Fernando Torres

The last assist was good but a Striker with confidence would have buried it himself. Shows Torres is lacking confidence and hence he decided to lay it to Mata.

On the contrary. He is obviously the most desperate man out there to score and get people off his back. So he could have easily grabbed that chance and tried to curl it past the keeper but instead displayed commendable team ethic and chose to do the right thing and ensure a comfortable ending to the game while forgoing personal glory.

He was good last night. I wish he had taken a first time shot when Mata (?) crossed it low but was an alright attempt and forced a very good save by the goalie. A few unlucky moments as well; the shot in the first minute, the goal that was ruled out for offside, the great header from the Cole cross where he managed to twist his body to get the header but unfortunately couldn't get enough power on it. The second assist in particular was quality!!

He just needs to get a couple of goals in a match and he will be much better. Obviously, I hope Man Utd will be that match but I think Fulham in the CC next week would be a decent shout! Know that there'll probably be rotation but I'd like to see Torres play some part if he doesn't score against Utd.

On the contrary. He is obviously the most desperate man out there to score and get people off his back. So he could have easily grabbed that chance and tried to curl it past the keeper but instead displayed commendable team ethic and chose to do the right thing and ensure a comfortable ending to the game while forgoing personal glory.

But you forget. He lacks confidence and if he had missed that people would slack him for not passing it on to an open player and carry on ridiculing him and talking about how pathetic is finishing is.

I have a good feeling about Torres on sunday.

I have a good feeling he'll be on the bench.

Seriously. Not a game to be risking the whole "maybe he'll score THIS time" feeling, AVB will know this. Sturridge has already proved himself a goal threat so a trio of Anelka - Sturridge - Mata will do me fine.

If he does play, I'll have no complaints. As long as Sturridge & Mata flank him!

Guest justin_3d

Fernando Torres – what's gone wrong with him at Chelsea?

http://www.guardian....es-goal-drought

FLOP TORRES IS A SPANISH SHEVCHENKO

http://www.dailystar...ish-Shevchenko/

Prove the doubters wrong, Fernando: Torres holds key to getting the critics off the back of Chelsea boss Villas-Boas

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1YGV9S0zk

£50M FLOP FERNANDO TORRES

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/211255/-50M-flop-Fernando-Torres/

Edited by justin_3d

A lot of articles about Torres just before the game! :carlo:

You see a piece of shit on a golden pathway, which is more of a talking point? The golden pathway that is 'perfect' in every way, or the little peice of shit that is in the way?

That is the way the media works, unfortunately. No matter how shiny and perfect the Golden pathway, unless there isn't not pieces of shit on it, there is always going to be people complaining. Then again, if there is shit in your eyes, then everything you talk about seeing is shit.....

Really ?!

I think carlo would have named the starting XI :carlo:

Even as a Carlo fan i could not for the life of me work out why he kept doing that. Gave opponents advantage and say against Villa he said Bruma will start so Villa has 24 hours to work out how to target him.

I think because he is a nice man who don't like confrontation the media took advantage of that.