Fernando Torres

Just please, the hype around Torres is killing me! Just forget about him. He is a Chelsea player just as the rest 24 guys...

It is not good that the first word that comes to everybody's mouth when they hear Chelsea is TORRES! He's in bad form and that's it. Rooney was too, but look at him now. Perhaps Torres will be the same, perhaps he won't. Whatever happens, we have Lukaku and Sturridge.

I'm afraid hes finished... although I do not hope so. He clearly made his goals by himself in the liverpool shirt, and not many of his goals came from great passes. Sad to say, but he really isn't the same as before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnoVmWoqiyk&feature=player_embedded#!

I hope he proves me wrong :yes:

Just look at his touch and speed.

I'm afraid hes finished... although I do not hope so. He clearly made his goals by himself in the liverpool shirt, and not many of his goals came from great passes. Sad to say, but he really isn't the same as before...

I sure he will prove you wrong mate! :eyebrows:

And i have to say he gets loads of good passes from gerrard(i hate him but he can pass the ball)

Of course his touch looks good in the video, they're all before he scores. Where's the video when he has a bad touch and doesn't score? He had those moments and days for Liverpool too. He's always, always had an inconsistent first touch. It's why he's struggled with tika taka Spain ("struggle" in relative terms, good enough to get 88 caps for the best national team of the last half decade) and he's always the first to be subbed. If Spain need or want to control a game, they take him off.

If and when Torres comes good for Chelsea, he'll still have the inconsistent first touch. He's always been that way. I've said this before the long, long slump...if Torres had a world class first touch, he would be up there with Messi and Ronaldo because he is or was in 2007-09 so physically gifted. Even then with an iffy first touch, he was one of the top 5-10 players in the world.

After watching that video it's quite sad to see how much Torres has changed.

I think i can no longer make excuses for him, we blame the midfield, but he got dropped from Spain, and they have one of the best midfield's in the world. I just don't know, i hope he can regain his old form, but a part me just thinks he wont.

He has not played well since Stoke, and has actually gotten worse in every game since then.

But i will not make any judgement till he plays a couple games - and not for fucking 10 mins - with Mata, Meireles and Sturridge (first 2 especially)

If after that he's still crap, then we better cut our losses and get rid of him in January.

You could blame the midfield but now I have to admit, it is down to him, his confidence looks shattered.

Torres would never have attempted that cheeky back-heel like Sturridge did, I wish he had Sturridge's "I'ma show you how great I am" attitude.

He has not played well since Stoke, and has actually gotten worse in every game since then.

But i will not make any judgement till he plays a couple games - and not for fucking 10 mins - with Mata, Meireles and Sturridge (first 2 especially)

If after that he's still crap, then we better cut our losses and get rid of him in January.

it would be a big loss as well .. be lucky to get 20mill ..unless the russians want him