Fernando Torres

Danny must be given the chance to lead the line .. At least he gives 100% every time

Mata - Sturridge - Anelka is good enough til January until we get a new RW.

Tired of people downplaying his ability as CF after ONE game vs. Blackburn.

For me, Torres needs to leave at the end of the season if the doesn't start playing like we expect him to. You don't pay a shitload of money and monstrous wages for a player to score 10-15 goals and play decent. You pay it for someone who will lead the team through the tough times, score match winners and be a club's symbol. You pay a shitload of money for someone like Aguero, Ronaldo or Silva who are amongst the best players in the world.

We do not want to be stuck with another high earning superstar that underperforms.

It would be fine if he was young and failed to impress or perform, but he is at his peak and as weeks pass he'll slowly start to decline. He is 28 in 4 months. He is not getting any younger.

Do we really need to pay his monstrous wages for him to sit on the bench? It is better to try and earn some money while we still can rather then having him struggle for a couple of years and take the place Sturridge or Lukaku should have and then leave on a free transfer...

I have nothing against the guy and I liked him ever since his Atletico days, and his performances aside, he is still one of the footballers I like regardless of the shirt they are playing with, but the club's interest comes first.

It is up to him now.

Mata - Sturridge - Anelka is good enough til January until we get a new RW.

Tired of people downplaying his ability as CF after ONE game vs. Blackburn.

Make that one half against blackburn. Torres came on after halftime and he switched to the wing. But yeah, I totally agree, he deserves a chance more than Torres.

tbh I can see some effort from him, he tries awful lot of ambitious and sometimes impossible dribbles, but more often than not he fails... it's not that he's not trying, he has just lost his sharpness. It may be a case of trying too hard, if he wasn't so eager to prove himself... He isn't acting on instinct, he thinks too much on his next move for a striker.

tbh I can see some effort from him, he tries awful lot of ambitious and sometimes impossible dribbles, but more often than not he fails... it's not that he's not trying, he has just lost his sharpness. It may be a case of trying too hard, if he wasn't so eager to prove himself... He isn't acting on instinct, he thinks too much on his next move for a striker.

This is true, and this was also the problem with Danny in the early stages of preseason.