Fernando Torres

The way Liverpool reacted to the whole thing was pathetic. They made it seem as if it was a last minute betrayal and they weren't given any time, whatever.

It's a FACT that Torres was disillusioned with the club during all that Hicks and Gillette nonsense. He was promised many things by them and they didn't deliver. They let their best players in Alonso, Arbeloa, etc go. He probably wanted out at the beginning of the 10/11 season but decided to give it some time. Then he was managed by Roy Hodgson... I mean come on!

The boardroom saga went on for soooo long. He was suffering injury after injury. And you know what? One of the few decent games he had in 10/11 was against us at Anfield. I've got this feeling that that performance by him, was a message to Roman to buy him and that he's still "got it".

Why the transfer was so last minute: Liverpool were trying to sign Suarez for 20odd million and if Ajax had known that they were sitting on 40 or so mil (which would have been the original transfer price if Newcastle hadn't demanded 35m for that lump of shit), they would have asked for much more. Queen Kenny also must have blocked the transfer til the very last minute, as he wanted the LFC supporters to turn on Torres so as to justify the transfer. "He bottled it, he betrayed us" yada yada

Y'know what? FUCK THEM. I've never hated anything as much as I hate Liverpool Football Club. I want them to burn and I hope it begins on Sunday with a Torres hattrick.

Good points there , Liverpool drove him out the club with there lack of ambition , he wants to win titles and play at the top. he even said playing out the champions league is like being dead in the world of football. seeing all the best players around you leaving and brining in a second rate manager will get you thinking.

He made a choice for his career and Liverpool fans are too short sighted so they will see it as a betrayal. people do it in there jobs everyday but in football you are expected to be loyal to the people who pay to see you.

i am sure we will have it happen to us and we will feel the same , but thats football.

Like I said, don't bother. Even when he is gracious about them, they follow up with 'fucking wanker'.

They just want to live in their own little Liverpool world where the Torres transfer happened with the cartoon villains--Torres, RA and Chelsea conspiring to bring down heroic Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool. Every game they play brings light to our dark universe.

Torres has tried to take the high road with the Chelsea move. That unfortunately couldn't and wouldn't be allowed by LFC. It is what it is and I think Torres finally realizes that too. I think he's too decent a guy to give the LFC faithful the universally recognized finger but who here wouldn't mind that just for a second? I think he hoped for better after all he gave the club but LFC loyalty seems to be a one-way street which is fine. Just don't pretend you're so much better than the rest of us with your holier than thou crap. Torres may not have won trophies with LFC but he gave them a little extra when he played. He knew that, Rafa knew that, and so did the bass-akwards owners/management. He puts butts in the seats, he puts shirts on the backs, and he was very valuable to LFC. If he had left during the summer right after the WC, LFC would not have been worth as much and everybody knew that. If Torres had left under Rafa or Roy it would have been more acceptable. To leave under Kenny was like treason to the red koolaid drinkers. That they just could not/would not understand.

Torres was absolutely worshipped by Atletico supporters. He was a childhood prodigy who came up the ranks and was loved, think Josh but a quicker rise. Atletico supporters loved him and still love him because he's from the youth program AND because he constantly turned his nose up at RM. One reason those bitter primadonas hate him.

My regret about him playing for LFC is that they were so reliant on him for tactical and financial reasons that they rode him hard and put him away wet. Plus the continual back and forth between Spain and LFC - he's healthy, no he's not, yes he is. The medical management of Torres at LFC in conjunction with Spain is a mystery. It's a wonder he didn't miss more games.

I think Torres gave Liverpool more than enough and I hope to hell he has the team success with Chelsea he didn't have with Liverpool or Atletico.

The way Liverpool reacted to the whole thing was pathetic. They made it seem as if it was a last minute betrayal and they weren't given any time, whatever.

It's a FACT that Torres was disillusioned with the club during all that Hicks and Gillette nonsense. He was promised many things by them and they didn't deliver. They let their best players in Alonso, Arbeloa, etc go. He probably wanted out at the beginning of the 10/11 season but decided to give it some time. Then he was managed by Roy Hodgson... I mean come on!

The boardroom saga went on for soooo long. He was suffering injury after injury. And you know what? One of the few decent games he had in 10/11 was against us at Anfield. I've got this feeling that that performance by him, was a message to Roman to buy him and that he's still "got it".

Why the transfer was so last minute: Liverpool were trying to sign Suarez for 20odd million and if Ajax had known that they were sitting on 40 or so mil (which would have been the original transfer price if Newcastle hadn't demanded 35m for that lump of shit), they would have asked for much more. Queen Kenny also must have blocked the transfer til the very last minute, as he wanted the LFC supporters to turn on Torres so as to justify the transfer. "He bottled it, he betrayed us" yada yada

Y'know what? FUCK THEM. I've never hated anything as much as I hate Liverpool Football Club. I want them to burn and I hope it begins on Sunday with a Torres hattrick.

Wish i could give you a 1000 rep points for that post, EPIC!

I think Torres gave Liverpool more than enough and I hope to hell he has the team success with Chelsea he didn't have with Liverpool or Atletico.

Amen. Nothing can be done about the past and LFC, with their numbers, are always going to win the propaganda war. Best thing is for Torres to get on with it and help Chelsea win titles. Hope AVB and RA have a winter transfer plan to bolster the club for the rest of the season. Stay close to City, do well in the cup tournaments. Think next season is the one to really aim for the big silverware. Crossing fingers, toes and eyes that Torres will regain his form so he can be an important contributor to Chelsea's success. That would be the best possible outcome.

Agree last couple of games he was poor. This match against the dippers will be a big test. I'm really interested to see how he performs. If he wants to get back to anything close to his best then he has to start with it. It's no point scoring against Swansea and genk. If he plays well this Sunday, even if he doesn't score, then I'll be much more optimistic because it'll show he's left all the crap in the past and it doesn't affect him anymore.

Didn't he come out and say that a couple of months ago , is this his way of reassuring us that he is trying.

Think he did Krypt -but its club and agent PR driven probably - he will come good in patches, but consistency is whats needed

Agree last couple of games he was poor. This match against the dippers will be a big test. I'm really interested to see how he performs. If he wants to get back to anything close to his best then he has to start with it. It's no point scoring against Swansea and genk. If he plays well this Sunday, even if he doesn't score, then I'll be much more optimistic because it'll show he's left all the crap in the past and it doesn't affect him anymore.

He did well against Man Ure and that was at OT, where he got untold stick....you know if Torres is up for a game, as when he recieves the ball he looks to go on a bit of a run down either flank. When he is hiding he will look for the simple pass. Also his movement off the ball is important, when he is sprinting to find the space you know he is game, if he is just jogging about he is not interested.

He did well against Man Ure and that was at OT, where he got untold stick....you know if Torres is up for a game, as when he recieves the ball he looks to go on a bit of a run down either flank. When he is hiding he will look for the simple pass. Also his movement off the ball is important, when he is sprinting to find the space you know he is game, if he is just jogging about he is not interested.

Yeh his performance there was really good and scored an excellent goal too. This one will be different though because you know the LFC fans are going to scream all sorts of things at him and last season he just seemed to collapse under it but now he has to show that he's moving on with that crap

Yeh his performance there was really good and scored an excellent goal too. This one will be different though because you know the LFC fans are going to scream all sorts of things at him and last season he just seemed to collapse under it but now he has to show that he's moving on with that crap

If he scores i think he will put all the shit behind him , if he has another bad game i think we might be looking at another waste of money as Bluelion said his patience is getting thin and i think that's the case for alot of us here. Its not like he is new to the league so he should be at least scoring , that's what he is paid to do. he has had longer to prove himself here than any other striker we have had.

If he scores i think he will put all the shit behind him , if he has another bad game i think we might be looking at another waste of money as Bluelion said his patience is getting thin and i think that's the case for alot of us here. Its not like he is new to the league so he should be at least scoring , that's what he is paid to do. he has had longer to prove himself here than any other striker we have had.

What frustrates me with him is that he has showed he can still do it in a Chelsea shirt but only very rarely. The only games where I have thought "wow, that is the old Torres" are the games against Stoke, Man U and 1st half v Genk at home....

Why can't he give that level of effort in all games??. If it does not happen for him then fine, but at least try your best...

We have to stay positive with him and at least his performances this year have not been as bad as when we first signed him when some of the performances were embarrasing...his allround play is ok now and he does have a few assists, but obviously for £50m we expect more.