Fernando Torres

But at least we're out there bidding for these world class players.

Exactly what i was thinking.

It's great to see, all we need to do now is pull of a major transfer.. and whilst doing so, we need to shock alot of people.

About time we started bidding for world class players, and big fees again. been a while.

Not buying any of it until Ancelotti/Gourlay/Abramovich himself confirms it. I would risk sticking my head out and saying Torres -as far as Chelsea are concerned- is the new Kaka/Aguero/insert lazy transfer link.

It could even be a rather sad attempt by Liverpool to show that they are keeping their start players to attract the likes of Suarez or maybe one from us to put pressure on Benfica.

Not buying any of it until Ancelotti/Gourlay/Abramovich himself confirms it. I would risk sticking my head out and saying Torres -as far as Chelsea are concerned- is the new Kaka/Aguero/insert lazy transfer link.

It could even be a rather sad attempt by Liverpool to show that they are keeping their start players to attract the likes of Suarez

Yep! Though neither will never deny/confirm it. Like I said before Athletico claimed we made a bid and Chelsea responded very promptly effectively denying it.

Yeah I just checked.. Lol.

We shouldn't bother with this one though. Won't happen now. As Term said, 3 days left.. Not enough.

Exactly, why even bother envisioning his signing. No sane person would bet on us signing a player for a club record transfer fee in just 3 days.

Atletico and Liverpool have a good relationship.

First Atletico say we had a massive bid rejected, we say we didn't.

Now Liverpool say we had a massive bid rejected, wait for us to say we didn't.

Liverpool & Atletico trying to corrupt Chelsea so we pay over the odds for future players, because teams will think we are willing to splash out.

Conspiracy theory #1

:whistling:

Torres is past his best, blighted by injury. He is nowhere near the Torres of old. We should not be bidding for him. Very let down by the club over this, we should not be making these moves while we are haggling with Benfica over money. We've now gone and shown them our hand, that we've got cash to burn. Not to mention that this kind of deal takes time and structuring, we cant do that in 3 days, so why even bother bidding? That was complete idiotic move. Roman, let me run your transfers, I will do it for less than whoever you're paying now. This is so pathetic.