months of underperforming.

Fair enough, but Drogba HAS been receiving that sort of criticism the past couple months or so if I remember correctly. Many people wrote him off just like they did to Lampard and look how they've responded. If only Torres and Malouda could take a hint..

For gods sakes your not using the lazy tactic of adding goals and assists together to try and boost and give some illusion that he has been magnificent. I know you have your mouth firmly wedge down Drogba's cock. But face it, he had an underperforming season and he is incosistant in his productivity.

I'll applaud him everytime he does well in a game. But its a bit hypocritical that we slate Torres 9even if rightly so) for every bad game but some seem to give Drogba a free pass for months of underperforming.

Fair do's mate. Let's hope this Drogba performance wasn't a one-off though!

@Sam Drogba got 13 goals plus 17 assists last season meaning he had a last third production rate of 30 in 46 games which is fantastic. Torres has been a complete waste of money and waste of time !

Drogba was crap last season, reason Torres was bought in the first place.

Fair do's mate. Let's hope this Drogba performance wasn't a one-off though!

Buts thats what I find so frustrating about Drogba. You know that he can perform like this, but bar two seasons he has never been consistant in this and often has periods where he goes missing or becomes a liability on the pitch.

Buts thats what I find so frustrating about Drogba. You know that he can perform like this, but bar two seasons he has never been consistant in this and often has periods where he goes missing or becomes a liability on the pitch.

Agreed. My thoughts were, he was putting in this effort because he knows it's his last season here. It did follow his comments about him saying he'll honour his contract. Like Henrique said, let's hope this doesn't stop it being his final season.

Sam why don't you appreciate the fact that he assists goals dude ? He was the second highest assist maker in the league despite having a ''poor season'' it just shows how much of a monster he is ! If you told any other rival supporter that despite your Centre forward having a poor season he will directly contribute to the second highest assists in the entire league they will bite your hand off. Drogba's game is not only about goals its about bullying defenders and creating opportunities for others which is why Lampard has loved playing alongside him. Drogba has averaged at least a goal or an assist in every premier-league game he has played for this club. Torres is garbage and he always will be !

Sam why don't you appreciate the fact that he assists goals dude ? He was the second highest assist maker in the league despite having a ''poor season'' it just shows how much of a monster he is ! If you told any other rival supporter that despite your Centre forward having a poor season he will directly contribute to the second highest assists in the entire league they will bite your hand off. Drogba's game is not only about goals its about bullying defenders and creating opportunities for others which is why Lampard has loved playing alongside him. Drogba has averaged at least a goal or an assist in every premier-league game he has played for this club. Torres is garbage and he always will be !

Actually, since your so keen on adding both goals and assists together, I just looked up this season.

Drogba has scored 5 goals and got 1 assist, that means he got 6 points (shall we call them?)

Torres has scored 4 goals and got 4 assists, that means he has got 8 points this season.

Do you see the problem in your methodology?

The thing is i think Torres and Shevchenko both had the same problem, they have a striker in Didier who is so complete in terms of what he can offer us that they both were always going to play second fiddle. Torres will be on the bench a lot this season. I think Torres will probably leave in the summer, Drogba will go to africa in January and Torres will probably score a few then when Drogba comes back he will be back on the bench.

Drogba has played 12 games he has scored 5 goals and he has got 2 assists. Torres has played 17 games he has 4 goals and 4 assists :lol:. In all comps !

SMH Rooney has as many goals as both of them in the league alone.

Oh and Rooney has not even scored in months :lol: